Main Menu

Rock/Rock - Based Recursion; how playble is it?

Started by Loessli, 15-07-2009, 08:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loessli

Hey, i would like to enter competitive HL playing so I was wondering about what deck to chose.
As I tend to find Controldecks more interesting than Aggrodecks, i was thinking about a G/B rock deck.
I've been trying out some matchups vs white weenies and and R/G beats with very good results but i haven't tried to play vs 5c control or even Staxx dekcs (because none of my buddies have any of those decks :(), so could you maybe help me on this matchup and tell me, if i should stick with a more traditional control build or go for a rather recursion based version of the deck?
thx, Loessli

GoblinPiledriver

With a G/B Rock deck you have a good matchup against aggro decks like WW or R/G, but against Staxx or Controll you have a bad matchup. You need against a Controll deck more aggressive cards to set the opponent under pressure. But of course this could made your agrro matchup worse. There is no golden way to solve such problems, you couldn`t have a deck with a good matchup against every deck type.

So think about the metagame in your area and choose your deck after it.
And of course you should test your deck, to avoid mistakes and to notify which card works good oder bad in your deck

When your buddies don`t have such controll decks, which you didn`t test enough, you could test your deck via MWS.
There are enough (Highlander)players which you can play against.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Mythrandir

well, if you like i can play with 5CC :P vs you, just add me on icq or msn...

As for the deck, more recursion tricks are better vs control, things like genesis, SOF, recurring nightmare are really good vs control decks, IMO. But might be too slow (genesis) vs aggro