Main Menu

[M10] changes

Started by Mythrandir, 10-06-2009, 11:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldcrow

Actually I could care less about the damage stack, although I find the blocker lining-up ridiculous.

What I really mourn are the changes to rfg-zone, manapool-emptying and manaburn.

First one makes wishes unplayable in HL. Second one makes mana-denying cards really good and also weakens combo. Tangle-wire, M.Helix, Mana short here they come. And 3rd one , well at least now we can play double/triple mana cards without drawback :S .

Mythrandir

Well, i agree with vazdru. After playing some matches (M10 mode) i havent' found any big difference. Yes, sac abilities are nerfed now. But also opens a bit of design space:

Neo-mogg
R
1/1
Sacrifice: Choose one: Deals 1 damage to player or deals 2 damage to creature.

Moving on....

It isn't better this way (M10), but it isn't bad this way either. It's very situational, you gain some strategical depth in some cases, you lose some strategical depth in others. For me, i will, certainly, adapt to the new rules.
I'm bit more concerned about the blocking line-up, which i find, not only bad in terms of lfavor, but a bid dumb too.

@Coldcrow: Yes, mana burn, mana emptying is a bad, but like wishes (in HL) they will be far from broken. I think i´ve to terms better with DOTS than the others changes.

What i think it's the worst about this thing (like in many other WOTC decisions) is their lack of (good) arguments. But well, they're a company, and companies are made to make money...