Main Menu

Is it worth buying a workshop?

Started by Lotus, 22-08-2007, 11:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotus

Even if the Academy is banned now i would still like to play my Stax Deck  ;D. But now of cause (with crop rotation) it is very important to have a workshop. As everybody knows this costs a lot of money. So my question is: Is it worth buying one?  ???
My fear is that i will buy one and then it is banned or crop rotaion is banned. Is it likely that with the next bannings one of those cards is banned? what do you think?

Vazdru

Definitely no ;) I've bought a Beta Berserk for R/G and Firesgeddon and never played it yet :D Why? There are too many nice Decks you can play in highlander. So i decided to play Oath.dec rather than R/G and Firesgeddon on the last Highlander-GP.

BUT ! If you can get a workshop cheaply - take it !!!!  :P It is still one of the strongest cards in one of the strongest decks.

BUT ! If you ask me i would ban workshop and unban trinisphere. So maybe one time.... ;)
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Lotus

Yeah i think you are right, if i'll get over a cheap one i will buy it  8). If it will be banned it's also probaply not to hard to sell it again, because it's still a good T1 card.

Beta Berserk is nice....i think the RG-Beats is quite strong deck right now, so maybe you will get back to it ;)

SpecialBats

If trends continue, they're not going to ban shop.

Basically, they just unbanned dustbowl and Timetwister, both of which make stacks better than it was, so they're more interested in equipping that deck than disabling it right now. I have a pretty minty one myself... it's a very satisfying card, I don't think you'll have any form of buyer's remorse with it.