Main Menu

[HLL]Rules - Please read

Started by Mythrandir, 18-04-2009, 04:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mythrandir

This topic is meant, mainly for new players/members, but it is advised to be read by all Highlander online league (HLL) participants.

The HLL is an absolutely free online league with symbolic prizes (donated mostly by Vazdru, thks Vazdru ;D). You'll need an online platform to play (usually MWS) here you can find a summary of the HLL rules:

1) Our league follows the basic rules from Highlander matches, you can find more about these rules here.
1.1) HLL - Season XIV uses enlarged card pool (all cards unbanned + all cards on unban-watchlist)

If your deck fails to check this list, you'll lose your match, but you'll stay in the league. (Remember to alter it for the next match, if this happens to you).

1.2) And uses this "special" mulligan rule:
[spoiler]For one of the starting hands during each game only, each player may "reject" any number of cards from his or her hand. They set these cards aside, draw the corresponding number of cards from their deck and, after that, reshuffle the set-aside cards back into their library. The opponent cuts the deck afterwards (mandatory). Note that this is a slight change as of 04/15/2007 since you can now choose the hand from which you reject cards, e.g. with a very bad initial hand of 7 you may decide to take a normal mulligan without rejecting any cards. You may then apply the new mulligan to your 6-card-hand.[/spoiler]

2) Every week, Vazdru makes new pairings. This pairings allows you to see whom you have to play your matches against. When and "where" you play is your (both players) decision.

3) A match is composed of the best of 3 games. The time limit for the 3 games (1 match) is 1 hour, however, if BOTH players agree, you may play without time limit. Always ask before starting a match.

4) During a match you cannot change your deck. However you may choose a different deck (or make modifications to your deck) for every match.

5) There is no date limit to when you can play your matches, you can even play half of your match on a day and the rest on another day (if both players agree). If you do so, remember to save both security codes.
However you must abide to a minimum matches calendar, which is posted by Vazdru. (Keep in mind that, you don't need to play your pairings by order of announcement, you can stay in the league even if you have matches from Pairings 1 still to play, as long as you keep the minimum matches requirement)

6) Scoring in the league is as follow:
Win = 3 points
Losing = 0 points
Drawing = 1 point

7) After playing a full match, please go to the scoreboard of the current league and report your score. A brief report of the match and decks is very welcomed, although not obligatory.

Remember to play fair and honest. This league is all about having a good time and playing an awesome format/game.  ;D

after 10 [HLL]Seasons it is time for some change  ;)

New rules effective for Season XI

> Season XI lasts from Jan, 1st to Mar 31st

> Season XI will have three stages:

Stage 1 (January)
Participants will be split up in two groups based on [HLL]Ladder (Group 1 upper half, Group 2 lower half rather new players)
Groupmembers are free to play vs eachother once, there won't be any specified pairings.
Participants have to play min. 2 and max. 7 matches in stage 1
Participants who do not reach the minimum of 2 matches will be excluded as inactive members.

Stage 2 (February)
Active participants will be split up in two groups based on their Season XI Ranking (upper/lower half)
Groupmembers are free to play vs eachother once (as clarification: participants do not have to play vs opponents of previous stages)
Participants have to play min. 2 and max. 7 matches in stage 2
Participants do not reach the minimum of 7 matches till the end of stage 2 will be excluded as inactive members.

Stage 3 (March)
There will be pairings for active players based on Season XI Ranking at the beginning of stage 3.
Participants do not have to play vs opponents of previous stages.
Every participant may have a maximum of 15 matches.

> Only players who have ever made a contribution to price pool may win any prices at the end of season XI, players who haven’t contributed anything will play for fun.
Registered contributors for [HLL] actually are

~Fenry~
coldcrow
derStefan82
-jfk-
marchhare
Mythrandir
Nastaboi
Tabris
Vazdru
Maggot
Geth29
Goblinpiledriver
Helle

If anyone is missing plz PM. List will be updated continuously.

> We will obviously use at any one time the updated banned list. In other respects the rules stated above by Mythrandir are still valid.

Vazdru

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Georg B

The timelimit is an interessting point cause I never played with any.
Did someone here play with a timelimit in a league match?

Mythrandir

Quote from: Georg B on 19-04-2009, 08:57:47 PM
The timelimit is an interessting point cause I never played with any.
Did someone here play with a timelimit in a league match?

Not that i know of... But rules are rules. Matches have 1hour limit, it is better to ask before starting the match (specially the new players) because players who have league experience usually don´t play with time limit. But if a single player wants to enforce the timelimit in a match, timelimit is to be respected. We never had any problems before, and i expect there won't be any but it is better to clarify all the rules.

grizzledmage

This is indeed an interesting point, and this is also the first I am seeing this in the rules. One of the reasons I have sat out some leagues (including the current one) is that matches very often go for substantially longer than an hour, which is time that I often cannot easily afford (since I am almost always playing during work hours here in the western hemisphere... yes it is true that I am an independent contractor and set my own work schedule, but nevertheless there are phone calls etc. that shouldn't be ignored).

I will go out on a limb here. If a player were to request observance of the 1-hour limit prior to a match, how would the rest of the players here react?

Mythrandir

Quote from: grizzledmage on 20-04-2009, 07:26:05 PM
This is indeed an interesting point, and this is also the first I am seeing this in the rules. One of the reasons I have sat out some leagues (including the current one) is that matches very often go for substantially longer than an hour, which is time that I often cannot easily afford (since I am almost always playing during work hours here in the western hemisphere... yes it is true that I am an independent contractor and set my own work schedule, but nevertheless there are phone calls etc. that shouldn't be ignored).

I will go out on a limb here. If a player were to request observance of the 1-hour limit prior to a match, how would the rest of the players here react?

well, at least for me i like finishing my games, whether i´m winning or losing, but since you have trouble playing more than 1h straight i don´t have a problem with that, only request that you say that we're playing with time limit before starting the match.

Vazdru

after 10 [HLL]Seasons it is time for some change  ;)

New rules effective for Season XI

> Season XI lasts from Jan, 1st to Mar 31st

> Season XI will have three stages:

Stage 1 (January)
Participants will be split up in two groups based on [HLL]Ladder (Group 1 upper half, Group 2 lower half rather new players)
Groupmembers are free to play vs eachother once, there won’t be any specified pairings.
Participants have to play min. 2 and max. 7 matches in stage 1
Participants who do not reach the minimum of 2 matches will be excluded as inactive members.

Stage 2 (February)
Active participants will be split up in two groups based on their Season XI Ranking (upper/lower half)
Groupmembers are free to play vs eachother once (as clarification: participants must not play vs opponents of previous stages)
Participants have to play min. 2 and max. 7 matches in stage 2
Participants do not reach the minimum of 7 matches till the end of stage 2 will be excluded as inactive members.

Stage 3 (March)
There will be pairings for active players based on Season XI Ranking at the beginning of stage 3.
Participants must not play vs opponents of previous stages.
Every participant may have a maximum of 15 matches.

> Only players who have ever made a contribution to price pool may win any prices at the end of season XI, players who haven’t contributed anything will play for fun.
Registered contributors for [HLL] actually are

~Fenry~
coldcrow
derStefan82
-jfk-
marchhare
Mythrandir
Nastaboi
Tabris
Vazdru
Maggot
Geth29

If anyone is missing plz PM. List will be updated continuously.

> We will obviously use at any one time the updated banned list. In other respects the rules stated above by Mythrandir are still valid.
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Season XIV uses enlarged card-pool (see above)

No match schedule, u are free to challenge any other player in the league.
Results and game-reports have to be posted in [HLL]Scoreboard
Far below the earth