Main Menu

Season VI ?!

Started by Vazdru, 15-03-2009, 03:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

Season V will soon be over.

As i didn't won any Boosters recently nor earned any for writting a HL article i can't donate any Boosters for Season VI. So we have to find a different way to gather some prices.

Suggestions welcome.

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

pyyhttu

Do we even seriously need boosters as a driving force for this league to prosper and players to enjoy? All I care is that I get to play and test rogue builds against same spirited people and don't have to suffer from random MWS quitters.

The biggest incentive this league offers comes from documentation, statistics and interesting builds/ideas other players whip together.

And ofcourse that we have had a dedicated league maintainer upholding this so far. Kudos for that Vazdru!

Nastaboi

I don't think anyone really cares about prizes - winner of the last season donated them back, if I recall. Being able to play and win against other serious highlanders is enough for a prize.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

grizzledmage

I agree completely with Pyyhttu and Nastaboi.

Mythrandir

Quote from: grizzledmage on 16-03-2009, 04:40:16 AM
I agree completely with Pyyhttu and Nastaboi.

Same here, i mainly play because i love my 5CC :D and this format, if i wanted to win the prizes i wouldn´t play all my games with the 5CC...

But if the "no-prize" policy affects the league, i´m more than willingly to contribute.

Poll time?

Vazdru

Quote from: Mythrandir on 16-03-2009, 08:15:22 PM
Poll time?

Thanks for the feedback so far.

No, i don't think a poll is necessary. I just want to collect a spectrum of opinion to this question.

Actually i think about donating some cheap rares for the next season as an ideational price for the winner(s).

Far below the earth

Mythrandir

Quote from: Vazdru on 16-03-2009, 09:14:04 PM
Quote from: Mythrandir on 16-03-2009, 08:15:22 PM
Poll time?

Thanks for the feedback so far.

No, i don't think a poll is necessary. I just want to collect a spectrum of opinion to this question.

Actually i think about donating some cheap rares for the next season as an ideational price for the winner(s).

If you need help, let me know. if all contribute and doesnt come out as expensive.

Thibir

I don´t need prices to participate in the League. However if we agree on donating some cards for prices, I won´t have a problem with it.

Vazdru

Just a clarification:

I haven't meant that everybody who wanna participate in next season has to donate some rares. Noone is requested to add some crap rares to the price pool ... but everyone is of course welcome to do that.

I pondered to add e. g. Phyrexian Arena, Kodama of the South Tree and stuff like this just as some kind of "symbolic price".

Far below the earth