Main Menu

[CON] Oath' new "little" helper!

Started by Georg B, 17-01-2009, 02:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georg B

Progenitus - wwuubbrrgg
Legendary Creature - Hydra (M)
Protection from everything
When Progenitus is put into a graveyard from anywhere, shuffle it into its owner's library.
10/10

Who is going to play creatures from a pre Alara edition now?
First Hellkite, then Archangel and now this monster!

Vazdru

Quote from: Georg B on 17-01-2009, 02:04:06 PM

:o ???  ;D
Sounds great to me - that means it has Shroud + Protection from creatures - so you can't even jump-block that monster - LOL. I can only see Wrath, Damnation and stuff like this to handle it! And you have to do it quite fast - P/T 10/10  ::)

It's an autoinclude in every Oath-Deck and imo the best (oath-)creature (together with archangel) ever printed (if it's no fake) - only haste is missing to make it god-like  ;D
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Mythrandir

Quote from: Vazdru on 17-01-2009, 02:30:53 PM
Quote from: Georg B on 17-01-2009, 02:04:06 PM

:o ???  ;D
Sounds great to me - that means it has Shroud + Protection from creatures - so you can't even jump-block that monster - LOL. I can only see Wrath, Damnation and stuff like this to handle it! And you have to do it quite fast - P/T 10/10  ::)

It's an autoinclude in every Oath-Deck and imo the best (oath-)creature (together with archangel) ever printed (if it's no fake) - only haste is missing to make it god-like  ;D

I dont think its fake, its just a matter of really knowing what "protection from everything" really does, i for once thing that its is badly worded, because everything is a too strong word. But, yes i agree: protection from creatures/colors/artifacts/lands/enchantments/PW... now it´s just a matter if this gets gets killed by a WOG.

Impressive creature, indeed.

EDITED:well, it´s "official" Protection from everything (This creature can't be blocked, targeted, dealt damage, enchanted or equipped.), so WOG, edicts, still get him. An auto-include for oath, it seems oath runs a lot of mythic creatures :P if this hits the table you´re on a very thight clock

Vazdru

Yes, it's even better than Shroud + Protection from creatures. I've forgotten things like Starstorm or Earthquake/Hurricane which can deal with creas like Empyrial Archangel.
Far below the earth

Mythrandir

Quote from: Vazdru on 17-01-2009, 08:43:16 PM
Yes, it's even better than Shroud + Protection from creatures. I've forgotten things like Starstorm or Earthquake/Hurricane which can deal with creas like Empyrial Archangel.

yeap, good replacement for the overlord hellkite, specially because of the grave ability. in a oath that means he just keeps coming.

Vazdru

Quote from: Mythrandir on 17-01-2009, 09:00:28 PM

yeap, good replacement for the overlord hellkite, specially because of the grave ability. in a oath that means he just keeps coming.

I see only one problem. Progenitus do not fly and that's why you do not like playing Darksteel Collossus in Oath as well. You need the early Moat to survive vs e. g. R/G-Beatz and can't win afterwards with your creature on the board. That isn't what an Oath-playing dreamin of... ;D 
Far below the earth

Georg B

Well, if you have Moat and Oath in Play you can just wait for the Archangel and win without the Hydra.
And I think you can also play all 3 Mythics.

Vazdru

Quote from: Georg B on 18-01-2009, 04:27:53 PM
Well, if you have Moat and Oath in Play you can just wait for the Archangel and win without the Hydra.
And I think you can also play all 3 Mythics.

I think i would play Progenitus, Hellkite, Archangel and Akroma in my next Oath-Deck.
Far below the earth

Georg B

Why Akroma?
I think 3 creatures are the maximum, cause I f you are at low total life and you need the Archangel, Akroma just annoys.

Mythrandir

Quote from: Vazdru on 18-01-2009, 01:12:03 PM
Quote from: Mythrandir on 17-01-2009, 09:00:28 PM

I see only one problem. Progenitus do not fly and that's why you do not like playing Darksteel Collossus in Oath as well. You need the early Moat to survive vs e. g. R/G-Beatz and can't win afterwards with your creature on the board. That isn't what an Oath-playing dreamin of... ;D 
i think the biggest problem with colossus is tht he can be targeted. bounce, STP, maze of ith, so in this case, Progenitus way better.

As for moat problem, well, just wait for the angel.. i also think that 4 creatures may start to seem like a bit random. But i think progenitus is worth testing (instead and with overlord).

Kassow-Rossing

[/quote]

I dont think its fake, its just a matter of really knowing what "protection from everything" really does, i for once thing that its is badly worded, because everything is a too strong word. But, yes i agree: protection from creatures/colors/artifacts/lands/enchantments/PW... now it´s just a matter if this gets gets killed by a WOG.

Mithrandir@ Protection from everything is exactly the wording that is needed. Everybody who knows the rules, knows what Protection from everything means. Can't be blocked, can't be targeted and all damage is prevented

Mythrandir

Quote from: Kassow-Rossing on 01-04-2009, 02:12:49 PM

Mithrandir@ Protection from everything is exactly the wording that is needed. Everybody who knows the rules, knows what Protection from everything means. Can't be blocked, can't be targeted and all damage is prevented

eerrr.. that was before we had an oficial confirmation from wotc. Please don not bump dead topics, unless you want to add anything worthy :)

Kassow-Rossing

Sorry :) I'm new in here (as you know) and I just wanted to show my face ;)

But I wanted to tease you, because no matter if we had confirmation from Wizards or not, we both knew what protection from everything means. It has always always always meant the three things I said before. That is written in the rules

Please do not take it personal ;)

Mythrandir

Quote from: Kassow-Rossing on 01-04-2009, 10:03:18 PM
Sorry :) I'm new in here (as you know) and I just wanted to show my face ;)

But I wanted to tease you, because no matter if we had confirmation from Wizards or not, we both knew what protection from everything means. It has always always always meant the three things I said before. That is written in the rules

Please do not take it personal ;)

Didn't take it personal.. but we had this card spoiled before there were any confirmation on the protection from everything, so speculation was plentiful (on many forums)...

It's good that you're trying to participate, but it's bad since you revive old topics, and dont add anything useful ;)