Main Menu

Rumored Conflux card

Started by grizzledmage, 07-01-2009, 03:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grizzledmage

So, as usual in the weeks before the release of a new set, I have been following the spoiler sites, and one of the rumored new cards might be:

Bone Saw (0)
Artifact-Equipment
Common
Equip 1. Equipped creature gets +1/+0

If true, this is obviously the "opposite" of Shuko, which is clearly a better card and which sees some play in some HL decks. Even though Bone Saw (if it exists) might not be as good (have to pay (1) every time you equip), do you believe it could be playable in those same decks that run Shuko?

Mythrandir

well, i think shuko is better, unless you´re playing in a affinity deck and need the 0 CMC on the table. There are some very interesting cards coming out ;)

BTW, the orb is up on wotc.

grizzledmage

Quote from: Mythrandir on 07-01-2009, 06:57:19 PM
well, i think shuko is better, unless you´re playing in a affinity deck and need the 0 CMC on the table.

I don't believe that there's much of a debate that shuko is better, and I hear what you're saying about an affinity deck (which would be interested in most of the 0cc artifacts).... I guess the question is, do you believe Bone Saw could be playable in HL, in addition to shuko (in other words as a second card to do similar work)?

Quote from: Mythrandir on 07-01-2009, 06:57:19 PMThere are some very interesting cards coming out ;)

BTW, the orb is up on wotc.

Indeed. The ones (from mtgsalvation.com) that I see that look like they might be promising are Lapse of Certainty (Memory Lapse for white), Path to Exile!!, Volcanic Fallout, Rupture Spire.

Mythrandir

QuoteI don't believe that there's much of a debate that shuko is better, and I hear what you're saying about an affinity deck (which would be interested in most of the 0cc artifacts).... I guess the question is, do you believe Bone Saw could be playable in HL, in addition to shuko (in other words as a second card to do similar work)?

I´m not a very good aggro builder.. but i think there is far better equipment than that one, i could be wrong of course. I might even see some play with that esperzoa (another goodie)

QuoteIndeed. The ones (from mtgsalvation.com) that I see that look like they might be promising are Lapse of Certainty (Memory Lapse for white), Path to Exile!!, Volcanic Fallout, Rupture Spire.

And other goodies ;) but yes, those will probably see play, specially the lapse and the new STP.

Nastaboi

Volcanic Fallout is playable but unimpressive. Path to Exile is obviously great, and so is Noble Hierarch. Martial Coup is a game-winner. The rest of mentioned cards are crap.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Mythrandir

Quote from: Nastaboi on 07-01-2009, 10:28:03 PM
Volcanic Fallout is playable but unimpressive. Path to Exile is obviously great, and so is Noble Hierarch. Martial Coup is a game-winner. The rest of mentioned cards are crap.

volcanic is meh.. RR seems bad too me, but, yes is playable.

Path to exile and noble are really good

Lapse of certainy is quite good... holding off a wog (even for a turn) in WW seems nice.

Also i would like to test shard convergence.. nice mana fixe/deck thinner

There is still a lot of cards to be spoiled/previewd. Must of what we have now is limited fodder.