Main Menu

UGwb kind of aggro-control

Started by eev, 04-12-2008, 04:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eev

Hi all.
i know there are some other threads about similiar decks and i took a look on them.
However the point is that this deck was builded from scratch after seeing survival ug agro control and after that the addition of two colors and cards was done without looking at other lists. i mean HL should be fun, and playing cards u like is fun. :) however at this point i see some problems with this deck in therms of consistency and maybe clock. Maybe someone is being so kind and would give me some advices to improve the deck without big changes? or this is not possible and i should switch to agro-control UGw builds or UGwb control? dont want to change a lot of things mostly because majority of cards are foils and it was pretty hard to trade many of them and this deck is not for tournaments or something like that. thanks in advance.

//Lands
2 Swamp
4 Island
Plains
3 Forest
Bayou
Breeding Pool
City of Brass
Gemstone Mine
Godless Shrine
Hallowed Fountain
Llanowar Wastes
Lonely Sandbar
Mishra's Factory
Mountain Valley
Overgrown Tomb
Pendelhaven
Polluted Delta
Reflecting Pool
Rishadan Port
Savannah
Scrubland
Temple Garden
Tolaria West
Tranquil Thicket
Treetop Village
Tropical Island
Vault of Whispers
Wasteland
Watery Grave
Windswept Heath
Wooded Foothills

//Creatures
Basking Rootwalla
Birds of Paradise
Blastoderm
Bone Shredder
Chameleon Colossus
Doran, the Siege Tower
Eternal Dragon
Eternal Witness
Exalted Angel
Garruk Wildspeaker
Genesis
Hermit Druid
Karmic Guide
Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
Kokusho, the Evening Star
Llanowar Elves
Looter il-Kor
Loxodon Hierarch
Man-o'-War
Merfolk Looter
Mulldrifter
Mystic Enforcer
Mystic Snake
Nantuko Vigilante
Psychatog
Reveillark
Sakura-Tribe Elder
Serendib Efreet
Sower of Temptation
Tarmogoyf
Tombstalker
Trinket Mage
Troll Ascetic
Trygon Predator
Wall of Roots
Wild Mongrel
Wonder

//Spells
Brainstorm
Call of the Herd
Counterspell
Decree of Justice
Deep Analysis
Demonic Tutor
Dissipate
Dromar's Charm
Enlightened Tutor
Fact or Fiction
Gifts Ungiven
Impulse
Krosan Grip
Life from the Loam
Life/Death
Mortify
Pernicious Deed
Ponder
Scrabbling Claws
Sensei's Divining Top
Smother
Survival of the Fittest
Swords to Plowshares
Unearth
Vindicate
Voidslime

i am thinking about including also Vendetta and Recurring Nightmare to this list. However dont for which cards i should exchange them. Also after removing damnation because of BB in costs i think about engeniiring explosives like option. Mana base is without Tundra and Underground Sea because i dont own them. 10 basics are included mostly because without this ammount deck has auto-loose vs decks which support Moon or Back to basics.

Mythrandir

well, first i think u should add squee, squee is just too powerful with surival.
Recurring nightmare is quite good in these decks, you should also think of: necromancy, animate dead.

You only play 4 counters, have u consider adding more or removing them? (remand, mana leak, dont know if u can get UU easily on 2nd and 3rd turn, so..)

well i would cut these:

- kira  great glass spinner
- nantuko vigilante
- tomb stalker
- life/death
- smother
- unearth

would add:
- crop rotation
- volrath stronghold
- intuition
- squee
- putrefy
- necromancy/animate dead
- recurring nightmare
- shriekmaw

but it depends a bit on your meta. if u have trouble with your mana base, just add mana fixers (artifacts or things like farseek, green has lots of them)

Overall it looks quite good.

eev

Mythrandir
tnx for your reply.
i would like to defend Kira, as being very good creature always, she is defenetly better in the game than it looks like. Unearth is just back Tarmo, Kira, Witness or Mongrel and with cycling it's always good. smother is also solid removal. But i will take in account Stalker, Vigilante and Life//Death and will test deck without them. Vigiliante is great card but somehow it's always a bit slow. I was thinking about necromancy to, if i will grab a copy i will try.
I tryed to play with more counters like Mana Leak, Remand but now testing without them and dunno really what is better. I will try to add them instead of things u suggested and test it again. However i agree that 4 counters is too random.
And what u think about adding Vendetta? never played this card, on paper it looks solid but in real life it can perform different.

Mythrandir

no prob. :)

As for vendetta i think its good in aggro decks that need quick cheap answers.. but since u play a non-linear aggro i ´d go with shriekmaw or putrefy.

I think that necromancy or animate is better than unearth just because u can target your opponent´s grave.