Main Menu

Mythic rare

Started by Mythrandir, 04-10-2008, 04:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mythrandir

I was wondering what your opinions are concerning this new rarity.

I think that its a bit to soon to say, but in terms of prices, [ALA] didnt bring any mythic bomb (perhaps except Sarkhan vol; And lich mirror and tezzeret if anyone breaks them).

In Portugal, at online MTG stores we have sarkhan at 35â,¬, emyprial angel and lich mirror at 6â,¬, tezzeret at 19â,¬ and overlord at 10â,¬. so with the exception of sarkhan (which is also a timmy card because of the dragons) i think the cards are in "normal" range of prices.

My only concern is if someone "breaks" (without having the need to ban it) some mythic rare or if wotc in the next sets makes a stupid mythic like the tarmagoyf, which was underrated when it came out (even by wotc), and suddenly we have a 3/4â,¬ (like goyf) to a 33â,¬ (price of goyf in the store) or even higher, of course.

pyyhttu

Sarkhan Vol is an overpriced piece of shit atm., both competetive standard and especially casual highlander wise.

In overall my take on mythic rares haven't changed.

WotC screws it up at some point, they always do when it comes to valuating card power - Mythic rare only  strengthens the effect on secondary market when it hits on a tournament staple.

P.S. Break not brake

Mythrandir

Quote from: pyyhttu on 05-10-2008, 03:34:48 PM

WotC screws it up at some point, they always do when it comes to valuating card power - Mythic rare only  strengthens the effect on secondary market when it hits on a tournament staple.

my point exactly, they are bound to make an error and design a card like tarmogoyf. they should restrict mythic rares to big CMC spells and fatties with lots of colors in the casting cost, in order to prevent every deck to run 4x of them..