Main Menu

Finnish Highlander Champs 2017 - Poromagia, Helsinki 5.8.2017

Started by Prote, 30-03-2017, 02:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prote

Hello all fellow Highlander enthusiasts!

I want to share with you the Finnish Highlander Champs 2017 held at Poromagia in Helsinki, 5th of August. Format is German Highlander.

It is still four months until the event but I wanted to share it well beforehand if some of you want to join Finnish Highlander players in competition and share some beers during the summer! Also letting everyone know early, it might be easier to plan a trip to Finland for those interested :)

The best way to travel to Finland from most of the countries is by plane to Helsinki-Vantaa Airport (HEL). You can take a communal train from the Airport to the city which costs 5,5 euros and takes about 30 minutes. You can ask tips for accommodation etc by replying to this post!

How to register for the Finnish Highlander Champs 2017?

Most of the page is in Finnish but the registration process is not difficult:
1. Go to https://poromagia.com/en/
1. Register as a customer for Poromagia from the top left corner of the page
2. After registering, go to events and find "Highlander Champs 2017" or follow the link in this post (https://poromagia.com/en/events/1582/)
3. Under description (kuvaus) there's registeration (ilmoittautuminen) for the tournament with four fields:
- First field should show your name if you are logged in and a yellow button which you can use to change the account you have logged in with
- Second field you input the name of the player participating the tournament (usually your own name)
- Third field lets you select if you want to pay in advance with store credits. Default is "not paying in advance"
- Fourth field lets you input a message / DCI number. I recommend inputting your DCI number which helps the tournament organizer to register you in WER and reduces the hassle in the tournament morning
- Green button lets you register for the tournament and your name will show up on the participation list on the right!

I hope we will see at least some of you at the Highlander Champs 2017!

BR, Erkka Jouste

Georg B

To the finnish Highlanders around: I am thinking about attending the tournament ans visiting Helsinki with a friend. Do you think it would be possible to find someone to share a couch for a night or two?