Main Menu

[HLL] Scoreboard / Schedule- Season XXIX

Started by hitman, 13-02-2017, 11:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4nd0m1

Quote from: Vazdru on 08-03-2017, 02:49:51 PM
r4nd0m (Academy.dec) 2 - Payron (4c Scapeshift) 0

report follows  

Payron wins the roll and we both take a free mulligan. He starts with Treetop Village, Forest, Nature's Lore, Preordain versus my Land, Chrome Mox, Mind Stone and Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, making tapped Ancient Den into a 5/5.

He attacks Tezz to death and plays Maze of Ith. I can deploy Crucible of Worlds and Hedron Archive, as he ramps and attacks some more. I crack Archive eot and manage to draw Upheaval, 2 Time Warp and Fabricate, which finds Expedition Map and Academy. He has Izzet Charm, which counters my first Time Warp.

On my following turn I can resolve Upheaval with 4 mana floating, giving me some time. A topdecked Timetwister AND Memory Jar give me Pore Over Pages and Sylvan Scrying for Inventor's Fair. He cannot stop his manaflood and concedes.

Game 2 I can keep Tezzeret the Seeker, Tainted Pact, Mindstone, Mossfire Egg, 3 lands, while Payron takes a free mulligan and keeps Treetop, Island, Swamp, TNN, Venser, Mystical Tutor and Maze of Ith. He draws Snapcaster while I draw Brainstorm, as he plays Mystical for Cultivate.

I play a Fetchland and end of his turn, Brainstorm finds me Inventor's Fair and Talisman of Impulse, and Tainted Pact exiles Mindslaver before finding  Sylvan Scrying. Sacrificing Mossfire Egg and Sylvan Scrying elicits Venser, but my Talisman gives me another green mana and Academy, with Tezzeret and Crop Rotation in hand.

On his next Upkeep, he plays Snapcaster for Mystical for Force of Will and attacks me to 14 with Treetop and Venser, presenting a 2 turn clock with counterbackup.

I draw Mishra's Workshop and start with Crop Rotation for Deserted Temple (3 artifacts in play) to play Tezzeret (Force) and leave open Inventor's Fair activation. With Mindslaver already removed, my options are limited. Rings of Brightheart would have given me infinite mana and 3 draws from Mind Stone and Shadowblood Egg, but Memory Jar with 9 mana floating is better.

I draw Basalt Monolith, crack Jar and find and play  Mox Diamond, Fellwar Stone, Crucible, Capture of Jingzhou and Fabricate for Rings of Brighthearth.

Next turn, infinite mana and Inventor's Fair find me Hedron Archive and Scroll Rack and with the cards I draw a Temporal Manipulation and Academy Ruins to go infinite with Memory Jar and a cantrip artifact.

ggs

Vazdru

pmk (Jund Midrange) 2 - Iulus (Gr Cradlehoof) 1

Silberhase (Academy.dec) 2 - phinp (Grixis Control) 0 

reports follow
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Silberhase

Silberhase (Academy.dec) 2 - phinp (Grixis Control) 0

Game 1:

I kept after free mull a risky hand with no lands but Chrome Mox, Mox Opal,GW Talisman, Ponder, Hedron Archive, Trinket Mage and Tezzeret. My Opp also free mulled and kept Island, BG Fetch, BS, Duress, Flipjace, Splintertwin and Chandra, Torch of Defiance.

He started with Island go.I topdecked deserted temple, imprinted Trinket Mage into Chrome Mox and also played Talisman and Mox opal, but kept ponder in hand. He played BS with fetch into Badlands + Duress and discarded me Tezzeret. I drew Preordain and played Hedron Archive. He missed his 3rd Land and played only Jace. I got Ancient Tomb now and pondered into Toxic to kill jace. Now he played Thing in the Ice. In the Next turns I looked deeper into my deck with my cantrips (also got preordain and snapi into BS) and finally i got trophy mage into rings and tolaria west, so my plan was to get rings combo online. Unfortunatly he played eot Lightning Bolt my Trophy Mage and MYstical into Thoughtseize and ripped my Rings with that. He also played Treasure Cruise, so Thing in the Ice got flipped and put me onto preasure, but still hasn't found 3rd land. Now i topdecked map and I could play my Snapcaster again into Ponder but found nothing good but i could use my map for wasteland to screw him out completely. Now his chance was only on Thing in the Ice, but Snapcaster gave me one more round. On my turn I transmuted tolaria into academy, made me a couple of mana and saced Archive for two cards. There I found Regrowth which gave me trophy mage back an tutored Staff of Domination. He topdecked Tec Edge, but I only had three Lands so he couldn't use it against my academy. Finally I got Grim Monolith into Power Artifact online.

Game 2:

I kept a semi good hand with Forest, Map, Ancient Tomb, City of Traitors, Time Twister, Regrowth and Pore Over the Pages. He kept Lacaclaw Reaches, Volcanic Island, Gitaxian Probe, Sinkhole, Mana Drain, Mana Leak and Clique.

Turn 1 He play Probe and Reaches and Me Forest and Map, Turn 2 he Volcanic and Me my topdecked Tropical Island. Again he missed 3rd land. In case I had no artifacts beside map i choosed to tutor wasteland to screw him down again. With Regrowth I could use my Wasteland again for his 2nd land and he saw no more lands for the rest of the game. At least i comboed out with paradox engine.

Thanks for the games.

hitman

TaZi

Vazdru

Quote from: TaZi on 12-03-2017, 11:07:36 AM
TaZi 2-0 Georg B

I uploaded a commented version of the games on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETTh7ZgjRAY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxNx3wjea8o

In g2 he has to try at least Tasigur (3 mana + 3 delvecards) after he played Sylvan Library, not to use his mana in this situation must be a fault anytime.
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Silberhase (Academy.dec) vs Vazdru (UGb Time Walk)

g1: i won the roll and took a free mull, he went down to 6 with one land, Expedition Map, Scrabling Claws, I play T1 Noble Hierarch into T2 Jace, Vryn Prodigy into T3 Jace, Architect, T4 suspend Ancestral Visions while he can't find the second land so he conceded

g2_1: we both kept, he had a decent start till he used the wrong hotkey and conceded accidentally T3 ...  :P i offered another g2

g2_2: he keeps Academy, City of Traitors, Chrome Mox, Transmute Artifact, Trail of Evidence, Memory Jar and Toxic Deluge while I've had Overgrown Tomb, Underground Sea, Wild Growth, Wasteland, Courser, DTT and Mystical Teachings
T1 Silberhase: Academy
T1: Wasteland -> Academy
T2 Silberhase: City of Traitors, Grim Monolith
T2: Overgrown Tomb, Wild Growth
T3 Silberhase: Memory Jar
T3: Courser
T4 Silberhase: Chrome Mox (Trail), go
T4: Underground Sea, go - eot he tries Thirst, I play Mystical and FoW (pith Temporal Mastery)
T5 Silberhase: he cracks Memory Jar, Demonic for Fastbond
T5: I have Titania -> Wasteland
T6 Silberhase: he has Toxi Deluge
T6: Yavimaya Elder
T6 Silberhase: he has Transmute Artifact, Cruicible -> Academy + Inventors' Fair and combos for Infinite Life + Mana

g3:
T1: Forest, Llanowar Elves
T1 Silberhase: Tree of Tales, Candelabra
T2: Forest, Utopia Sprawl (U), Attack for 1
T2 Silberhase: City of Traitors, Talisman, Coalition Relic (5 Mana !)
T3: Bayou, Nissa Worldwaker !!
T3: Silberhase: Ponder, Transmute Tolaria West into Tolaria Academy !!, Snapcaster (Ponder), Demonic Tutor (Yawgmoth's Will), Timetwister in hand but tapped out, Combo-Kill next turn?!

T4: Breeding Pool for the win...the whole story..

Tap 4 Forests (2U, 3G), Untap 4 Forests -> Temporal Manipulation, Play Jace Architect -2 (Land + Finks over Thragtus)
extra turn 1: Temporal Mastery from the top, play Finks, play land, 4/4 land, attack for 5
extra turn 2: 4/4 land, attack with 2x 4/4, finks play Capture of Jinghzou for extra turn 3 and the win

ggs! I was quite lucky in that crazy g3
1:2
Far below the earth

Iulus

Iulus Gr-CradleHoof 2
phinp Grixis-Twin 0

Game 1: I have 2 lands, Devoted Druid, Wood Elfes, Garruk Wildspeaker, Xenagos and Nissa Worldwaker. He is flooded and when he tries Tectonic Edge I have Crop Rotation. Garruk and Xenagos entered the battlefield. Garruk overruns with 4 creatures for the win.

Game 2: I have Forest, Thespian Stage, Llanowar Elves, Fierce Empath, Scavening Ooze, Syrb Ranger and Garruk Wildspeaker. I find Dark Depths with Sylvan Scrying and win with Marit Lage.

derStefan82

derStefan82 BUG Combo-Control vs GeorgB 4C Blood 2:1

Game 1:

I mulligan a hand with Will, Beast Within, Probe, Forest, Wasteland, Mystic Confluence (no Blue, to slow) into
Scalding Tarn, Snow Island, Wooded Foothills, Personal Tutor, Crop Rotation, Mental Misstep, Swan Song (T3 Oath with Counterbackup seems good against Blood)

Me:    Personal for Demonic
Georg: Treetop Village
Me:    Demonic for Oath
Georg: Thoughtseize which gets misstepped
Me:    Oath
Georg: Attackes with Treetop
Me:    nothing + miss landdrop
Georg: Attackes with Treetop + EOT me playing Crop rotation for Orchard and creating a Token
Me:    Oath trigger for Rune-Scarred search for Wasteland (keep Dragon Breath in grave to hit next turn for >20 with Emrakul), Waste his Treetop (might be wrong here but thought I keep him of 4 mana potentially)
Georg: Demonic Tutor countered by my Negate
Me:    I unfortunely miss that he tapped his Karakas for DT and only see it after jumping into Draw step so I basically give him another turn
       Dredge Loam to get rid of Karakas + Attack with Demon which gets sworded (I'm ok with it)
Georg: He plays two Sylvans (Library and Caryatid) both of them no danger for me (still have 2 counters in hand)
Me:    Winning with Oath into Emrakul + Dragon Breath him on 15 Life

Game 2:
I mulligan to 5 as I'm only finding pretty controlly hands before into Marsh Flats, Emrakul, Misstep, Watery Grave, Demonic.
I'm pretty much all in on the DT but give it a try.

Georg: starts with Land elf, unfortunely as I'm still thinking about my mulligan I type ok before realizing that I want to misstep it
Me:    tapped Grave
Georg: Karakas Sword of Fire and Ice
Me:    Fastbond + 2 Lands + DT for Oath
Georg: Attaching Sword and hidding for 5 and extra card
Me:    Playing Oath
Georg: Drawing Abrupt Decay for my Oath
Me:    loosing against Elf with Sword

Game 3:
I draw a brutal first hand with Fastbond, Oath, Impulse, Downfall, Thespian Stage, Island, and Tropical

Me:    Tropical, Fastbond, Thespian, Island
Georg: Savannah + Elf, me EOT Impulse into Spell Pierce (yes! protection)
Me:    Oath with Spell Pierce mana open
Georg: Treetop + go
Me:    Oath trigger into Emrakul, draw Spell snare, Sylvan Scrying into Dark Depth in case he can handle both Emrakul and Oath + Countermana, George EOT Call which gets snared
Georg: concedes

Thanks for games and talk.

Vazdru

Larry (Esper Helm-Combo-Control) vs pmk (Jund-Aggro)

2-1

report follows
Far below the earth

TaZi

Larry

Larry (Esper Control) 2 - pmk (Jund midrange) 1

Game 1

I won the roll and we both kept our Hand

My hand: Preordain, Ponder, Creeping Tar Pit, Wasteland, Scrub land, Jace the Mindsculptor

pmk kept a one land hand, with Llanowar, Bayou, Thoughtseize

Me: creeping Tar Pit
pmk: Bayou, Llanowar
Me: Ponder, Island, Preordain
pmk: Thoughtseize and took my Jace
Me: Wastes Bayou after he missed a Landdrop
pmk: attack, pass
Me: Scrubland Pass
pmk: attack Pass, Me eot Noxious Revival on Jace, pmk discards Terminate
Me: Jace + took an arid mesa on bot (he still has one Land)
pmk: Fetch on Badland, Grim Flayer
Me: Jace 0, Scalding Tarn, Black Zenith for 2
pmk: Rootbound Crag, Pass
Me: Sorin Lord of In, pmk eot Price of Progress --> Me :Spell Pierce
pmk: Kolaghans command (disc, Grim to hand) Me: Discard Cryptic
Me: Narset Transcendent
pmk: Grim Flayer
Me: Terminus Miracle, Narset - ,Dig through time (with rebound), Duress
pmk: Concedes

Game 2

We both kept again

pmk: Verdant catacombs fetch Taiga, Elvish Mystic
me: Hallowed Fountain untapped, Preordain  (18)
pmk: Swamp, Duskwatch Recruiter, Bloodhall Ooze
me: Pass
pmk: Flip Recruiter, Counter on Ooze, Plluted fetch Badland, Hellrider, attack for 9 and Hellrider trigger 4 times
me: (5) Deluge with 3 (2)
pmk: Burst Lightning

Game 3

pmk took a free Mulligan, and then kept one land hand
I kept my hand

Me: Godless shrine tapped
pmk: Windswept Heath fetch Bayou, Inquisition --> Me: Mental Misstep
Me: Fetchland, Pass
pmk: Elvish Mystic --> Me: Mana Leak
Me: Hallowed Fountain tapped, Pass
pmk: Thoughtseize chose Treasure cruise, saw sphinx Rev + Lands
Me: Kor Haven, Pass
pmk: Pass
Me: Land, Pass
Me: pass
pmk: Tasigur Delve 5 --> Me: Daze
Me: Fetch Underground Sea, Hymn into Bitterblossom and Burst Lightning
Me: Helm of Obidience
pmk: Arbor Elf
Me: Demonic on Rest in Piece, Win

Thanks for the games

firestarter

Firestarter - Payron 2-1

Game 1 I had a lot of Artifact Lands and Crop Rotation against Jace, Vryn´s Prodigy and Force of Will. I draw no accelleration and he countered a bit. Mystical took his Scapeshift.
Game 2 I had a super fast hand with 2 moxes and Candelabra, he had a slow hand. In turn 3 I played Winter Orb, Demonic and went into Time Spiral. He gave up when I walked and had Tainted Pact.
Game 3 I had 2 Artifact Lands and Rings of Brighthearth. In Turn 2 He played Farseek and I wasted 2 Lands.
I played Sylvan Scrying, which got countered, but Crop Rotation gave me deserted Temple and I could go of and kill him with Stroke of Genius.
Good Games!

TaZi

I finally found the time to comment my games. The first game was quite long and the replay wasn't saved. In the end I conceded as randoms win was probable and I ran out of time. I made 2 videos of the other two games:

https://youtu.be/Dr7RJbnMEp0
https://youtu.be/bPZTzt2hW0E

hitman