Started by Vazdru, 02-10-2016, 09:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

reports & replays of season XXVIII matches

have some fun!
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

TaZi

TaZi 2-0 GoblinPiledriver

Game 1
=======
I take a free mulligan to keep a hand with mystical teaching, m tutor, skyshrouds claim, gitaxian probe and 3 lands. Jochen keeps 3 lands, goyf, anafenza, woodland wanderer and liliana of the veil.
I win the die roll and start with the probe that draws a land. On my next turn, I draw fire/ice which taps a land, so that the goyf is delayed for a round. Round three I play the drawn Jace, Vryn's Prodigy to force jochen to play liliana which delays a beater for another turn. Turn four its time for skyshrouds claim and a Jochen still found no disruption, I can just tutor for Scapeshift with mystical tutor two turns later.

Game 2
=======
Jochen starts with a hand containing elspeth, arc trail, path to exile, lotus cobra, eladamris recall and 2 lands. I keep 4 lands, including wasteland, chain lightning, eternal witness and true name nemesis and think of fighting conventional with this hand.
When Jochen starts with a mere bayou without an elf and I draw farseek, I thought to give it a shot and wasted his bayou. He played a treetop village from the top. On the turn after that, he tries a lotus cobra. I'm not sure, how my plan worked to far, so I use my chain lightning to kill the cobra and suspend a search for tomorrow.
On his fourth turn, he casts eladamris call for a bird and doesn't play another land. At this point I knew that I had a good chance in this game. I played my true name and planned to witness for wasteland on the next turn. He played his bird and I got lucky with a topdecked bolt that would have killed the bird if Jochen hadn't pathed him in response. While wasteland took out his treetop and the nemesis started the beating.
Jochen drew two consecutive lands and was able to play kitchen finks and woodland wanderer. However I fetched a mystic confluence with my merchant scroll and played a goyf which sealed the game two turn later.

Vazdru

derStefan82 (WW-Humans) - Vazdru (4c Blood)

1st: He won the roll and starts with following 6: Plains, Sea Gate Wreckage, Counsil's Lieutnant, Ethersworn Canonist, Spear of Heliod and Mangara of Corondor.  I've had Godless Shrine, Stirring Wildwood, Birds, Dark Confidant, Curser of Kruphix, Demonic Tutor, Swords to Plowshares which I've kept after a free mull. Fortunatly I've had Overgrown Tomb from the top for Birds T1 and T2 Curser while he played Lieutnant. When he plays Mangara T3 I've already had Lili + Swords of Plowshares to clean the board. He had T4 Ranger of Eaos for Mother of Runes + Student of Wayfare. I used T4 Demonic Tutor for Zealous Persecution which I played in the right moment for a concession.

2nd: He kept again only 6 -quite reactive- cards: 2 lands, Mental Misstep, Mana Tithe, Containment Priest, Leonin Relic-Warder. Misstep was used for my T1 Elf, Mana Tithe for my T2 Lotus Cobra, T3 I've played Hymn to Tourach which left him with a single Containment Priest on board against my hand of Tarmogoyf, Treetop Village, Shriekmaw, Loxodon Smiter.

0:2
Far below the earth

Iulus

Iulus Gr-Devotion 2
Kodobeast Sultai 0

Game 1: I have 3 lands, Rofellos, Devoted Druid and Polukranos. He stuck on 2 lands for a while. Tireless Tracker makes some clues and Garruk Wildspeaker + Nylea, God of the Hunt stuck. He is able to sweep the board with damnation but can't handle Garruk + Nylea on the long run.

Game 2: I have 3 lands, Arbor Elf, Eternal Witness, Courser of Kruphix and Primeval Titan. Courser gives me some cardadvantage and Garruk Wildspeaker hit the board again. While he tries to find some answers for my threats I am able to cast Primeval Titan for Dark Depth and Thespian Stage. As he had only Tarmogoyf and Eternal Witness as blockers but no spot-removal for the Titan I can also get Gaea's Cradle + Kessig Wolfrun with next swing which was too much for him as board was already flooded with my creatures.

Vazdru

Piepser (RDW) 1 - Senshuken (Creatureless UW-Control) 2
Report follows
Far below the earth

Senshuken

Senshuken (UW Control) - Piepser (RDW) 2:1

Game 1: I keep a hand with Island, Plains, Brainstorm, Force Spike, Negate, Fact or Fiction and Humility. He keeps after the free mulligan and has turn one Monastery Swiftspear.
I can counter Flame Rift with Force Spike and draw Condemn for  his Swiftspear. A turn four Koth gets negated. Brainstorm finds a Wasteland for his Mishra's Factory. I stabilize at 8 life with Jace, Architect of Thought, Humility and with Mystical Tutor I find Enlightened Tutor for Rune of Protection: Red. We play several more turns from there and he eventually concedes.

Game 2: I mulligan to a hand consisting of Flooded Strand, Arid Mesa, Spell Snare, Back to Basics, Repeal and Preordain and keep Island on top of my library. He opens with Zurgo Bellstriker. I Snare the Eidolon of the Great Revel. I repeal Zurgo and find Swords to Plowshares for Kiln Fiend. I stay on three lands and with Moat in Hand and two Islands and one Plains I am forced to Negate Blood Moon to ensure my second white mana-producing land in time. He finds Shrine of Burning Rage and dashes Zurgo repeatedly. On the last turn of the game Shrine is at 6 counters, Piepser has one card in hand and I have 4 lands in play, 7 life and Blessed Alliance in hand. I decide to play Lat-Nam's Legacy to get rid of Back to Basics. I lose to his four damage spell Stoke the Flames plus Shrine for exact damage.

Game 3: I keep my opening hand with Misty Rainforest, Myriad Landscape, Force of Will, Brainstorm, Detention Sphere, Ponder and Enlightened Tutor. Piepser goes down to six and has to keep a very slow hand. I have turn three Rune of Protection: Red before he even casts his first spell of the game. With plenty of mana for Rune, 13 life and a full hand on my side, Piepser concedes.

Thanks for the games!

Payron

Vazdru (4c Blood) - Payron (Izzet Control)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzwGgH4Jhts

1-2

realy intense games!

I will try myself with a YouTube Video and this will be my first Version. I will post the link as report here

Senshuken

Senshuken (UW Control) - Iulus (Gr Ramp) 2:1

Game 1: After not liking my first seven cards I keep Tolaria West, Arid Mesa, Island, Ponder, Back to Basics, Mana Leak and Condemn. Iulus plays Fyndhorn Elves and Voyaging Satyr which attack for little damage for some turns. I counter the first planeswalker he plays and tutor for Mana Drain with Merchant Scroll. He commits Huntmaster of the Fells and Obstinate Baloth to the board because my Kor Haven prevents a lot of damage. Mystical Tutor gets Terminus to clear the board. After using my last counter on Garruk Wildspeaker I do not find a source of repeated card advantage and he finds more threats than I find answers.

Game 2: My opening Hand has four lands, Mana Drain, Path to Exile and Lat-Nam's Legacy. Iulus has Joraga Treespeaker. He tries to level it, but I draw Swords to Plowshares to deny the mana advantage. He only plays mana elves and finds Westvale Abbey and repeatedly makes Clerics. I destroy all with Day of Judgment. After having played Fact or Fiction he answers with Thrun, the Last Troll. Gideon Jura and Cryptic Command buy me a lot of time and draw steps. When he tries to awaken the Demon in Westvale Abbey I kill it with Path to Exile and have Blessed Alliance for Thrun. After a Terminus for Huntmaster of the Fells I find Jace Beleren to draw more cards. I tutor for Sphinx's Revelation and Iulus concedes shortly after Moat and Elspeth, Sun's Champion enter the battlefield.

Game 3: I keep three lands, Preordain, Remand, Rune of Protection: Red and Condemn. Iulus has a relatively slow start after a free mulligan and plays Scavenging Ooze on his second turn. I have Condescend for Xenagos. I draw Moat and wait until I have six mana to counter any answer he might have for it. He tries Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury and I respond with Remand. Meanwhile I get attacked by Birds of Paradise which get pumped by Kessig Wolf Run. I can answer all creatures by casting Mystical Tutor for Terminus and casting it thanks to Think Twice during his attack step. After that a resolved Jace, Architect of Thought finds a lot of cards. Eventually the combination of two Planeswalkers, Moat and Humility prompt a concession.

Thanks for the games.

K0d013e4st

K0d013e4st (BUG) - piepser (RDW)

2:1

G1:i won the roll and start with inquisition and took vortex.i also see a ruinationon in his hand and only had non basics on my hand without a counter.
      A turn 3 heros downfall kills his t2 Pyromancer.i played a 5/6 goyf which got double burned.One turn later his ruination hits 3 of my lands.i got a bit
      lucky and found some basics in my fresh resolved Library and could handle his new blood moon with my Golgari Charm.
       The next turns i add TNN,finks,ooze and glen elendra which was enough
G2:he had a good curve (lavamancer,ash zealot,scab-clan berserker,) paired with removal into Rabblemaster which i cant handle
G3:i had double strix (unearth), deathrite shaman,finks and jace Vryn Prodigy and enough counter for his relevant spells

thx for the gg´s

derStefan82

derStefan82 (Hatebears) vs Tazi (Scapeshift) 2:1

will write the report during next days

thanks for games

TaZi

TaZi 2-1 lulus

Game 1
=======
I win the die roll and keep a hand with 3 lands, three visits, search for tomorrow, bolt and witness. Julius takes the free mulligan and keeps 2 forests, rofellos, quirion ranger, xenagos, thrun and acidic slime.
The game starts the obvious way with, search, ranger, three visits and rofellos who eats my bolt. (Preventing 8 mana on turn 3 o.O). On his fourth turn, Julius has a Thrun. I play Dig through time eot (finding force and a blue card) and a green zenith for Titania on my turn. I force xenagos and draw clutch of the undercity for the win.

Game 2
=======
Julius starts with Forest, Cradle, mana elf, ooze, acidic slime, kitchen finks and primal command. I keep 3 lands, mana leak, spell pierce, force and arc trail. He starts with his elf and follows with kitchen finks. I arc trail the finks and the mystic. I also find a chain lightning for the ooze. However I can't do anything against his mistcutter hydra for 2 and also draw lands for the next 5 turns. Eventually the critters kill me while still having 3 lands in hand. Maybe I could have survived longer by forcing the finks, but who knows.

Game 3
=======
I keep 3 lands (no UU) with drain, goyf, mystic confluence and scapeshift. Julius takes a free mull and starts with fetchland, cradle, thespian stage, birds, scryb ranger, decimator of provinces and nissa worldwaker. We play birds, goyf, scryb ranger <- mana drain. Then Julius resolves Nylea, god of the hunt and Nissa Worldwaker, which makes the thespian stage into a 4/4 guy. I decide to play my confluence, bouncing both creatures and kill the planeswalker with an atk from the goyf and my nissa. They get replayed on the next turn, but I bought enough time to play land nr. 7 and scapeshift for 18 damage.

Piepser

Piepser  2 - 1 derStefan82

Report follows

Payron

Vazdru

Goblinpiledriver (4c Blood) - K0d013e4st (BUG)

2:1

report follows
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 08-09-2016, 08:42:41 PM

The results and match-report of the last swiss round will be gathered by Dr. Opossum. She will publish the results as soon all results are available.

Higher Swiss Standing
chooses the starting player in g1 in play-offs.

scoreboard closed

if you wanna add a missing report of round 2 or 3 please send me the report via PM and I'll post it
Far below the earth