Started by Vazdru, 31-05-2016, 09:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

reports & replays of season XXVII matches

have some fun!
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Bat

Vazdru (UB Control) vs. Bat (UR Control) - 0:2

Game1:

I win the dice roll and draw my first 7. 2 fetch, Spell Pierce, Repeal, Jace Architect, Venser, Maze. Seeing the hand now... i dont like the keep. No Lands or cheap spells in the first 3 turns and im in no good shape.
Luckily he plays UB Control, so i have some time to see where this game is going.
I do nothing until turn 3, he starts with an Ancestral Vision and Ponder in turn 2. He stumbles on the Ponder, finds no lands and plays Maze of Ith on turn 3.
Sadly i cant pressure him really. But i can bounce his Vision with Venser.
The game goes on, Thoughtseize and Augur of Bolas gets countered. My Jace resolves and gets me new cards. Vendilion Clique puts away his Mystic Confluence. I drop my AV, he resolves Liliana who gets burned by Forked Bolt and Grim Lavamancer. I resolve a Jace TMS who lives until the end of game and draws a good amount of cards.
Finally i can drop a Hellkite. He is still at 15, so far only Lavamancer did real dmg because of his Maze. Now full swing with Venser, Lavamancer, Clique and Hellkite. Maze the Hellkite, hit for 6. He goes down to 9 and plays a Toxic Deluge for 5. I Play Mana Leak(which he nows i have) to make him tap out more. He then Mana Drains(which i know he has) my AV. So the way is clear for a hardcast Bonfire for 4 which ends the game.

Game 2:

My first hand sees no lands, and the free mulligan brings me 3 Lands, Snare, Bolt, Snapcaster and Dualcaster.
He again opens with AV. Only lands hit the board until his AV wants to resolve. My Dualcaster resolves, which i did not expect. Sadly i cant counter his AV.
His Inquisition takes my Blood Moon. (only nonbasics in his hand and 2 on the field)
He then plays Ashiok who reveals no creatures and gets eaten by the Mage and a Bolt.
I follow up with Spellskite but he plays a Toxic Deluge for 4, bringing him down to 16. My EOT Impulse gets countered by his daze.
So i can resolve the Hellkite which swings for 5, but then dies to a Heroes Downfall.
He starts attacking with Creeping Tar Pit and succeeds in countering my flashbacked bolt through Snapcaster Mage, taking me down to 12.
Clique Mainphase sees a land and Explosives in his hand, which he can keep. Tar Pit hits me down to 8. Explosives gets countered by Snare.
I can swing with Snapcaster and Clique bringing him down to 4. Rolling Earthquake X=4 wants to seal the game, his last attempt is a Mana Leak, which gets countered by my Mana Leak.

Thanks to Vazdru for the nice games! And i hope the report is not too long :>

TaZi

TaZi 2-0 derStefan82

Game 1
=======
He starts by thoughtseizing me taking mana leak from a hand, that also contained croprotation, TNN, 3 lands and sakura tribe elder. I play land and he has expedition map on his next turn. I cast the elder and sac it for blue, while he goes for Thespian stage with the map. My TNN is eaten by an innocent blood and nothing happens for like two turns. Then I draw vesuva and copy his stage, thinking, that when crop rotating for my DD he has no use for his Stage (which is wrong ^^). So, when I got my DD and want to make a token, he also makes a token and I'm a bit puzzled. Luckily I topdeck merchant scroll which gets countered but this is finally the task of a snapcaster I drew on my second turn after the Thoughtseize. I flashback the scroll for repeal and atk for the win.

Game 2
=======
He starts with expedition map and follows with an impulse. The map searches for Stage again which is played on turn 4 after tec edge hit the table on turn 3. I decided to play my clique at the end of his fourth turn which is maybe wrong, as he drops crucible in his mainphase. Nevertheless the clique starts a nice beatdown and I play kodamas reach and scyshrouds claim for additional basics. Meanwhile he also found DD and stage (one drawn and one with the map) which is a problem in the long run. At the moment I still have mystical teachings which find repeal again and save my ass once. The second attempt for a token comes faster as he found fastbond, but I still have multiple ways to delay the token and win the race with the clique.

Piepser

Piepser 2 - 0 Silberhase
Elves         Rakdos Aggro

Unfortunately I missed to save our games.

Therefore I describe what I remeber.

Game 1:
He had to Mulligan down to 6 and started the game. I Just can say, that I had a Hivemaster on Turn 2. In the following Turns I always played an elf. Therefor I was faster than he was.

Game 2:
This game was pretty close. He started with t2 Keldon Marauders, followed by Volcanic Fallout on t3 (hitting my Manaelf and Rofellos)and Ball Lightnig on t4. Imperious Perfect on my side on t5 kept of his Flesh Reaver to attack me. After 2 or 3 Turns he attacked with Flash Reaver, Sin Prodder and a red Elemental from Koth. In this sitiuation I was on just 1 life. I had on my side one Elftoken, Imperius Perfect and another Elf, with 5 open lands. I played Chord of Calling for Deranged Hermit. He and the Tokens blocked the attacking creatures. In my next turn I drawed Reclamation Sage. Additionally I played Lightning Greaves from my Hand and attacked for lethal.

GG`s

olii

Olii (Jeskai Emrakul) vs Peddy_Frostulat (Big Red) 2:0

Game 1: Very fast start of Peddy with Ancient Tomb and Tons of Mana Stones. He landed Hangarback for 4 but I had Detention Sphere. Its all about if hes getting more Threats than I have counter. He has a Batterskull with so much mana that he can bounce it many times but Elspeth 1.0 can jumpblock and gets the emblem. After that some Tokens from Decree of Justice + Mishras Factory end the game.

Game 2: This was rather unspectacular. He has a good hand against counters but not the necessary mana. He Plays Mox Diamond + Land on his 1st. I play Gitaxian Probe and see Defense Grid, Coalition Relic, Koth. I decide to waste his Land (Dust Bowl). He is screwed and i ride the game home with Polymorph + Emrakul.

Payron

Maqi (4c Blood) - Payron (5c Oath Control)

first game: Maqui wins the role and starts.

(Maqi - Payron)

1: Treetop village tapped - Fetchland crack for Bayou playing Exploration and laying down the U/W Temple (scry stays on top: Taiga)
2: G/W Land (don t remember which one) casts Sylvan Libery - playing Brainstorm and playing Urborg + Maze of Ith
3: Tidehollow Skuller ("Damn and I wasted my BS"), but well I responded with Crop Rotaion on my Maze for Tropical Island, followed up with my Intuition (LFTL, Lonely Sandbar, Wasteland: I get LFTL obv vs skuller on the stack) I play Force of Will and exil Supreme Verdict. He plays Wasteland and passes - I start grinding with my Exploration and LFTL and destrying his lands.
4: He draws a card with Sylvan Libery plays fetchland for Plains and plays Vindicate targeting Exploration (Black mana supported from my Urborg). I do cycle my Sandbar in response, but just found a land - I dredged LFTL and started to slow role his manabase
5 ... 6 ... 7 ...
Well just loop my LFTL and he fuels up with his Libery, at some point he played Lingering Souls and I played Oath of the Druids as response. I even fetched an stupid Tabernacle so he could stop my Oath triggers by saccing everything, but in the end he conceded against this dream start.

Second game: Well he had an 1 Hander with Oath of Nissa which didn t showed him a land. I punished him with an Wasteland and found some turns later Mystical Tutor for LftL so he conceded.

Sorry for all the Land hate

0:2

dsck

Drop, I wont be part of this league in the foreseeable future. Thanks for all the opponents I played against past few years for good games.

dsck90 on cockatrice

olii

olii (Jeskai Emrakul) vs Piepser (Bug Elves) 2:1

G1: He seems kinda flooded - 1 Elvish Mystic on board and 4 lands. I counter his Imperious Perfect once with Remand and then with Mana Leak. Nahiri exiles his mystic. After some turns i was able to pull Emrakul with Nahiri into gg.

G2: Im screwed on 2 lands. He got Priest of Titania, Wirewood Herald, Elvish Visionary, Bramblewood Paragon and Fauna Shaman. I counter Imperious Perfect and Edric. He has a lethal Boardstate and I'm on 3 lands and 1 life. I play a Portent which showes me Supreme Verdict but I can't use it this turn.

G3: He has Elvish Mystic, Wirewood Hivemaster, Llanowar Elves and a Kicked Joraga Warcaller. On 13 life I cast Day of Judgement. After that some Elves hit the table followed by a Wrath of God. He uses Worldly Tutor into Whisperwood Elemental on his turn. I kill the Face down creature with Lightning Helix. On my turn I cast Timely Reinforcements and sac a token to Proteus Staff into Emrakul.

Vazdru

Silberhase (Rakdos-Aggro) vs Vazdru (Dimir-Control)

I've built my deck for beating combo-decks and was happy to play vs Silberhase. On the verge of our game I recognized he is playing Aggro this time what lower my pleasant anticipation, as I usually can't win aggro-matchups....as long I can't play Batterskull no later than T5.

Furthermore he won the roll.

G1: He kept: 3 fecth-lands, Rift Bolt, Incinerate, Smash to Smithereens, Kolaghan's Command and started with fetch Mountain + suspend Rift Bolt. I've had following first 7: Island, Karakas, Urborg, Hero's Downfall, Lili, Mystic Confluence and Batterskull - i pondered a while to take mulligan but decided to give that hand a try because of Batterskull. T1: Island, go. Silberhase T2: Riftbolt, Fetch, end of my turn burn me 14. My T2: Karakas, go. Silberhase T3: Ash Zealot, hit me to 12. My T3: Urborg, go. His T4 he played Abbot but can't find a forth land so he couldn't play Keldon Marauders, so I was able to cast Ash Zealot's Downfall followed by Lili T4 killing Abbot to clean the board. Furthermore I've alread fould 4th land and had Force Spike open which took care of Kolaghan's Command as he played cip land (Ghitu Encampment). When it came to my T5 I've had following hand: Mystic Confluence, Batterskull, Mana Drain, Mental Misstep and Glen Elendra + an active Lili, he had 2 Handcards and was tapped out. Lili let him discard Smash and I discarded Misstep and I've said go. He played Firecraft put me down to 8 and had Lightning Bolt in hand. I've drawn my 5th land and activated Lili, in repsonse he played Lightning Bolt, I 've had Mystic Confluence for Counter + 2 cards. He played Demonic Tutor but I've had FoW. Next turn I've had Batterskull and he conceded.

I've always had the perfect lucky answers in this one.

G2 showed how vulnerable I'am vs his deck. He had T1 Mountain + Firedrinker, me T1 Inquisition: Flesh Reaver, Spike Elemental, Lava Spike, Arc Trail + Taiga, i took Lava Spike as he had no black mana source. T2: Fetch Badlands, Flesh Reaver and attack me to 18. My turn 2: Thoughtseize Spike Elemental, Expedition Map, go. His T3: Taiga, Boggart Ram-Gang, attack for 9. gg.

G3: I keep: Bojuka Bog, Scalding Tarn, Swamp, Spell Snare, Into the Roil, Shadowmage, Batterskull. He had one-lander Blood Crypt, Burst Lightning, Bump in the Night, Chain of Plasma, Dark Confidant, Lava Spike, Ball Lighting.
Vazdru T1: Bojuka Bog, go
Silberhase T1: draw arid Mesa, fetch Mountain, Lava Spike 19:17
V T2: Scalding Tarn, to
S T2: Blood Crypt, go 17:17
V T3: Maze, go, eot Spell Snare his Searing Spear
S T3: Swamp + Confidant
V T4: Swamp + Infiltrator
S T4: Reveal Rift Bolt, Cast Chain of Plasma  to kill Infiltrator - i discard Into the Roil to Kill Confidant, he discard Ball Lighting, Suspend Rift Bolt 14:10
V T5: Preordain: Island + Jace Architect both to the bottom, draw Hymn, play Hymn, in response he plays his last card Burst Lightning
S T5: Rift-Bolt + Blood Moon 14:5
V T6: Batterskull
S T6: Unearth, Ball Lightning, I've had to block, 14:7
V T7: Bounce Batterskull
S T7: Zurgo Bellstriker: 14:5
V T8: Batterskull
S T8: Grim Lavamancer
V T9: Attack with Batterskull 9:10, Pyrexian Arena
S T9: Land go
V T10: Attack with Batterskull, Trinket Mage, EE

1:2

I was quite lucky in g1 + g3.
So I've lost my good match-up vs Izzet in R1 and won my bad match-up vs Rakdos-Aggro in R2.
Thanks for the ggs!
Far below the earth

Bat

Payron - Bat 1:2

G1:

He wins the dice roll. Only draw - land - go from both sides until i play Dack Fayden with FoW backup. Dack digs pretty deep, meanwhile the Pia and Kiran tokens start making damage. He misses a few landdrops. EoT i play Snapcaster -> Lightning Bolt, he taps out for DTT and my B2B seales the game.

G2:

Payron starts with t2 Sylvan Library, i suspended AV t1 but it will be too slow to make a difference in this game. His t3 is pretty good, paying 8 life into the Library. Land + Mox and resolves Oath of Druids. I allready have a Spellskite, so i play my TNN to get power on the Board. At this point i have Fiery Confluence and Bribery in my hand, and with the AV draws i maybe manage to pressure this throgh. Nope, TNN gets mana leaked. Oath burys ~40 Cards in his grave and he hits a Greenwarden of Murasa. One turn later he has all he needs and goes wild.

G3:

My first 7 cards are 5 lands so i take a free mull. Lavamancer, Ruination, Condescend, Mystical Tutor, Island, Mountain, Cascade Bluffs.
Sadly i only draw Steam Vents as a land for the next turns, so my Ruination does not look very good. He plays Enlightened Tutor EoT3 which i try to condescend, but he has FoW at the ready. Oath hits the field and i have to play my Ral Zarek to Bolt my Lavamancer. At this moment i dont have any answers to what might jump out of the Oath. I Mystical Tutor for Cryptic Command, he also has Mystical and searches Crop Rotation, which finds Wasteland and takes my Cascade Bluffs, Crucible of Worlds and my Steam Vents is also gone.
Here strikes a good portion of luck for me. I draw an Island, +1 on Ral and i resolve the Ruination which brings him down to 1 land, but he has the Crucible on the board. His hand is dry and he starts dredging with loam. I only have small creatures in my hand, and no answer to the Oath. Until i draw Venser which i flash in EoT and attack, bringing him down to 10. Ticking Ral to 7 and resolve Magus of the Moon and True-Name Nemesis. Too much to handle and the game is over.

Thanks for the nice games!

Iulus

Iulus with Green-Devotion 2
Peddy Frost with Big Red 1

Game 1: I have 2 lands, Mana Elf, Nissa and can flood the board till he plays Wildfire
Game 2: I have to mulligan to 6 but have Dark Depth Combo which he can't handle
Game 3: I have to mulligan to 6 again and started to build an army. His Koth kills Xenagos, my army takes Koth down. I play Huntmaster and have 5 creatures + Cradle. He plays Fiery Confluence to clear the board only Kitchen Finks left. I play Primalcrux 8/8 next which was enough.

GoblinPiledriver

GoblinPiledriver  (4C-Reanimator) vs Tazi  (Blue-Scapeshift)
Game1:
Turn 2 I played Tainted Pact for Oath of Druids, which resolved on my following turn. Tazi delayed my Oath trigger with Repeal Fire/Ice against theSpirit tokens till he Scapeshifted for 18 damage.

Game2:
I could play turn 2 Expedition Map for Bazaar of Baghdad turn 3 Reanimate for Rune-Scarred Demon while Tazi had Jace, Vryn's Prodigy outside. 2 turns later as he was tapped out I Zombify'd Dragonlord Atarka killing his Jace and had lethal damage on the Board. Tazi bounced the Dragon with Jace, the Mind Sculptor and played Fire/Ice on the Demon, I reanimated Thraximundar the same turn and he hasted to the win.

Game3:
Tazi played again turn 2 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy and I played Mulch but didn't find neither a land nor a creature. Next turn I didn't found a land again and my Demonic Tutor was countered by a Remand, then the following turn I found the third land but my Demonic Tutor was countered by a Mana Drain. On Tazi's turn he censored my hand with a Vendillion Clique and played Treasure Cruise. Then I topdecked a Moutain played Careful Study with Exhume on my Thraximundar which killed his Jace-Flipwalker and the Vendilion Clique. The next two turns Tazi didn't found Scapeshift even with the help of Izzet Charm and Electrolyze and I can assemble Rune-Scarred Demon next to the Thraximundar which searched Wasteland for his Maze.

Interesting in 2 games I had 2 Rune-Scarred Demon and 2 Thraximundar.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Vazdru

TaZi 2-1 Vazdru

Game 1
=======

Gerry starts playing a shadow of doubt to counter my first ramp spell. I have to force his true name nemesis which empties my hand almost. Any way I have no more counterspells and bribery gets primeval titan. This gets wasteland and manlands and quickly kills me.

Game 2
=======
Gerry mulls to 6 but has a good start with inquisition of kozilek and thoughtscour. He attempts snapcaster on inquisition which gets misscalculated. His fourth land is a maze of ith, so he can't immediately play his Glen Elendra Archmage or his venser. I topdeck jace which sticks and though my bring to light is discarded I'm confident that the TNN and Jace will win in the old fashioned way via beatdown and cardadvanteage. I topdeck scapeshift however and the game ends even faster this way.

Game 3
=======
I take a free mulligan and keep a shaky hand with 2 lands (making blue and red mana), yavimaya elder, crop rotation, remand, arc trail, electrolyze. Gerry starts fiercely with double discard (for remand and my new izzet charm) and wasteland leaving me with just an island. However I draw lands from the top and soon have yavimaya elder and skyshrouds claim resolved. While gerry is still on three lands. Then the game goes back and forth but we both have a lot of lands suddenly and my lifetotal decreases steadily. Eventually I topdeck mystical teachings, but have to wait another turn to play the mystical tutor for scapeshift. In this turn gerry plays bribery which hast o resolve, as I need mana to activate a manland to block. He takes witness to regrowth his mystical confluence. All in all he can't pay the spellpierce now and I know, that I will win the game from then on.

Far below the earth

Vazdru

TaZi and me played this match at kitchen table. The report is from him.

One addition to g3 which was insanely close:
At the he beginning i was able to screw him up to 1 Island and leave him with some uncastable spells but my Thing in the Ice was to slow to stress him much and furthermore he had Repeal for the Awoken Horror. In the end he was at 3 lp and had exatly the mana he needed for Upkeep -> Mystical Teachings, I try to counter with Mystic Confluence, one mana left, he had Spellpierce, plays Mystical Tutor, draws Scapeshift and taps his last 4 Mana (7-10) for the win  :o

My deck was built to beat Combo and Izzet and I've lost both ... mission failed  ::)
Far below the earth

Iulus

Iulus with Green-Devotion 2
Bat with Izzet-Control 0

Game 1: Wasteland took him out of the game for a while.  5/5 Mistcutter Hydra did the job.
Game 2: I have to mulligan to 6 and had Fetchland + Deathrite Shaman followed by Kitchen Finks on turn 2. My Treetop Village did most of the job till Blood Moon stopped it. Nissa, Voice of Zendikar revolved and started to add some Plant Tokens. Topdecked Primeval Titan stayed unanswered while he had Glen Elendra on the board. His army was able to get Titan down but I had Huntmaster + Mana Elf to return Vengevine which was enough to finish this game.