Main Menu

MKM Series Frankfurt

Started by Vazdru, 15-02-2016, 02:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

SIDE EVENT HIGHLANDER

Saturday, 14.05.2016
registration 09:00 - 10:00   
fee: EUR 20,00
price-pool: 75% of the entry fees will be cashed out in single cards. Additionally, the winner will receive 1 playmat. Prize table will be published immediately after registration. More info about the Highlander format on www.highlandermagic.info.
Far below the earth

Vazdru

update:

The entry fee to the venue & (artist) fair (15€ on-site per person) will be charged on Saturday and Sunday.
We decided to compensate this for players by lowering ALL Main Event fees to 15€ instead of the usual 30€ (yes, even those on Friday and Monday, which technically are not affected by the fair).

??? ::) ...ok, without me :)
Far below the earth

Kenshin

Do I understand that correctly? To enter the venue I have to pay 15€ and then I have to pay an additional 20€ to participate in the highlander side event? The 15€ will of course not be added to the prize pool.

Has inflation hit the TOs harder than I thought? Is this considered fair these days? Am I nuts if I think that this is actually insane?

mox-fanatic

I will not compete as well.

If you just attend to play Highlander you basically pay 35€ and only 15€ are added to the price pool. Really disappointing.

Side note: You are paying 65€ entry fee for a constructed GP these days.

Bat

As far as i understand, they have to limit the entry fees to 15€ to give €-vouchers out in prizes. German law and stuff... You can charge more than 15€ entry fee when you dont pay out cash or vouchers (which are cash in a specific way). So charging 30€ and pay out cards and goods is totally fine.
But when you pay out cash, your limit for the entry fees is 15€. All above is considered gambling and this is only allowed to the state.

Im not 100€ sure about this, so please correct me if im wrong.

Imo JK came up with a pretty neat way to charge "low" entry fees, but announce pretty high prices for the tournaments (~5000€ for the legacy tournament and ~6000€ for the modern tournament). So we have an event in germany which feels like a gp, without beeing a gp.

For the HL tournament it reads bad. I hope that they will count the players and add their entry fee for the venue to the prize pool. Otherwise it would be really expensive to play that side event :/

Vazdru

I phoned with Jens a few moments ago
he tries to fix this the next days, so the HL-Event will become more attractive than it is currently
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 02-04-2016, 01:07:54 AM
I phoned with Jens a few moments ago
he tries to fix this the next days, so the HL-Event will become more attractive than it is currently

he kept his word and fixed it

"Now we are talking about the highlander Side Event on Saturday 14th May, which is a very popular format in Germany.
There were many appeals to take the entrance fee to the venue into account here as well, which we couldn't accomodate at that time.
But with the pleasant development in the last weeks, we are happy to announce:

We will reduce the entry fee of this entertaining format to 5€ (instead of 20€)!

And this is not the end of it, the pricepayout will be (still) calculated from the combined entry fees, 5€ + 15€ = €20€!

That's what it will look like:

"75% of the entry fees will be cashed out in single cards (based on the combined entry fees of the tournament and the venue: 20€ per person!).
Additionally, the winner will receive 1 playmat. Prize table will be published immediately after registration.
More info about the Highlander format on www.highlandermagic.info."

Hope you find this enjoyable news!"

http://series.magiccardmarket.eu/mkm-series-frankfurt-2016/
Far below the earth

derStefan82

Vazdru

Far below the earth

derStefan82

Maqi