Started by Mythrandir, 15-08-2008, 03:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mythrandir

well, we´ve already got 1 card from the next expansion:

Hellkite Overlord
4BRRG
Creature - Dragon
Flying, trample, haste
R: Hellkite Overlord gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
BG: Regenerate Hellkite Overlord.
8/8

"The dragon has no pretense of compassion, no false mask of civilization -- just hunger, heat, and need."
- Sarkhan Vol

well.. not that good.. unless u drop it via oath/reanimation.. timmy card, me think. better than akroma in oath if u have 2 R available -> kills in 2 attack (if it doesnt get blocked..) but akroma has more protection.

BadAss Grandma

There is also a gold planeswalker on the homepage of starcitygames.com +1 to cause a permananet to not untap during untap phase, -2 to preety much do a lightning helix, and -7 to destroy all lands target player controls.  2RW to cast.

Mythrandir

Quote from: BadAss Grandma on 22-08-2008, 05:02:08 PM
There is also a gold planeswalker on the homepage of starcitygames.com +1 to cause a permananet to not untap during untap phase, -2 to preety much do a lightning helix, and -7 to destroy all lands target player controls.  2RW to cast.

i´ve just saw it. btw its the prerelase card. this looks cant interesting, its +1 doesnt seem that good, but the 2nd and 3rd are quite good. it comes with 3 loyalty counters.

Mythrandir

well, we have another Planeswalker spoiled:
Tezzeret the Seeker
3UU
Planeswalker - Tezzeret
+1: untap up to two target artifacts
-X Search your library for an artifact card with CMC X or less and put it into play. Shuffle your library.
-5: artifacts you control become 5/5 artiact creatures until EOT
Loaylty 4

well, this just screams to be abused. the 2nd ability can be used to fetch artifact land for no cost. it has a excellent first ability, and it comes with a nice finisher. only 4 artifacts to deal 20 damage (of course they have to pass). surely this will go into staxx decks.

any opinions?

pyyhttu

Quoteany opinions?

...And there was much rejoicing in the secondary market. This thought struck me at an interrupt speed when saw the card. To be perfectly honest, the thing people feared the most just came true.... a case rare appeared in the mystic slot, and it's only the third mystic we've seen. Remember when wotc claimed that it won't print chase rares in the mythic rare slot and would only fill that with non-tournament staples?

Ofcourse they meant sanctioned tournament play. BUT we all know how well wizards have predicted the metagame of that area as well in the past when designing cards (and then banning them).

Sooner or later someone finds a way to break this thing (or some later mystic shit) and we've got chase-rare-mystic-problem-case on our hands. Wizards screws it up at some point.

About the card: It's definetely playable in HL Staxx. It has all the synergy with various staxx builds and in the end it offers a straight kill condition. Power-level errated Time Vault won't be seen with this (at least I hope Vault gets banned before that) but several other staxx staples, like Phyrexian Furnace and various mana artifacts get heavily utilized.

Mythrandir

Quote from: pyyhttu on 03-09-2008, 11:01:27 PM
Quoteany opinions?

...And there was much rejoicing in the secondary market. This thought struck me at an interrupt speed when saw the card. To be perfectly honest, the thing people feared the most just came true.... a case rare appeared in the mystic slot, and it's only the third mystic we've seen. Remember when wotc claimed that it won't print chase rares in the mythic rare slot and would only fill that with non-tournament staples?

Ofcourse they meant sanctioned tournament play. BUT we all know how well wizards have predicted the metagame of that area as well in the past when designing cards (and then banning them).

Sooner or later someone finds a way to break this thing (or some later mystic shit) and we've got chase-rare-mystic-problem-case on our hands. Wizards screws it up at some point.

About the card: It's definetely playable in HL Staxx. It has all the synergy with various staxx builds and in the end it offers a straight kill condition. Power-level errated Time Vault won't be seen with this (at least I hope Vault gets banned before that) but several other staxx staples, like Phyrexian Furnace and various mana artifacts get heavily utilized.

i´ve thought of that too... but i mainly play HL, so even if i get this, it´s just 1 copy.. still cheaper that 4x goyf :S
but yeah, if this has its place in T2, extended or other sanctioned formats, it will be quite a rare-chase. mystic should always be Timmy cards, and even those later can become playable.
Tezzeret loves lotus bloom, gilded lotus. :P

Mythrandir

there were a lot of spoiled cards this days...
mana fixers: tri-color lands, fetchs, mana artifacts,
etc, etc i´m just going to talk about some of them:

Sarkan VOl 2RG
Planeswalker - Sarkhan 
+1: Creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain haste until end of turn.
-2: Gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn.
-6: Put five 4/4 red Dragon creature tokens with flying into play.
Loaylty 4

well.. i think wotc is doing some really bad with mythic rares.. =/ this quite powerful, and be probably see a lot of "i want ~this~". with those colors he can be plated very easily by turn 3, which means by turn 5 of have 20 damage on the table, if u happen to have another copy on your hand, it becomes 24 damage (with haste :P)
i think it can see some constructed play, as well as Timmy fans, who doesnt like dropping 5 dragons.. timmystatic. lol

as for HL this can work quite good in aggro decks. PW are a lot of pain in the *%%. i was hoping it was more control oriented, lets hope the last one is a bit more controllish...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Battle grace Angel 3WW
Creature - Angel 
Flying
Exalted (Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, it gains lifelink until end of turn.

4/4

well, despite the uproar from white weenies players, i like this card. it works quite well as a finisher for control oriented decks. even if u have more creatures, this is a 4/4 flyer, so not too shabby. and it´s always up to you to decide to attack with a single or more creatures. i´m gonna test this in my 5ccontrol.. i have brion currently, but i always think that that slot can be improved...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hindering light UW
Instant 
Counter target spell that targets you or a permanent you control.
Draw a card.

sweet. nice counterspell. good one for the skies because of the cantrip.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jund charm BRG
Instant 
Choose one - Remove target player's graveyard from the game; or Jund Charm deals 2 damage to each creature; or put 2 +1/+1 counters on target creature.

well, this looks quite good. RFG all grave is very important in HL, specially at instant speed, also the pyroclam at instant is qutie good too.. the third ability i would prefer if it were something else... the worst part is its cost.. not very attractive.

well, any comments? opinions?