Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XXVI

Started by Vazdru, 09-02-2016, 09:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payron

Payron

Peddy Frost (4c (w/o G) Midrange) vs Payron (4c (w/o W) Scapeshift)

1:3

Report follows

dsck

dsck UW(b) Control 3-0 TaZi 4c Blood

G1 I have bunch of removal and lands, it seems TaZi has very similar hand and I scry Entreat on top which makes 3 or 4 tokens of which 1 survives and goes all the way. Both players drew ~5 turns nothing but lands  ???

G2 I have hand with Back to Basics, counterspell, JTMS, lands and TaZi's Hymn takes Back to Basics and land. I manage to topdeck Wasteland for TaZis manlands and play JTMS with "Wasteland backup" I bounce his Doran and try to have Mana Confluence protection for jace next turn. TaZi plays Gideon the something Ally and passes, I Brainstorm finding Mystical Tutor and hold Mana Confluence but I have to use it to save JTMS from gideon token, then he Vindicates the Jace after I tapped for Mana Confluence to bounce the token and draw 2 cards. EOT I Mystical into 4 angel Entreat and we have race which he tries to win with Lingering Souls holding my angels but my Dissolve stops that plan.

G3 TaZi has turn 2 Sylvan Library but not much pressure. I wrath the board when he played 3rd creature, his follow up to my tapped out board is only Anafenza + llanowar elf. Apparently he is low on mana despite having Sylvan Library. I hold mana drain and path Anafenza beginning of combat. He plays 2nd main vampire with 4/1 haste + flying and I drain that into a turn where I Treasure cruise, Demonic for Back to Basic. Tazi plays the instant speed demonic that exiles cards and find Abrupt Decay and passes with his forest + swamp and mana elf being the only working manasources currently. I remove Sylvan Library and pass holdig Azorius Charm to hopefully get his elf. Tazi attacks with llanowar which I put on his deck with charm. I can play Elspeth Sun's Champion or hold Mana Confluence, he will have untapped mana on his next turn because of the decay destroying Back to basics on my eot. I decide to play Elspeth. He has Lighting Helix + Kolaghan's Command to remove Elspeth. I untap and set up for either Snapcaster flashing back Mana Confluence or draw 4 with Sphinx's revelation. He plays Lingering Souls + Sorin Solemn something, I Snapcaster back Mana Confluence to counter Sorin and draw 2 cards. I pass and rev for 5 his eot, at this point Tazi has 1 or 0 cards left and I have full grip with mystical teachings --> mystical tutor --> entreat + top in play so I can do this his eot.

TaZi mulliganed to 6 G1 and had to take new hands in many of the games, I didnt mull at all and drew well. Mystic Confluence performed well  8)

Thanks for the games.
dsck90 on cockatrice

Payron

Dsck (UWb Control) vs Payron (4c (w/o W) Scapeshift)

first game: I started the game. Starting hands were Dsck - b2b, Island, Plains, Day of Judgment, Top, Dig through time, Jace, Mindsculptor. My hand after one free mull - Breeding Pool, Polluted Delta, Brainstorm, Damnation, Maelstorm puls, Cultivate, Demonic Tutor
1 - Breeding Pool tapped -- Island + top
2 - Polluted Delta -- top in the upkeep and playing land I played EOT my Brainstorm and shuffled my puls + Damnation away (gained something like land Mana Drain + x)
3 - Mountain +  cultivate for 2 Islands -- he played land and b2b which denied 1 land on my side
4 - play fetch and crack for forest followed by into the north (Forest) and demonic tutor (scapeshift) -- land
5 - land + search for tomorrow suspended, he eot anticepate -- play land, I eot mystical teachings which he answered with mana leak
6 - scapeshift with 8 lands + mana drain for his negate for the win

second game: Dsck Starts

1 - island -- Smoldering marsh
2 - island -- fetchland (Forest) + Natures lore (Tropical Island) + Ponder
3 - portend + Plains -- Fetchland (Swamp) + Flip Jace answered with Memory Laps and I followed with wall of blossoms
4 - Island -- Jace + Verdant Catacombs
5 - Terminus (Mircale) + Scrubland -- Wasteland (on Scrubland) Dsck plays Dig through time with the mana, because he is tapped out I play Dark petition with Spell Mastery and play a Crucible
6 - Nat lams legacy -- wasteland +  Search for Tomorrow
7 - Island -- Polluted delta
8 - nothing -- Verdant Catacombs
9 - Plains -- Windsweath Heaths
10 - Brainstorm + Enlightned Tutor (Top), I fetch for watery grave eot (to replay my fetchland) - Polluted delta
11 - Top -- Top which gets answered with a Mana Drain which also gets answered with a Mana drain from my side. I top with the 2 Mana in my second Main and see a Scapeshift in the first 3 cards and just go for it for the win

Third game: Dsck starts

1- Arid Mesa -- Tropical + Suspend Search for Tomorrow
2- Island -- Swamp
3- Plains -- Search for tomorrow in my upkeep + Polluted delta + Thought seize which gets a Muddle the Mixture I followed up with an Personal tutor for Demonic tutor
4- Tectonic edge, I fire//ICE his hallowed fountain and he responed which tectonic edge on my tropical island -- I play land witness (thoughtseize) and Thoughtseize (Gideon 1.0)
5- Island - Demonic Tutor (LftL) and LftL onto 3 lands
6- Serums Visions + Karakas - Flip Jace + Snapcaster on Thoughtseize (Concils judgment and only lands left) + attack with witness (15 life) eot bounce jace with Karakas
7- Flooded Strand eot Mystical Tutor (Scapeshift) -- play Scapeshift which hits a Mana Drain + Attack with Snapcaster and Witness (11 Life) eot fetch for Underground sea (10 Life)
8- B2B + Plains -- attack with creatures (6 Life)
9- Plains -- Attack with creatures (2 Life)
10 - He plays Tresure Cruise - I responded with Lightning Bolt but he had an Counterspell, but didn t find any answers for my creatures

0:3

gg's