Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XXVI

Started by Vazdru, 09-02-2016, 09:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaZi

TaZi 2:1 Peddy_Frost

game 1
=======
Peddy wins the roll, takes a free mull and I go down to six.
He keeps: fire/ice, spell snare jace, TMS, pack rat, mana leak
I keep: 3 lands, duress, thoughtseize and abrupt decay
We trade spells a bit without anything entering the field but my last card Sorin, Lord of In. sticks and starts to produce value. He is eventually handled but only after making an emblem and two tokens. His ancestral vision resolves and the new business also handles parts of my board, but there are still some guys nagging on his lifetotal and he can't stop them all.

game 2
=======
I free mull and keep a slow hand with: 2 lands, demonic, vindicate, lingering souls, siege rhino, huntmaster
He keeps: 2 lands, jace Vryns.. , wear/tear, goblin rabblemaster, clique, snapcaster
He starts with jace, and I play demonic for plateau. He plays rabblemaster which is killed by vindicate, so the jace flips two turns later and I can't find another land. So I'm pretty slow and he can counter the first spell I play, when I finally found my lands. He has played a top in the meantime but it looks like he has only crap on top. Eventually the game almost stalls, when I get too greedy and try to kill his jace with a flyer atk. He has double burn on top of his library which finishes me off.

game 3
=======
I keep a nice hand: 2 lands, elf, deathrite, loxodon, eladamris call, falkenrath
He takes a free mull and has: karakas, volcanic, swords, remand, timely reinforcements, monastery mentor
Though he disables my hand by killing the elf and never playing a fetchland. He in fact doesn't draw any lands at all. So do I, but I manage to play a sylvan caryatid and can supply some of my threads. He puts still puts up a real fight, with arc trail and other removal, but in the end its not enough without any other lands.

Silberhase

Silberhase (Artifact Combo) 2 : 0 Piepser (Mono Black Control)

Game 1: I have thopter combo at turn 3 with academy+minamo t4, so no chance for him.

Game 2: He has double discard (Staf of domination+aether grid) + grim monolith into phyrexian totem + liliana of the veil for the 1st 3 turns, while I had a quite slow hand. The Liliana lets me discard every round and the totem always attacks, so he set me a clock raising me to 1 life. I had only a thopter foundry which made me 1 token to prevent liliana ulti and later memory jar. When I was at 1 life, I played demonic for academy and activiated memory jar. I found a ponder into yagmoth will and I used him to play some artifacts from jar and from graveyard which I had to discard from lilly. On his turn he topdecked oblivion stone to reset the complete board. I still had top which found later rings of brightearth and crucible(minamo in grave), which gave me the combo to win.

Vazdru

Iulus (G(b)-Devotion) vs Vazdru (4c Blood)

g1: we both started with land + elf, T2 i played Thoughtseize (-> Sylvan Libary) and Sensei's, he had Courser of Kruphix from the top. Lili and Vindicate keeps his army in check, while he had only Sylvan Caryatid, Gaea's Cradle and Nykthos Shrine. I felt good until he played Natural Order for Hornet Queen, tapping Gaea's Cradle for Garruk, Primal Hunter out of nothing. Fortunately I've had Demonic Tutor for Zealous Persecution and Lili let him discard Overrun :) I've added Domri and Titania to the board while he had only lands and Elves from the top. When gamestats were: 20 lp for him, 11 lp for me (most dam via Fetch, Thoughtseize, Shocklands..), 2 Planeswalker on my side (Lili+Domri), Titania and a 5/3 Elemental, Voice, and one Elf while he had only Elf, Roffelos, Hissing Quagmire ...he topdecked Craterhoof Behemoth and attacks exactly leathal with 9/9 Behemoth, 6/6 Hissing Quagmire, 5/5 Elf (Rofellos tapped for mana)

1:0

g2: I have T1 Oath of Nissa (for land), T2 Sensei's + Treetop, T3 Lingering Souls, T4 Lingering Souls flashback, T5 new Gideon (thanks to Oath of Nissa), T6 Ajani Vengeant. He had a slow start with T1 Treetop, T2, Demonic, T3 Eternal Witness, T4 Dreg Mangler, T5 Reclamation Sage, T6 Cloud Thresher so he died to Maelstrom Pulse and an attack of Gideon.

1:1

g3: I've had a nearly perfect hand for his board: T1 Elf, T2 Lotus Cobra + Dark Confidant, T3 Zealous Persecution + Tarmogofy. He even had the chance to find a way into the game as he had T2 Rofellos but no third forest next turn and therefore no T3 Primeval Titan but only Garruk Wildspeaker + Strangeroot Geist - so Persecution cleans board and Tarmogoyf and friends finish him off.

1:2

thx for the ggs
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

dsck

dsck UW(b) Control 2-1 TaZi 4c Blood

G1 My hand had some nonbasic lands, demonic tutor, gideon jura and  lat-nams legacy. My plan was to tutor for lingering souls and find wrath with lat-nams into gideon. But I got Wastelanded and he had sylvan library into anafenza and knight so I had to demonic for wrath effect and he had time to get garruk online and little bit later ajani which with helix killed my gideon. In the end he had too much advantage from Sylvan Library and he tainted pacted twice thanks to tasigur so my humility got killed by vindicate he tutored for and my only out left was entreat which I didnt find.

G2 I demonic tutored for humility and he didnt find removal for it and I some turns later eot sphix's revelation'd for 6 and that was enough.

G3 I kept risky keep which would scoop to wasteland. My hand had misstep but he had slow start without mana elf. I mystical teachings for fow to counter his turn 4 Rhino pitching misstep and followed it up once again with gideon jura (had him each game!) that killed his tapped knight. He played his own gideon and I played lingering souls and passed the turn. He had zealous persecution which took me by surprise and he got my tokens and my gideon.

I had drawn enlightened tutor and decided to tutor for moat on his eot. He played sorin that makes lifelink creatures, made an emblem with both gideon and sorin and passed. He was at 12 thanks to Sylvan Library so I decided to try to kill him in 3 turns with celestial colonnade. But he casts another sorin that makes flyers and big flyers thanks to 2 emblems. I luckily topdecked humility and that made his token lose flying and celestial colonnade was again threathening to kill him soon. He didnt find answer to moat or humility and colonnade went all the way :)

By the way how do you save replays on cockatrice? Writing from memory I lose many details...
dsck90 on cockatrice

Silberhase

just click on game replays and then move the replays from the right to the left side (green arrow on the bottom)

K0d013e4st

K0d013e4st (4col Reanimator) - Tweedel (4c Blood)

2-0

Report follows

Vazdru

reminder: March 27th, 9 PM CET is game-day
post your result till then, be there on Sunday 9 PM or use your vacation time
Far below the earth

Dr. Opossum

Still missing the following results:

Payron vs R4nd0m1
Peddy Frost vs Goblin Piledriver
Tobi R vs Bobz0rd

Deadline is: TODAY at 9 PM

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (Abzan)  vs  Peddy Frost (Blue Mardu)    1:2

Game 1:
I won the dice roll so I could cast turn 2 Tarmogyof, turn 3 I couldn't resolve Qasali Pridemage against a Remand, turn 4 I couldn't resolve Desecration Demon against a Force of Will. Peddy's next plays were Treasure Cruise and Goblin Rabblemaster which I answered with a Thrun. On the next attack Peddy fell to 3 life and I play Noble Hierach (as a chump blocker just for the case) and be ready to flash a Restoration Angel in. Peddy's last play was a Jace, tMS which wanted to bounce my Tramogyof.

Game 2:
Peddy started extrem quick with a turn 1 Delver which flipped immediately, turn 2 Thoughtseize, turn 3 Inquisition. I stopped his adavance with turn 2 Lotus Cobra and turn 3 Council's Jugment + Fauna Shaman. Next turn a Mantis Rider hasted in my face where I were left with 10 lifepoints. My only removal for his Mantis Rider was a Parallax Wave, eot he searched with Mystical Tutor a Bonfire of the Damned so I had to sacrifice the Wave which gave Peddy his Mantis Rider back. The next semiremoval I had for the Mantis Rider was Unexpectedly Absent for 3, but he topdecked True-Name Nemesis were I had only 7 lifes left. My last topdeck was Painful Truths where I found the truth which was very painful that I didn't had the right cards to rescue the situation.

Game 3:
Peddy started this game dominant with turn 1 S.D.Top turn 2 he had Izzet Charm against my Bird which I had searched with the green Zenith, turn 3 he played Inquisition and suspended Ancestral Vision. In the middle game I could land a few small creatures with Aven Mindcensor, Bitterblossom and Avacyn's Pilgrim, in this phase I couldn't resolve Doran against a Force of Will. So i made a few damage I even countered his Warleader's Helix with Dromoka's Command. This phase ended instantly by his Entreat the Angels for X=2 were I attacked him and lost my biggest creatures. I had rather enough mana except a second black mana and a second green mana for my Yavimaya Hollow. As I had found the second black mana for a Desecration Demon he had allready a Monastery Mentor which brought him enough Monks to stop my Demon from being effective. My last effective play Elspeth, Knight-Errant was blocked by his flyers while my life were low cause I had slowly fallen low due to Painful Truths, Bitterblossom and Horizon Canopy (since the beginning)so I lost against his Angels and a new played Aven Mindcensor.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Vazdru

Tobi R vs Bobz0rd haven't shown up
if you just missed me to drop a line you can do that the next 15 Min
otherwise it is a draw

Payron won vs r4nd0m1 2:1

@ Tweedel - basically your report round 2 is still missing :-\
@ Peddy Frost - usually it is up to you to post a game-report as winner
@ goblinpiledriver - thx
Far below the earth

Payron

r4nd0m1 (RDW) vs Payron (4c scapshift)

First game: I started the match. I ramped up second turn followed by an radiant flames which cleared the board. He still had a lot of presure and I saw his hand with duress, took his reckless abadon, left with the information of goblin bomb and a Fireblast. At this point I had dispel and did know i need to hold blue up until the end of the game. I recuvered with courser and could counter his leathel blast and finished him with scapeshift.

Second game: first turn creature, second turn creature, third turn haster and droped to 10. In the end my hand was to slow and I got finished with an fireblast.

Third game: I keept a hand with damnation, courser and ponder. I saw in my first round ponder Lightning bolt, three visits and Demonic tutor. All the cards I needed to win. So second round I played my vesuva and bolted his haste 2 drop. Next turn ramp + Tutor on Snapcaster (eneough choices in the grave and blocker). He played another haster and a 1 drop so my Damnation hit 3 creatures of him. I followed up with chandras phönix, but my courser and ramp spells was to much until I could play snapcaster into demonic for scapshift for the win.

Thx for the games

1:2

Vazdru

plz send reports of forth round to Dr. Opossum

http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=69.300

Quote from: Vazdru on 20-01-2016, 11:22:25 PM

[new] The results and match-report of last round swiss will be gathered by Dr. Opossum. She will publish the results as soon all results available.

Far below the earth

Dr. Opossum

Supplement from Round 3:

QuoteK0d013e4st (4col Reanimator) - Tweedel (4c Blood)

2-0

G1: He was a bit flooded and hit me with Elves & Manlands.A (re-)animated
    29/30 Trench Gorger wins me the game

G2: He starts with Elve. I cast Lightning Axe on my Turn,discarding Jin Gitaxias.
    He plays Cobra and i Reanimate JIN and fall to 9 life.The next turn he can handle
    Jin and hits me with his Cobra.On my Turn i play Duress on Maelstrom Pulse and add
    Oath.He put a Elve in Play and hits me again with Cobra.My Oath puts me Jace into
    Play but i had Firestorm for his Creatures.I play Necromancy for Grieselbrand bec
    I am on 1 Life at this Point but Oath brings a Reclamation Sage on his Side for
    my Necromancy.Next Turn Oath revealed Woodfall primus followed by Liliana.
    Next Turn i add JIN for the Win.

Thx for the GG's

Thanks for the report!

Reminder:

Quote from: Vazdru on 20-01-2016, 11:22:25 PM

[new] The results and match-report of last round swiss will be gathered by Dr. Opossum. She will publish the results as soon all results available.

Payron

dsck1 (UWb control) vs Payron (4c Scapeshift)

first game: He won the role and started off with with island go like expected. I played first round Gitaxian Probe to spy his hand (as I remember: Counterspell, Gideon 2WW, Elspeth 4WW and 3 lands). I tryed next round farseek to ramp up, which resolved. He just played lands and said go. Next Round I played Scavaging ooze to pressure him and at least kind of kill his delve spells. Through my wierd mana (Swamp, Flooded groove, Steam vents, Tropical) I wasn t able to cast my ooze with Izzet charm open anyways. Therefore I just flooded mana in my turn with groove to play both spells and counter his counterspell, which he didn t play. So was free to plays his Gideon which he refused and just said. Meanwhile I did threw an Wasteland and had Demonic Tutor already to combo out or some wierd lftl advantage with wasteland, but he just had enough basics. At some point he played Gideon with 2 Mana up and I responded with Izzet charm. To my suprise he let it resolve and passed with UU and counter spell up. I don t realy know every step of the game, but he bounced my ooze at some point and slammed his Elspeth and in my turn I played Bring to light with counter Back up.

Second game: He countered my second round ramp and we both kind of worked on our lands, because we both missed a drop. I got back into the game with Kodamas reach and he resolved ancerstral visions into Tresure cruise into b2b. So the game looked pretty bad for me. I had nothing to do so I played a bring to light which tapped 2 nonbasics and won with 7 lands in play to my suprise.

gg's 

0:2

Dr. Opossum

Quote from: Vazdru on 30-03-2016, 10:51:45 PM
piepser (MBC) vs Vazdru (4c Blood)

g1: He starts and has to go down to 6, I have T1 Pilgrim, T2 he plays Dark Ritual and adds The Abyss to the board which should gain him some time ... which it actually did. Unfortunately for him i topdecked Green Sun's Zenith T3 for Reclamation Sage T4. Meanwhile he plays Night's Whisper, Grim Tutor and Mutavault. Just when The Abyss has been gone it immediately revived via Noxious Revival. I answered with Sorin, Lord of Innistrad into Xenagos, the Revealer into Garruk Wildspeaker for the win.

g2: He starts again with only 6 cards in hand but at least Sensei's T1. I have only tapped-land and go. T2 he makes some Top shenanigans, i play Pilgrim again. When he tries to kill the pious man I use Path to Exile to fetch for a second white mana source so I can play Gideon, Ally of Zendikar T3 and Garruk Wildspeaker + Loxodon Smiter T4 for gg.

0:2

Quote from: TaZi on 03-04-2016, 06:19:39 PM

TaZi 2-0 r4nd0m

Game 1
=======
I take a free mull and start with bolt, sylvan lib, tasigur and 4 lands. I bolt a jackal pub eot, play the sylvan lib on the second turn and tasigur on the third (via fetchlands). He has no third landdrop but mogg flunkies, intimidator initiate and goblin guide. I add Anafensa to the board and start racing a bit with my dromocars command in hand. Eventually the lib finds the lifelink sorin which seals the deal.

Game 2
=======
He has no onedrop, but valleydasher (2/2 haste) on the second turn. I take a burst lightning with toughtseize and see only 2 mountains and flameslash left, due to mull to 6. I play kolaghans command and flametongue kavu which clear the board. Then I start dumping quality spells and gain life (kitchen finks, deathrite shaman, xenagos, titania, natural order on siege rhino). He has some random dudes but is never dangerous at any point.

Quote from: Peddy Frost on 10-04-2016, 02:19:13 PM
Silberhase (ArtifactCombo) 0:2 Peddy_Frostulat (Mardublue)

G1:Opening Hands:
Silberhase: wasteland, deserted Temple, DS Citadel, Azorius Signet, Thopter F., Timespiral, S.Scyring
Peddy: 2 fetches, Volcanic I.,Watery Grave, Bitterblossom, Wear//tear, Lingering Souls

I was on the play. putting down BB on T2 and Souls shortly after. While my tokens constantly pressure him, I was able to rip IzzetCharm, duress and WL from the top to buy enough time to eventually kill with the Team.

G2:Opening Hands:
Silberhase: 2 Fetches, Chromemox, fellwar Stone, tezze 1.0, YawgWill, Thoughtcast
Peddy: Colonnade, Fumarole, Dem.Tut, Timely Reinforements, StP, Thoughtscour, Preordain

He brought down an early Tezzeret which I Could handle with Confi and Rabblemaster which I found with Scour and Preordain. Even Though he crop rotated out his academy into Stroke of gen. for 6 he wasnt able to find anything relevant to fight my Board. Thoughtseize from the Confi took his Dem.Tutor which was his only Buisness card leaving him mostly lands and Power artifact. Combined pressure from Confi and Rabblemaster did finally kill fast enough to prevent him from coming Back with huge amounts of Mana.

GG
peddy

Quote from: GoblinPiledriver on 10-04-2016, 06:55:39 PM
Goblin Piledriver(Abzan)   vs   K0d013e4st(Reanimator)
2:0

Game1:
I kept a hand with 6 cards: Sword of Feast and Famine, Nissa Voice of Zendikar, Vindicate and 3 lands, but I was one green mana and 1-2 black mana short. Kodo kept a 7 card hand with 2 lands(with all colors), Mystical Tutor, Oath of Druids, Show and Tell, Zombify, Trench Gorger. Third turn I topdeck Hissing Quagmire so I had nearly all mana which I would need, but I still couldn't play my Nissa. On Kodo's third turn he didn't found his third land and neither played his Tutor, Oath or even Faithless Looting he instead discarded his Trench Gorger. My first spell this game was turn 4 Elspeth, Knight-Errant. Next turn Kodo didn't found again his third land but he now played his Oath of Druids. Next turn I answered with Dromoka's Command and didn't found a land either, which would had made a good play with the Sword o.F.a.F. Kodo found his third land a Taiga and played Faithless Looting founding his forth land, but he still had no nonland permanents on his side of the battlefield. I also topdecked a land for my Sword of Feast and FAmine. Kodo had 14 life, with the +1/+1 counter the bonus from the sword and the second Elspeth ability my Soldier was pumped to 7/7 for a 2 turn clock. With the untap ability from the sword I wanted to cast Vindicate for his Taiga which got countered by his Swan's Song. Kodo thought a long time for a solution with his Mystical Tutor, but I had Stirring Wildwood for lethal damage next turn.

Game 2:
This game started quick for both of us, turn 2 I had a Lotus Cobra and a 1/1 Spirit token, Kodo played turn 2 a Tainted Pact for a Elsesh Norn, G.C. with a Forbidden Orchard and a City of Brass. Kodo found his third land(turn 3) and played Faithless Looting + Animate Dead for his Elesh. I had the answer with a Council's Judgement for this Praetor. Turn 4 the board was empty, Kodo had two choices either Muddle the Mixture for his Oath or Sylvan Scrying for a forth land, Kodo choose the Scrying for a Wasteland which left me only a basic Plains and a basic Swamp. I had 2 lands on my hand so I din't had a problem with laying down my Anafenza, the Foremost. Kodo din't found another land and spent his whole turn transmuting his Oath. My next play was a Desecration Demon and so I had lethal damage on the board(including a 2/2 Spirit token). Kodo's last topdeck was a Bazaar of Baghdad which didn't found relevant cards.

Iulus vs. B0bzord
ID

Tweedel vs. TobiR
Concede TobiR

Edit: update reports