Started by Vazdru, 09-02-2016, 09:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

reports & replays of season XXVI matches

have some fun!
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Silberhase

Silberhase (Artifact Combo) vs. K0d013e4st (4c Reanimator)

Result: 2:1

Game 1: He start,and I mull to 6. While he has in opening hand shot and tell,primeval titan, decay, sylvan scying and 3 lands, I got a really slow hand with 4 lands, y-will and gilded lotus. To my luck, he didn't know what im playing and was afraid of counterspells, so he decided not to play t3 show and tell(I had 2 fetchlands on board). When I used my enlightened tutor to search for nihil spellbomb (the cephalid colosseum on board gave me the tell that he plays reanimator), he used his wasteland to destroy my fetched tundra. Then on his turn,he used show and tell, cause I dont have UU anymore. He puts Iona into play and me gilded lotus. On my Turn, i tutored Karakas with tolaria west to bounce Iona. Later he tapped out himself for hardcasting titan and I got enough tutor spells for an infinite mana combo (academy, candelabra, clock of omes + 2 artifact lands) to end the game.

Game 2: He starts with sylvan primordial, makeshift mannequin, mana drain, tolaria west and 3 other lands, I got mox diamond, snapcaster, jace tms, teferi temporal archmage and 3 lands in hand. In turn 2 I drew a signet which got drained. He used this mana to tutor bazaar with tolaria west and to play his topdecked loam after that. Then I played jace which got killed by a reanimated sylvan primordial(bazaar+dance of the dead). Next turn i played tezzeret, agent of bolas and I choosed to make my darksteel citadel 5/5 and I tried to raise him. He also killed my tezzeret and raised with his sylvan too. unfortunatly he was faster, when he exiled the darksteel citadel with ashen rider and killed me after that.

Game 3: I stardted with demonic tutor,GW talisman, time spiral, staff of domination, chain of vapor, and he mulls to 6 into careful study, anger, stitch together, tainted pact, dance of the dead and 1 land. I played t2 the talisman, while he gets a good start with t1 study and t2 reanimate ashen rider which exiled me a land. Then I played ponder where I found a land, mana drain and gilded lotus. he topdecked bazaar and played inquisition to discard my chain of vapor. The Dance he played next turn was drained and I could play gilded lotus and staff of domination next turn with keeping demonic tutor and time spiral in hand. He used his tainted pact for a duress to discard the tutor. Now I was at 4 life thanks to ashen rider and I topdecked wargate who found academy and i used the time spiral. I got a fetchland, minamo, ponder, thopther foundry, thirst for knowledge, expedition map and worn powerstone. I played minamo, map, thopter foundry and ponder, who found mana drain again and also deserted temple. I end the turn with academy (5 artifacts) and two other lands untapped.Then He played dread return and had many creatures in graveyard (anger included), but only dance of the dead as reanimaor spell, who puts the creature tapped into play. he decided to keep 2 mana and said go. On my turn I put deserted temple into play and found with thist frantic search, who could generate many mana with academy and both untap lands on play. He tried to counter it but i also had mana drain. finally i found a tutor for rings of brightearth, who combos out with the lands + staff.

Peddy Frost

Peddy_Frostulat (MarduBlue) 2:0 Bobz0rd (Grixis)

Game1:
Opening Hands : Peddy_Frostulat: Bolt, Electrolyze, Snapcaster, Fow, Tar Pit, Tarn, Flooded Strand
                Bobz0rd:         Serum Visions, Unearth, island, Sulfur Falls, Dealta, Misty, Foothills

We both started with free mulligan. I was on the play leading with tar pit, go. He opened with serum visions. I drew Vendilion Clique into daze and dicided to go for tempo plan and try to resolve clique into bolt, snapcaster, bold and protect my team with FoW and daze. When Tasigur came down on my side after the turn I resolved Clique I had enought pressure on the board to seal the deal before he was able to come back with cardadvantage from Abbot and DTT. 1:0

Game2:
Opening Hands: Peddy_Frostulat: Misstep, Probe, Lingering Souls, DTT, Manaconfluence, Swamp, Heath
               Bobz0rd        : Izzet Charm, Clique, Kalitas, RB Temple, USea       

He was on the Play and mulled to 6. Which was pretty nice for me since my hand was able generate Cardadvantage via DTT und Souls. So I decided to play a bit of a grindy game by stalling with Souls and resolve Dig to win from there on. DTT and Ponder eventually found me Answers for his Threats and Snapcaster Jace and Mage which gave me many options while continously putting pressure on him with LS-Tokens. 2:0

GG

Payron

Piepser (Mono Black Control) vs Payron (4c (w/o W) Scapeshift)

First game: He mulls down to 6 cards and stays with 1 Land (wasteland) which I copy with vesuva first round and wdestroy his later. He never found back into the game.

Second game: He ramps with an Grim Monolith into Karn which kind of takes me out of the game, because he knows that I have Demonic Tutor and he just removes my only black source.

Third game: I ramp a bit and try to win with a personal tutor on scapshift but he has  Liliana Vess to tutor Shadow of doubt and delays me 1 round with and Noxious Revival :D . In the end he tutors for Karn with lili and I can search for snapcaster mage and flashback scapeshift.

GG'S

1:2

dsck

dsck UW(b) control 2-0 Tweedel 4c Blood

G1 I pressure his life total with lingering souls until he gets enough board presense to race me and uses removal on token. Then I eot Mystical Teachings for Mystical Tutor -> upkeep tutor into terminus and my opponent has only 2 lands left. Then I get Jace Architect down and reveal insane pile of elspeth, island, humility and soon lock the game with back to basics.

G2 My opponent has choice between Swords to Plowshares and Back to Basics with his Inquisition of Kozilek. He chooses STP. I survive his follow up Liliana of the Veil by having treasure cruise in hand to draw back into the game and his manas are locked with Back to Basics so I only need to find o-ring effect for his Liliana and then get rid of his small ground creatures from nibbling my life total to 0. I find humility and then on last possible turn Jace, the Architect which locks the board until I draw counters for protection.
dsck90 on cockatrice

r4nd0m1

2:1 vs Tobi R

RDW vs RB Gobvantage

G1 He has to mulligan to 6 and I'm on the play. Foundry Street Denizen and four friends, backed up by Searing Blaze and Flame Slash, beat his Blood Artist, Goblin Matron and Beetleback Chief.

G2 I have a couple of random creatures, a Bonesplitter and some burn, but Kolaghan's Command, Goblin Matron and Goblin Dark Dwellers shuts that down, before he drops Nighthawk and Batterskull FTW.

G3 he mulls to 6 again and due to High Market, Phyrexian Tower and Auntie's Hovel, only has a single colored mana per turn until turn 5. So, i connect with Heartlash Cinder and he cant stop my attacks in time.

Vazdru

Tazi (4c Blood) vs Vazdru (4c Blood) 2:1
goblinpiledriver (Abzan-Midrange) vs Iulus (Gb-Devotion) 2:0

reports follow
round 1 completed
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

TaZi

I'm on honeymoon in the carribean sea the next two weeks, so I will use my vacation extra time, as I already told Gerry.

besides that, the missing report, which is a bit shorter, as we played with real cards o.O and didn't took any notes during the match.

TaZi 2:1 Vazdru

Game 1
=======
Vazdru keeps 3 lands, 2 planeswalker for 4 and a natural order. I start with voice of resurgence which kills Vazdru's Caryatid in combat with the help of dromars command. Then I play knight of the reliquary and lotus cobra. Gerry manages to kill both but never finds the fourth mana source and dies rather fast.

Game 2
=======
After a few trades the only nonland cards on the board are my Goyf which is locked down by Vazdru Ajani. We both have no cards in hand, when Vazdru draws Titania and I draw abrupt decay, which handles only 5 of the 15 power titanias supplies =), hence I'm dead.

Game 3
=======
Gerry keeps 6 cards which contain only 1 land. I can't handle his deathrite shaman, but I vindicate one of his lands the turn before and then have Hymn, witness, hymn which kills his hand. Eventually I have an aristocrat which is already quite nice, but is even followed by a hardcast primeval titan which forces a concession.

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(Abzan-Midrange)  vs  Iulus(GB-Devotion)
2:0

Game1: I kept a 6-card hand with 2 lands, 1 Titania, and 3 three black/white cards. Lulus started turn 1 Wasteland(which was a shocking suprise for me), turn 2 Sylvan Caryatid and turn 3 Demonic Tutor. So my turn 3 Aven Mindcensor came to late, his next drop was Wistful Selkie while he kept Wasteland open, I fetched a basic plains to protect myself from the Wasteland which would had killed me totally since I had drawn Sorin, Solemn Visitor and Elspeth, Knight-Errant and still not drew the fourth land. On my turn as I had 3 three basic lands and no green mana source I topdecked Karakas for the Sorin. The Wistful Selkie traded against my new Vampire Token, and lulus played Nissa,Worldwaker untapping 2 forests for Sylvan Library. I answered this by playing Elspeth which killed Nissa. Lulus next play were a Mistcutter Hydra for x=5 which destroyed my Elspeth. I cast Tasigur,t.G.F. and build a new Vampire Token, in the following attack I double blocked the Mistcutter Hydra with Tasigur + Vampire and lost the new Tasigur. After combat lulus played Acidic Slime for my only Swamp and Wasteland for my only Nonbasic Land. In the follwing 2 turns I lost my Sorin which had taken me to 30 life while he went to 10 life against my 2 flyers. As I drew my third land which was a colorless one, I was still missing 2 of 3 colors. Lulus cast Garruk Wildspeaker + Dreg Mangler and brought me to 20 life, as I finally drew a Fetchland for Bayou and could cast Knight of the Reliquary. On lulus last turn he haste attacked me with Surrakar, the Hunt Caller(+ his other army Dreg Mangler, Beast, Acidic Slime) so I fell to 10 life. Then on my last turn I attacked him with my 2 flyers to 2 and cast Obzedat, Ghost Council for the win.

Game2:
This game I had all the land I needed and started quick with turn 2 Voice of Resurgence, turn 3 Anafenza and turn 4 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar. While lulus played Demonic Tutor, Eternal Witness and Kitchen Finks. Turn 5 lulus played Nissa, Worldwaker into Demonic Tutor for Tarmogoyf. I answered this with 2 removal for his remaining creatures which cleared also the way for the Nissa. On my final turn lulus had Treetop Village and again the Tarmogoyf(last turn it was only a soft removal), so I attacked with Anafenza, 3 Tokens and the 5/5 Gideon for the win.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

dsck

dsck UW(b) Control 2-0 Goblin Piledriver (Abzan-Midrange)

G1 Im one the draw with nice hand including mana drain & back to basics. I get t1 inqusition'd and lose back to basics. We pass turns and I ponder into some okayish cards but without 2nd white I cant get value from mana drain manas if I counter something. I decide to keep the cards from ponder anyway and Piledriver baits the mana drain with some 3 mana card. I play some cantrips and pass, he plays thrun and im stuck on 4 lands but I have multiple wraths plus terminus on top which clears thrun. Soon enough I resolve elspeth and gideon after wiping board with wraths and the planeswalkers finish the game.

G2 I keep 2-lander with lots of counters, I find more lands and keep noncreature spells off the board until I can find wrath. He beats me with Anafenza while pumping mana dork and Im down to pretty low life total until I find maze and soon sensei's top which finds card draw into humility/wrath. Piledriver floods but has Karakas bouncing Anafenza but cant get enough pressure to get through maze. My top shows 2 lands and cruise on top 3, I decide to be ballsy and flip the top and fetch and then draw in to some gas, play Elsepth Sun's Champion and pass the turn and we get socket error and get disconnected from the server. Piledriver drew demonic but gives me the win because he had low chances (if I were in 1 life point lower life total he may have won).

Cockatrice is OK software but server disconnections were you cant resume from same game point are very disappointing.
dsck90 on cockatrice

Piepser

Piepser (MBC) - TobiR (RB midrange) -> 2:1

Game 1: He played turn 2 Demonic Tutor for Liliana of the Veil. My first play was Wurmcoil Engine on turn 5. After the Liliana ultimate and a Thundermaw Hellkite + Siege-Gang commander on his side, I had no chance to come back in the game. 0-1

Game 2: I won with 5 Tokens from Hangarback Walker after resolving Damnation and a finally Suffer the Past for x=6. 1-1

Game 3: We both had a slow Start. Turn 7 I played Demonic Tutor for Ugin and played it the same turn (with Grim Monolith and Dark Ritual). He conceded 4 turns later as I played Noxious Revival targeting Demonic Tutor....  2-1

GG`s

Tweedel

2. Round

Tweedel (Cockatrice "GreenBird" with 4-Color-Blood) vs. Bobz0rd (with Grixis-Control)

2:1

Report follows.

r4nd0m1

2:0 vs Silberhase

He has Top, Nihil Spellbomb and Fabricate for Mox Opal, but I have 4 creatures and Magma Jet into Reckless Abandon to win on turn 4 on the play.

G2 he has to mulligan to 6 and has a couple of manaartifacts and Ghirapur Aether Grid and even Toxic Deluge, but again thats not enough vs my Reckless Abandon and Goblin Grenade.

Payron

Vazdru (4c Blood) vs Payron (4c scapeshift)

First game: Gerry wins the role

R1: Gerry plays Taiga and Birds - I just lay down a fetchland
R2: shampling vents from gerry and go; I fetch eot (Overgrown tomb) - I play and Island and rampath growth for an second Island and Already seeing as I pass my turn that I should had searched up an forest to play my Maelstrom puls onto a possible planswalker.
R3: Lotus Cobra -> Fetchland -> Ajanie  :o keeping my Overgrown tomb tapped - I have UU and got an lonely land with valakut to play and can't ramp out with my sakura tribe elder, but at least I keep open mana for my negate  :-\
R4: Gerry plays Bloodbraid elves which puts Reclemation sage onto the board, which is quite some damage - in my turn I draw flooded grove, which brings me back into the game with my Sakura tribe elder.
R5: Attack with everything (blocking shambling vent, because I wanted to secure a possible scapshift kill) after that attack he shouts me with ajanie down to 4 Life. -- In my turn I can resolve an Bring to light into an Damnation with 1 Mana open (Overgrown tomb)
R6: he attacks with his shambling vent; which I kill with murderous cut and shouts me down to 1 life followed by an 1/1 mana dork -- I have no choice and play maelstorm puls onto ajanie and Decay on his elf
R7:He just plays sylvan libery and go -- I remove 4 cards in my grave and resolve an tresure cruise
r8: he has enough life to pay 4 life and puts wasteland and Nissa, Voice of Zendikar into play, eot he kills my valakut and my scapshift in my hand is not going to be a fast win, but I sac it into edge of autum and draw a land. Eot I play Intuition onto lftl academy ruins and mystical teachings (lftl to hand) --- In my turn I play lftl for valakut and play scapshift which can t kill him with 6 mountains so I shout 15 into his face and 3 onto his plant token.
R9: He plays tectonic edge and my plan to kill him next turn with farseek and land drop fails and produces a plant token. -- I dredge lftl and play valkut and surive 1 more time with farseek onto mountain, which shouts his plant token again.
r10: Gerry plays shriekmaw and makes a token again --- I play taiga and flashback teachings for lightning bolt for the win

Insane close game.

Game 2: Gerry starts again, but mulls down to 6

R1: He plays overgrown tomb and elves of deep shadow --- I follow up with a Island a serums Visions
R2: He green sun's zenith for tarmo and passes --- I play edge of autum and bring a forest into play
R3: Gerry attacks with both creatures and passes with 3 mana open, I look at my hand (3 ramp spells, merchan scroll, intuition) and see the game drifting away against an aven mindcensor. --- I try to resolve first my Sakura trib elder and no response and also farseek resolves and I feel pretty far ahead now. EOT Gerry sacs his Canopy (which was bad for him, because he had only 1 G left and did draw into multiple GG spells)
R4: He attacks plays land and passes--- I ramp up with kodama's reach and say go with 4 open lands
R5: he plays oath of nissa and finds domri, which he can play because of the entchanments effect and hits me with his creatures. EOT I play Intuition for demonic Tutor, Dark petition and Bring to light which wins with valakut and 8 lands in play

0:2

gg's Gerry and good luck in your future games

K0d013e4st

K0d013e4st (4col Reanimator) - lulus (Gb Ramp)

2-0

G1: a early reanimated Dragonlord Atarka (which stops his Garruk and Elf) followed by Jin-Gitaxias (used as Jump blocker) and a hasting Grieselbrand wins me the game.

G2:He starts with DRS but i had Oath (finding Jace and GraveTitan). He adds T4 Primeevil Titan finding Wasteland/Cradle while i was stuck on 2 Lands.So i had to add Rune-Scared to search for a land, but also gave him the Chance to Oath his Lib.A Turn later I am in trouble bec he found Khalni Hydra with Oath followed by attack with Primevil Titan pumped by Aspect of Hydra and still has Hornet Queen on Board.I can clear the board with Magister but he came back. So i Had to clear the board again with Living Dead.He still adds some Creatures, but in the End my better Creatures wins the game.

Thx for the GGs