Main Menu

Highlander-Council

Started by cedzoh, 03-08-2015, 03:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cedzoh

Hey,
i have been really satisfied with your work until now (Maybe the desicison to ban the highlander mulligan was not so good, but that has do be discussed elsewhere), and now you have chosen to elect a new member to the council. Could you please give a reasoning, why you chose someone, who does not play our format on a regular basis and is working as a judge an therefor is bound to the officel wotc-policiy?

Maqi

Regarding the introduction of Stephanie Bressin as a new member of the HL Council:

For those of you who don't know her, Stephanie is a level 2 Judge from Berlin and an active member of the HL Community.

Stephanie is a very knowledgeable and empathic person, has good contacts within the judge scene and from my own experiences is an upright person through and through.

She already reworked and precisely articulated our HL-Cup-Trial-rules and is currently heading our new website project.

Quote from: cedzoh on 03-08-2015, 03:46:43 PMCould you please give a reasoning, why you chose someone, who does not play our format on a regular basis and is working as a judge an therefor is bound to the officel wotc-policiy?

The fact that she doesn't play the format competitively very often is not a hindrance in our view at all. To the contrary, her different perspective will enrich our decision-making process by providing lines of thought which otherwise may be missed or disregarded. What Stephanie adds to the Council, is a valuable new vantage point, which we were lacking before.

Also, as an experienced judge, she brings expert knowledge to the table and by being a well-integrated part in the judge community, Stephanie provides us with an important network access to the DCI and WotC in general.

However, the strongest reason for us to introduce Stephanie to the Council would be one special quality of hers: She is a very proactive person and comes up with great ideas on her own all the time. She has an apt eye for hidden problems and always finds clear solutions to issues at hand. I strongly believe we - as a whole - will profit very much from her inclusion because of this.

I myself am looking forward to working with her and I am convinced we chose the best person that can help our format grow.

Vazdru

@ cedzoh
thanks for your feedback

personally i guess there are a few criteria why anyone should be added to hl council and playing our format on a regular basis is one of the most unimportant for me
btw. i don't know how much anyone of the current council members play highlander or magic in general, neither I have ever asked them for nor they have ever asked me

imo there is a main factor beside others why anyone should be added to the hl council: the dedication for our format, the will to invest hours to promote highlander and bring it a step forward anyhow, to contribute content to the community and make our format visible to others - and in this regard Steffi is outstanding ...not only in the community but even in the council - furthermore the showed that passion for quite a while now, that's why she deserve a spot in the council

although good tournament results like winning a cup or nationals can indicate that necessary devotion for our format too - that was probably the reason why e. g. firestarter has been added whose record on hl grand prix is scary and makes clear how much time he invested in deckdesign, playing our format and his great insight in our format
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.