reminder

Sunday is gameday, 9 pm
if you don't have time to play i recommend to use your vacation period
if your opponent doesn't show up drop me a line
otherwise have fun
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

K0d013e4st

K0d013e4st (High Tide) - Tazi (Scapeshift) 2:1

G1:I mul to six on the Play with four Lands, Counterspell and Top. He takes his free mul and kp it .He had only 1 Land until t3 and I can fill my Hand with all Combo Cards and Counter backup (Pact),but i dont find my 6 Land and His Primevil/Port/Vesuva Action makes the game. 0-1

G2:There was no real Action until t7.He trys to Tap a Island at my upkeep but i cast Hightide and had Spiral with counterbackup. The Spiral was not perfect but i was able to find all i need for combo with many,many filter & extra Cards 1-1

G3:a protected JTMS t3 (Mana Drained Clique) & Back to Basics t4 gave me enough time.2-1

Thx 4 GGs

r4nd0m1

2-0 vs captain kaiiak, Academy vs Blood

He wins the roll and needs to mull to 6. I can keep Top, Jeweled Amulet, Gilded Lotus, Batterskull and 3 lands.
I find Mind Stone and go for turn 3 Lotus, while his first play is BBE into Liliana of the Veil.
After several Top activations my best play is just Skull and go.
He plays Inquisition of Kozilek and makes me sac the germ, then uses Horizon Canopy to draw a card and attacks.
My Top finds Spellskite and I pass with mana up to bounce Skull, but he has FTK and attacks me to 8 (Lily at 3).
On Upkeep I use Academy Ruins to return Skite and replay both Skull and Skite.
Unfortunately, he manages to kill both my blocker with Resto (FTK) and Lily -2 and attacks me to 5.
I bounce and replay Skull, so he just attacks with Resto and adds Treetop Village to the board.
Finally, my Top finds Wurmcoil Engine and I can attack with Skull to live another turn, then play the Wurm.
Although he has Tec Edge for my Academy Ruins, I end up with a 7/7 deathtouch lifelink Wurm, which buys me enough time to find Tezzeret and Transmute Artifact.

Game 2 he has turn 2 Tainted Pact for Sword of FaF and turn 3 Tasigur, but I have Mana Drain into JTM and Memory Jar.
He does have Lightning Bolt for my Jace, but Jar and Tolarian Academy enable Gilded Lotus into Preordain (puts Yawg Will on top).
Sorin gets played and makes a token, but I have eot Repeal for the token, then Cruise, Lotus Petal, Demonic for Temporal Fissure, Tainted Pact for Wurmcoil and bounce 5 ftw.

In the end, he didnt have great draws and I got lucky.

ggs

Peddy Frost

Peddy_Frost (UR) 2:1 Silberhase (Ubg-Artifact Ramp)

g1: An early fastbond form Silberhase gave him a Manaadvantage even though I had an Manaheavy draw. After resolving JaceTMS and Tezze2.0 I had to use all my resources to handle both walkers and was unable to stop Fastbond-crucible-zuran orb combo from happening. 0:1

g2: Early counter on his manarock into Btb shut his game down and led to a concede. 1:1

g3: I was able to put down pressure in the early game with Grim Lavamancer and Sulfur Elemental + Force backup. in response to his Timetwister I resolved PoP putting him to 1 Life. Twister gave me Daze+Force which stopped him from coming back. 2:1

Vazdru

parings round no. 3 will be online probably tomorrow - so stay tuned  :)
next game-day will be July, 5th
Far below the earth

dsck

dsck90 on cockatrice

Vazdru

Quote from: dsck on 24-06-2015, 07:13:37 PM
Every round against 4c blood ;D

btw. it is even the same deck as in round 1  ;)
Far below the earth

r4nd0m1

2-0 vs GoblinPiledriver

I got really lucky and managed to not screw it up, basically.

I could muster Academy into Upheaval and slaverlock g1 and Force into Jace and lethal Slaver later in g2.

Please see replays for details:

http://www.filedropper.com/hllvsgp

ty, ggs

Vazdru

Far below the earth

Promole

Round 3: Promole (Goodstuff) vs. Peddy Frost (Izzet) 2:1

G1: I missed land drop no.3 and from that point I didn´t came into the came since all my spells had been Countered or killed with lavamancer. a couple turns later, Peddy played delver, Mystical for PoP and killed me with the help of Lavamncer and Delver.

G2: I started With lavamancer t1 which Gets fired, T3 Vendilion Clique´s trigger gets stifled after draw. We traded some spells. TNN got forced. FTK killed Lavamancer on Peddy Side and brought Peddy to 4. He tried to race me holding PoP in Hand. I had Snapcaster at the right time to prevent killing me. And killed peddy with the lonely FTK.

G3: I muliganed to 5 and kept Hallowed Fountain, brainstorm, preordain, Clique, Ajani Vengent. Preordain got misstept. Brainstorm found lands. Luckily Peddy was also struggling on islands an missed landdrop 3. After I could resolve Ajani Vengent locking him down and ticking up. I finished the game with clique, 2 Lighning Helix from Ajani and a Burst Lightning after killing kira with a bolt and ajani Helix.

Thx for GG´s

Maqi

Round 3: K0d013e4st (High Tide) vs. Maqi (4c Blood)

Two rather unexciting games. He missed his third land drop in both games. And I had reasonable curves. Backed up by Liliana (g1) and Duress (g2).

0:2

Thx for the games, nevertheless.

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 18-06-2015, 02:16:51 PM
reminder

this Sunday is gameday, 9 pm
if you don't have time to play i recommend to use your vacation period
if your opponent doesn't show up drop me a line
otherwise have fun
Far below the earth

TaZi

TaZi (Scapeshift) 2:0 Senshuken (UWb)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldibfikioye6x61/replay_70851.cor?dl=0

Game 1
=======
The first game was really a blast and I really recommend to watch the replay (it starts only after a while so you have to fast forward for 3 minutes or so).
I start on the play with a nice hand consisting of brainstorm, spell pierce, wood elves and 4 lands. We play lands and brainstorm and on my third turn my hand is: elves, pierce, vendilion clique, truename nemesis, condescend and a land (3 lands in play). At this point I pretty convinced that the game will be a cake walk... then the problems are starting: I play the quite pacifistic wood elves and want to go for a tropical to keep up mana for spell pierce. But the elves are getting coutered and Senshuken plays lingering souls, which almost nullify my clique and still race my nemesis. On my turn I draw land, play the Nemesis, while he plays elspeth on his turn and I'm even further behind in the race. I draw another land, but still have only 2 blue sources, so I can't play clique and counter. I decide to keep counter mana open and play clique at the end of his turn if possible. On his turn he plays wasteland targeting one of my blue sources and I'm forced to play the clique in response. I see: Terminus, entreat the angels, moat and tolaria west. I'm happy to take moat, but he draws Humility!!! which renders not only the nemesis useless, but also the clique, while his elspeth produces the best guys in town each turn... Next turn I draw crop rotation and am at least happy, that I can condescend his flashbacked souls and still have one mana open for the rotation, should he decide to use is tectonic edge. On his turn he draws an untapped land, flashbacks his souls, I have to use all mana for condescend and he kills my badlands (and no thespian stage). I draw and play a land and pass the turn. He pumps with elspeth and I have to search for Maze with the rotation. He transmutes tolaria west for celestial collonade and plays it. I transform the stage into another maze but still face 3 tokens at 12 life. I draw  and play land again (6 in play now) and pass the turn. He draws merchant scroll and searches for dig through time, which I counter with my last card spell pierce. At this point I have no hand anymore and fear I'm losing in the next few turns. Then the following happens: I draw bonfire, which gives me a lot more time, he plays helm of obedience, and I draw mystical tutor, which is almost dead against the helm. Then I draw fire/Ice o.O and mana leak the next two turn and eventually ice his helm (draw snapcaster) play mystical and draw scapeshift. Now I have one more turn left to live vs. the elspeth token. So I rip the 7th land from the top and go off with mana leak backup (which is not needed). Phew that was very close.

Game 2
=======
Nothing really happens the first turns. I resolve a dig through time and play two kodamas reach. In turn 7 I have 9 lands in play and my hand is Scapeshift, force, mana drain, mana leak, blue card. I play scapeshift and win.

dsck

I cant get online on cockatrice ??? Anyone else having problem?

edit:
This works
Quote from: LasH on 05-07-2015, 07:45:20 PM
WoogerWorks ‏@woogerworks twitter

Until our DNS problems are resolved users are welcome to cockatrice server by going directly to the IP address.  198.199.69.27
dsck90 on cockatrice