Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XXIV

Started by Vazdru, 21-05-2015, 09:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

reports, replays and results as usual...

gl & hf
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Senshuken

Round 1

Senshuken (UWb) vs Peddy Frost (UR) 2:0

Game 1:
Early we trade land drops until Peddy goes for Back to Basics, which I can stave off.
Next he goes for Dig Through Time at my end of turn, which I answer with my own Dig Through Time.
I find Mana Drain and Elspeth, Knight-Errant and try to counter his copy, he counters back and resolves
Jace Beleren during his next turn. I am worried about his card advantage but Elspeth pressures his Planeswalker
and Rune of Protection: Red threatens to negate a lot of his future cards. He tries Vendilion Clique, Delver of Secrets
and Snapcaster Mage with a flashbacked Dig Through Time. After having seen three good creatures I cast Humility which
was in my hand from the beginning of the game. He is forced in to playing creatures supported by his Batterskull
which all get destroyed by Wraths and Mystical Teachings for Swords to Plowshares and friends.
Eventually I tutor for Jace, the Mind Sculptor to find Rest in Peace and Helm of Obedience
to win a long and hard-fought game one.

Game 2:

Our next game is very different. We fight over my Sensei's Divining Top early in the game, it resolves, and after wastelanding
his Faerie Conclave he is forced to put me under pressure. We have a big fight over Thundermaw Hellkite, which gets eaten by a Mana Drain.
From the mana I get Lingering Souls with flashback. After that my hand and the top of the library show counterspell after counterspell and
the spirits kill him in quick fashion.

K0d013e4st

r4nd0m1 (Academy.dec) - K0d013e4st (HighTide) 1-2

G1: He won the roll and start. I mull to 6. - I sit on 4 lands and cant recover from his resolved Upheaval.

G2: I counter his early manastones because i know his hand (Probe) and leave him with just 2 Lands and big spells. The next turn I cast B2B to buy time to find all I need for combo.

G3: He had a good board with Acedemy - Ring action in Turn 5 .T6 i cast High Tide, but he uses Mystical Teachings to find Mana Drain. However, I use Flash of Insight to find Noxious Revival and combo the turn after that.

Thx 4 the ggs

- From 28.5 - 12.6 im in Holiday an cant Play -

Vazdru

TaZi (UGr-Scapeshift) vs Vazdru (4C Blood)
2:1

some of the best highlander games I've played recently (g2 & g3  ;))
guess TaZi will write a small report

here the replays:

g1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qy16na02wyh56t/replay_87157.cor?dl=0
g2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxfyj2yb78ghnc3/replay_87893.cor?dl=0
g3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9pzynk3v6yn336/replay_88810.cor?dl=0

especially g2 is worth watching  :)

ps. plz let me know if those dropbox-links work for ya - it is my first try :-)

pps. damned - i could have won g3 with atarka's commando in response on mystical teachings - calculation is everything, i've thought i could find a creature or dd in my next three card but it has been lands  ;D  - on the other hand that mystical teachings lead to the top 4 cards of Tazi's library - as FOW showed up i was a bit surprised as it was the only card left which safes him from beeing dead on board and even though any card but land in the top 3 cards of my library would have won my the game either...
Far below the earth

TaZi

here is the small report. But I really recommend to watch the games, they are very exciting! All three are very close.

Game 1
=======
I start with 3 lands, sylvan library, crop rotation, repeal und ponder. Gerry keeps 4 lands, sylv lib, mindcensor, maelstrom pulse. Gerry plays land and I play land ponder. We both play our sylvan libraries but mine is destroyed by a qasali pridemage. I drew counterspell and snapcaster in the meantime and wait for enought land in play. I counter an aven mindcensor and gerry finds bloodbraid elf into SoFI, so suddenly there is pressure on the board. Snappy counters garruk and is able to block the bloodbraid. When I have 7 lands in play gerry doesn't know that I already drew mystical taechings, so her only wastes my 7th land and don't vindicates my 6th too, so that I am able to combo him out on my next turn.

Game 2
=======
I keep 4 lands, merchant scroll, electrolyze and sakura tribe elder. Gerry keeps 3 lands, demonic, fauna shaman, flametongue and obzedat. So the game starts without pressure for me again. Gerry draws mindcensor and is able to counter my tribe elder with it. I electrolyze it but gerry draws Green Suns Zenith for witness for mindcensor. I got everything for the combo, but gerry uses his shaman for a sin collector, then 3/4 angel and demonic for wasteland and suddenly I have no hand and an exiled scapeshift. I can stabilize the game once more, but after 3 rounds of land go I face a Domri emblem which eventually kills me.

Game 3
=======
Gerry takes a free mulligan and keeps 2 lands, confi, fauna shaman, sylvan lib, restoration angel, duress. I keep 2 lands, into the north, mystical tutor, coursor of kruphix, vendilion clique and merchant scroll. I play land and gerry's duress takes mystical. I play into the north and courser on my next turn which sees no land. I play probe for free, still no land. I the meantime gerry played his lib and finds a flooded strand and thoughtseize. So he is able to thougthseize me (taking into the roil) and play fauna shaman. I have serum visions on top and a sakura in hand. I hope to play a land... I see 6 more cards in my next turn, none of them is a land... the battle rages on for a while and I still have troubles to find more lands. Eventually I find the land and some weird mystical teachings which finds a force in the top 4 cards saves me the game (which is won by true name nemesis) which would otherwise have been lost.

Maqi

Maqi (4c Blood) vs. Silberhase (Ubg-Artifact Ramp) (2:0)

Game 1: Aven Mindcensor
Game 2: Aven Mindcensor

;)

Promole

Promole (Goodstuff) VS captain-kaiiak (4C Blood) 2:0

G1: on the play: Wasteland, TNN, Witness, Wasteland -> Concession from the Captain
G2: on the draw: ME: T2 Ooze, CK: T3 Liliana OTV -> sac, ME T3 Geist oST and had removal for Loxodon Smiter so GG. Basicly I think G2 CK had Mana issues with just two seplls played it was no game. Sorry for that.

Thanks for the games

Vazdru

reminder @ dsck & goblinpiledriver

today is gameday, 9 pm
if you don't have time to play i recommend to use your vacation period
if your opponent doesn't show up drop me a line
otherwise have fun
Far below the earth

dsck

dsck90 on cockatrice

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver  (Abzan) vs  dsck  (4C-nonred-Goodstuff)
2:0

Game1:
I had a quick start with turn 1 Llanowar Elves; turn 2 Lotus Cobra, Fetchland and Eternal Witness. On my third turn I could assemble much pressure on the board with a classical Wilt-Leaf Liege plus a Scavenging Ooze. Meanwhile dsck could only play Sylvan Caryatid. But then on dsck third turn he played Lotus Cobra, Garruk Wildspeaker and a Beast token. Precombat I layed down Citadel Siege which pumped my Llanowar Elf to a 4/4 creature(with the bonus from the liege), I attacked leaving dsck only 2 life his Garruk and Sylvan Caryatid(I lost my S.Ooze). On dsck final turn he cycled Miscalculation and could had played Eternal Witness + Birds of Paradise, but he conceded.

Game2:
dsck had a screwed start with only 1 land and an Ancestral Vision, I had turn 1 Thoughtseize, turn 2 Green Sun's Zenith to Birds of Paradise, turn 3 Desecration Demon and turn 4 Duress(I choosed Mystical Tutor over Vindicate) plus a Sylvan Carytid. As dsck Ancestral Vision resolved he had finally three lands for a Vindicate to my Demon. My next threat was Obzedat, Ghost Council, which was handeled by Tainted Pact into Swords to Plowshares leaving him only 21 cards in his library. The next relevant card from my side was Sorin, Solemn Visitor, so I had Birds of Paradise plus a 2/2 flying vampire for dsck final 8 life. Then on dsck side appeared Brimaz, King of Oreskos. As I attacked him to 5 life (the 2/2 vampire with the +1/+0 ability), I destroyed his Braimaz with an Abrupt Decay and I played Bitterblossom for the long run. On the second last turn dsck played Courser of Kruphix and a Fetchland whitch only finds a tapped Temple Garden. To seal the game I layed down Surrak, the Hunt Caller which gave himself haste, dsck sacrifed his Courser and stabilized so his life. On dsck last active turn he played Scavenging ooze to gain Life. In the final turn Surrak gave the new Faerie Token haste and so with the +1/+0 ability from Sorin,S.V. there was enough damage on the board for the kill.

Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Maqi

Maqi (4c Blood) vs. Promole (5c Goodstuff) 2:0

Game 1: I am on the draw and get a t2 Q. Pridemage into play. Promole has nothing and passes his turn to me with 3 lands untapped. I attack for 3 with the cat and play Treetop. He eots Vendilion Clique. I have Dromoka's Command which grows Pridemage to a 4/4 (because of the lingering exalted trigger) and let the cat fight the fae to death. He snags a Kolaghan's Command from my hand which is all gas nevertheless.

He plays Ajani Vengeant and locks my Pridemage down. On my turn I play my fourth land and drop Siege Rhino. He untaps and Council's Judgements my Rhino and shoots my cat with his Cat-walker (down to 2 loyalty), leaving U and R mana up.

I untap and attack Ajani with my treetop, leaving BW open to maybe counter a bolt he might have with Zealous Persecution. He has nothing and his Walker dies. He follows up with nothing and begins to flood. The next turn I drop Thrun (in favor of other threats mostly because of fear of counterspells). He has nothing and my team of Thrun + Treetop takes him down in two turns.

Game 2: He's on the play again and opens with scryland (leave on top). I have t1 Bloodcrypt => Thoughtseize and take a StP from his hand (the rest is Lightning Helix, Negate, Ponder and lands iirc). He draws his scried card which is Wasteland and destroys my Blood Crypt with it. Ponders also.

I untap and deploy Forest. He untaps and plays Creeping Tar Pit (not leaving open Negate). This in turn opens a window for my Sylvan Library (which is very important atm because I have no other lands). He untaps, plays a land and says go. I untap, draw three with Sylvan and pay 4 to keep Woodland Cemetery and Anafenza. I play my land and the Khan which is safe against Negate and Helix. It sticks. From there we go a little back and forth but I have the upper hand basically all the time and steadily add more pressure to the board. He complicatedly removes my Sylvan Library and my Anafenza by using Dromoka's Command (counter on Anafenza + sac enchantment) and using Forked Bolt + Helix to kill the 5/5. At some point he Kolaghan's Commands a Scavenging Ooze I added to the board before it could grow to a 3/3. Handily I have Loxodon Smiter for the discard. ;)

GGs to Promole. I just had draws that lined up very well against what he got.

dsck

Vazdru (4c blood) vs dsck (dark bant)

G1 Vazdru wins roll. He thinks his hand a long time and keeps, I feel like he has slow keep and mulligan my own slow hand and try to find hand with mana elf to accelerate. I find decent hand with lotus cobra and then my first draw is mana elf. Vazdru leads with turn 2 zenith for birds, turn 3 loxodon smiter. I go elf, t2 cobra + aven mindcensor which screws Vazdrus mana. Then i start beating in the air while deploying kitchen finks and other durdly ground creatures and add celestial colonnade to eat his life total in the air. Little later I draw into cruise which finds me dig through time which sets up win with cryptic command tapping his defence.

G2 Vazdru has no turn 1 elf while I have and curve into elf, qasali, edric, sword of feast and famine + geist of saint traft same turn. He has only black/green creatures and game is aven mindcensor to buy time for some form of removal to the sword but he draws only lands.

2-0 for me. I feel that 4c blood has the edge on this matchup because it has burn to stop my fast starts and reach to kill me before I manage to stabilize and take over with card advantage.
dsck90 on cockatrice

Senshuken

Round 2

Senshuken (UWb Control) vs GoblinPiledriver (Abzan) 2:0

Game 1:

The game starts with Avacyn's Pilgrim which gets countered by Mental Misstep. Nothing happens until turn four when Thrun, the Last Troll enters the battlefield. I answer with Elspeth, Knight-Errant summoning a Soldier.
Both die to Thrun with the help of Zealous Persecution and a 5/6 Tarmogoyf joins the troll. Because of Karakas on Piledriver's side Thrun threatens to return again and again, so I transmute Tolaria West for Wasteland and luckily find Wrath of God.
Thrun reappears next turn via Unexpectedly Absent and threatens a sudden death in conjunction with Citadel Siege on Khans. Dig Through Time helps stabilizing the board by finding Council's Judgment and Maze of Ith.
After having taken control over the game with Jace Beleren and Mystical Teachings for Snapcaster Mage. I am able to find Rest in Peace plus Helm of Obedience and can even tutor for Misdirection against a potential Abrupt Decay
but I am overeager and leave too little mana open to counter his Dromoka's Commmand! Very close to losing I can scrape a defense together with Supreme Verdict and Timely Reinforcements.
Celestial Colonnade prevents the defeat and attacks enough times for victory.

Game 2:

Early in the game we trade cards; Qasali Pridemage is put into the library via Oust, Knight of the Reliquary and Brimaz, King of Oreskos both get countered.
He follows up with some very impressive turns which are facilitated by Sylvan Library. Lotus Cobra into Fetchland summons Liliana of the Veil.
Swords to Plowshares sends his Cobra farming and Timely Reinforcements take a stance against the evil Planeswalker.
Supported by Vedalken Shackles the Soldiers take down Liliana, but Garruk Relentless poses a new threat. Fact or Fiction and Sphinx's Revelation pull me ahead in cards
and GoblinPiledriver can apparently not find useful cards with Sylvan Library.
I can nullify all creatures with Moat and Humility which gives me time to find Rest in Peace and Helm of Obedience.