[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XXV

Started by Vazdru, 24-02-2015, 02:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

reports & replays Season XXII matches
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

Baghira (Abzan Pattern-Rector) vs Vazdru (4c Reanimator)

g1: he rolled 20 and started, i mulled a hand with 3 lands, Sickening Dreams, Inquisition, Sphinx of the Steel Wind and Treasure Cruise into 3 lands, Ponder, Brainstorm, Mental Misstep and Jin-Gitaxias which i've kept, so his T1 SDT got countered and i started with Ponder to find Arid Mesa and FoW. He had Duress T2 and took Stitch Together.
After Brainstorm + eot fetch I've already had a decent hand. His first creature on board was Murderous Redcap and my plan was eot Tainted Pact into Reanimation-Spell for Lightning Axe + Discard Jin-Gitaxias. But the Pact was weird and I revealed card after card without finding Animate Dead, Exhume, Reanimate and so...this happend bout 25 cards since i revealed Oath. As i've already exiled 5 creatures I took it instead as I had still FoW + Jin for his potential removal (except Decay obviously) - Oath hit the board and revealed Sire of Insanity into Inkwell Leviathan into Titania, Arbor Protector which wasn't that impressive but still good enough to win this game against his small dudes.

g2: i mulled to following 6 this time: Elesh Norn, Titania, Urborg, Dark Depth, Tespian Stage, Forbidden Orchyard - Scry 1 for Faithless Looting which stayed on the top. He had no T1 spell in his turn and i started Orchyard for Looting, discarding Elesh + Titania. He had eot Worldly Tutor for Ooze which made things more complicated as I didn't find Reanimate-Spell from the top. I changed my plan and try to assemble Dark-Depth-Combo but 4/4 Ooze, Smiter + Spirit Token have been too fast by one turn.

g3: I've had 3 lands, Sire of Insanity, Titania, Demonic and Mana Drain which seems not unfair enough so i mulled the 4th time in this match, he took his first free mulligan. Now I've had 4 lands, Iona, Dace, Dance of the Dead so I've had some kind of Protection, Fattie + Reanimation..I've kept looking for some discard outlet. Meanwhile he went down to 6 and kept risky hand with Fetchland, Cradle, Lotus Cobra, Wall of Roots, GSZ and Thragtusk. He played Inquisition T2 which got countered. As he didn't found any lands and denied playing GSZ for Dryad Arbor (if he has any in his deck?) he stumbled on two lands. I've got Thoughtseize from the top, targeting me and a 8/8 Iona hits the board denying his further green spells as I was in fear of Reclamation Sage or Creature-Tutor. With Bayou and Cradle in play and a hand of green-cards he lost within 3 swings of Iona.

1:2

thanks for the ggs and gl in next round!  
Far below the earth

TaZi

TaZi 2:1 GoblinPiledriver

Game 1
=======
I keep a hand with 2 fetchlands, preordain, counterspell, arc trail, kavu, lavamancer on the play while Jochen keeps 3 lands, cultivate, arc trail, thragtusk and cryptic command. I start with the lavamancer which swings for several turns. Jochen draws senseis top from the top and merchant scroll afterwards. On his third turn Jochen doesn't play his cultivate but passes the turn. In the meantime I've drawn 2 lands and a ruination, but have Port and volcanic while jochen has only basics and fetchlands. I try a dig through time eot, which resolves and so I also try the bribery on my turn, to find a primeval titan. He has no titan in his deck, but my fears are confirmed, that he plays scapeshift. So I think he has to have the titan in his hand, which would pose a serious problem on the next turn. Hence I take his vendillion clique only to see no titan either but cryptic, merch. scroll, cultivate and the tusk. I take the scroll, to stop him from comboing. Now he cracks his fetchlands for 3 nonbasics, plays another one and bounces his clique. So the ruination is looking good again and wins the game effectively.

Game 2
=======
We both take our free mulligan and keep: bonfire, force, small jace, brainstorm, treasure cruise, 2 lands (me) and cryptic, spell pierce, fact, electrolyze 3 lands (jochen). He plays lumbering falls and my jace is suddenly looking worse... He continues with into the north, which makes things even worse. His fact resolves on turn 3 and a young pyromancer is starting to build a board presence. Eventually I will never cast the jace this game and his wins by conventional beatdown.

Game 3
=======
I keep, forked bolt, serum visions, back to basics, batterskull, vedalken shakles and 2 lands. He keeps 4 lands, preordain, snapcaster, courser of kruphix. I start with the vision and draw senseis top. He does preordain into natures lore and has 3 basics in play which renders the B2B pretty useless. So I play the freshly drawn dack fayden and start shaping my hand. He goes for three visits into courser, but shakles pose another serious problem on my next turn. Now he has 7 lands in play and teachings in hand, but I find another counterspell with dack and from then on I'm allways one step ahead and the batterskull eventually finishes him, as he has no real plan B.

dsck

dsck (RDW) 2:0 Tobias (UR control)

G1 I curved on the play, he had Arc Trail and tutored Bonfire but I had enough gas.

G2 I had all creatures hand with bunch of 1 drops, Tobias had turn 1 ancestral. I got him low enough life total before he stabilized with full grip of cards and fireblast finished things off.
dsck90 on cockatrice

Joern

Promole (BUG?) 0:2 4C Joern (Goodstuff (w/o R))

Game 1:

- Promole begins and is satisfied with his hand: 3 Lands, DRS, Baleful Strix, Spell Pierce and Mana Leak.
- Free-Mulligan for me. Then i kept: 3 Lands (1 cipt), Noble Hierarchm Tidehollow Sculler, Natural Order, Jace, the Mind Sculptor

1: Promole starts with cipt-land, I draw Quasali Pridemage and play Bayou and Hierarch.
2: Promole plays Land, Baleful Strix. I draw dismember, play Land, Tidehollow Sculler and see the 2 Counters for my early Natural Order. ok then: I take Deathrite Shaman with Sculler.
3: Promole plays cipt-land. I play land, then dismember on baleful strix (with 2 mana open), he counters with mana leak (yeah!), then i play qasali Pridemage.
4: Promole plays land, go (no BB for liliana). I attack with Sculler (with 2 Exalted-trigger) and sac pridemage for baleful strix before blockers declared.
5: Promole draws the right land for liliana and plays it: -2. I sac tidehollow sculler, he gets deathrite back and plays it (if he plays DRS, he has only spell pierce!). after drawing 3 lands in a row, I played natural order in my turn with 2 mana open into his spell pierce. Resolved. Searches Wasteland and Creeping tar Pit.
6: Promole plays Unearth on Baleful Strix, Liliana -1 and Gurmag Angler. I draw land, play Jace TMS, bounce Gurmag Angler and attack with Titan (Maze of Ith, Celestial Colonade) into Liliana. He blocks with baleful strix and both die.
7: He cycles (Preordain, Miscalulation) into ruinous Path and kills Jace. I draw Snapcaster and attack with treetop village and creeping tar pit. Maze untaps Tar Pit for snapcaster action.
8: He plays Treasure Cruise and nothing else. EOT: I play Snapcaster and flashback dismember for his DRS (He has 2 blue sorces). I draw mystical Tutor, attack with my 2 Manlands and Snapcaster mage. He plays Snapcaster Mage and blocks mine. Hes on 5 life. I use my wasteland for his lonely sandbar (no blue mana left for him).
9: Gurmag Angler, go. EOT: Mystical tutor for path to exile. Path to exile for Gurmag Angler, Attack with my Manlands. GG

Game 2:

- Promole freemulliganed, then goes to six with a risky hand: 1 Land, Deathrite Shaman, SDT, Heroes Downfall, Shadow of Doubt, Toxic Delatsch
- Free-Mulligan for me: I kept a mediocre hand with 4 Lands, Noble Hierarch, Thrun and Putrid Leech (which i cant play the whole game while lacking black mana)

Game Description: krasser Manascrew on Promole's Side. Thrun on turn 3 on my side. He's looking for mana for 4 /5 Turns. I played Wasteland on his second land with fow backup (i can hardcast it ;-). Thrun (+Hierarch) killed him. His Toxic Deluge (1 Turn before his death) is countered. GG - No credits for this game ;-).

Thx for the games, Promole.

Dr. Opossum

5 days left. The following results are missing:

Senshuken vs. Maqi
Silberhase vs. lulus
K0d013e4st vs. Payron

Vazdru

Reminder:
This Sunday is gameday.
Missing matches of round 1 start 9 pm cet automatically.
If you don't have an opponent drop me a line - i will be online.
Otherwise have fun.
Far below the earth

Silberhase

Silberhase (Artifact Combo) vs. Iulus (RG-Ramp) 2:0

Game 1: I had solid starting hand with turn 2 City of Traitors into Coalition Relic and turn 3 Thran Dynamo into Jace. He had Manland for Jace, but then I could drain his Natural Order and draw many Cards with Braingeyser. Finally I had Mindslaver Lock with Sharuum and Karakas.

Game 2: I had really nice start with turn 1 chrome mox into talisman and t2 Crucible with a fetchland (my only land in opening hand XD). He had turn 1 pilgrim and 3 Vengevine, I had t3 Tezzeret the Seeker and I could him protect with Chain of Vapor. Turn 4 i found Academy and Buried Ruin with Intuition (and Crucible on board) and Mindslaver with Demonic Tutor, so i got him again in a Mindslaver lock.

Payron

K0d013e4st (UR) vs. Payron (UWb)

first game: I keep my first 7, but kodo drops to 6 and is stuck on 2 lands. I make some small advantages with Think twice and other instant draw spells. After a couple of turns I play a Restoration angel which slowly beats him down.

second game: We both keep 7 cards and played a bit draw go. at some point I reaveld Entreet the Angels from the top which he responded with a snapcaster, but I could response with Spell Snare. He trys to find an answer with Brainstorm and Dig through time, I realy don t know how, but my Entreet resolves and I have 3 Tokens which end the game quite fast. I raced a bit with gutter snipe and burn spells, but a Sphinx revelation on 6 cards and 6 life sealed the deal.

0:2

Maqi

Maqi (4cNoElfBlood) vs. Senshuken (UW Control) 2:0

g1: I win the roll. He has Leyline of Sanctitiy on t0. Fine, my t1 Thoughtseize is useless. I have t2 Sylvan Caryatid and follow that up with Ajani Vengeant, Gideon, AoZ, Lili and double Sword. My cards aren't fully efficient because of Leyline but I continually add to my board and he is on the backfoot all the time.

g2: He leads with t1 Island, t2 Celestial Colonnade (which indicates a quirky mana draw on his side). I am able to deploy t2 Confidant which proceeds ot draw about 7 cards with 0 dmg (all lands) over the course of the game. There is one deciding moment (t3 and t4) where I drop Cobra, Land and double discard him with Thoughtseize and Inquisition (taking Gideon and Timely Reinforcements) to leave him with only Elspeth as his t4 play. He plays accoridng to script and Zealous Persecution neatly handles the Elspeth along with the soldier on my next turn.

Thx for ggs!

Vazdru

for those who have played their match round 2 already: please post the result & report
for those who haven't played their match round 2 yet: probably neither Dr. Opossum nor me will be online on gameday, if you are online at 9 pm CET and don't have a partner, please wait 10 min and then post in this thread that your opponent is missing
otherwise have fun and play your match till the given deadline this Sunday!
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Maqi (4c Blood) vs Vazdru (4c Reanimator)

g1: He won the roll and went down to 6 while I've kept: Bazaar + 4 lands + Mental Misstep + Magister of Worth. He started with Treetop Village, i played Bazaar and passed. He found Inquisition of Kozilek and i payed two life for Misstep to give him no information about my hand - I maybe better have used Bazaar for discarding my last target for Inquisition, who knows  ::). EOT i used Bazaar revealing Titania, Rune-Scarred Demon discarding Magister, Demon and Island. I found Inquisition on my own from the top which let him discard Eladamris Call leaving him with: Cobra, Restoration Angel and Land. In his turn he only played Cobra and passed. Bazaar was digging deeper but can't find a reanimation spell, so hand-size dropped fast and gy extended to 15. Finally i've cast reanimate for Demon for tutoring Exhume (he had no creatures in gy), my life dropped down to 8. As further backup i dropped Maze of Ith as he had 3 potential attackers (Treetop, Angel + Cobra). Playing Exhume I had to choose between Inwell Leviathan, Magister, Sire of Insanity, Titania and Sphinx of the Steel Wind which i finally took as he had no hand card and was down to 12 lp while I've had 12 power on the board after exhume. I pondered a while to take Titania for 3 5/3 (had another fetch-land) but seemed worse as i wanted to seal the deal with life-gain next turn. So he had one draw ... Tainted Pact. With ~ 25 cards in the library he revealed Swords to Plowshares but declined to take this as he didn't wanted me to get that lifeswing. In the end he had no cards left in his library so i won.

g2: my first seven: Marsh Flats, Wasteland, Demonic, Show and Tell, Kolaghan's Command, Ashen Rider and Sphinx of the Steel Wind were rejected. Afterwards I've drawn a decent hand to curve out: he started with tapped land, my Thoughtseize revealed: 1 land, Tarmogoyf, Fauna Shaman, Dromaka's Command, Lili and Ob Nixilis, so Goyf hit the bin. T2 he played Fauna Shaman as expected and i killed it with Izzet Charm. T3 he had only a Tapped-Land as i could drop Dack Fayden on an empty board. He turned his 4 lands sideways and Siege Rhino tried to pressure me, but i had Lili on my own and so 2 Planeswalker on an empty board. T4 he played Lili which obviously couldn't turn the table for him. As Dack has found Life from the Loam meanwhile Dack + Lili had generated some weird card advantage and so Demonic Tutor for Animate Dead to bring back Ashen Rider sealed the deal while he had no permanents left other than lands.

0:2

Thanks for the ggs!
Far below the earth

Maqi

Quote... Tainted Pact. With ~ 25 cards in the library he revealed Swords to Plowshares but declined to take this as he didn't wanted me to get that lifeswing. In the end he had no cards left in his library so i won.

... happens when you dig for Path to Exile and forget you don't play one!  ;D

ChristophO

TaZi

TaZi 2:0 Payron

game 1
=======
Payron starts but mulls to 6 and after vindicating my small jace, my big jace sticks and evetually brings home the game together with bloodmoon which kills all white sources.

game 2
=======
he starts again but miraculously my small jace stick, then dack fayden sticks and then ral zarek sticks and the game is again over very soon.