Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XXV

Started by Vazdru, 24-02-2015, 02:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Opossum

2 days left. The following results are missing:

Maqi vs. Goblin Piledriver

Maqi

Maqi (4c Blood) vs. goblinpiledriver (4c Scapeshift)

g1: (play) I have a fast curve start with Aether Vial into Fleecemane Lion, Gideon and Huntmaster. I overwhelm his mulligan to 6 easily.
g2: (draw) I have a slow curve and he has counters for everything. He Scapeshifts me in the end.
g3: (play) I don't have much besides DRS, Goyf, Cobra and Inquisition. DRS gets bolted, Goyf sticks and starts bashing for 4 a turn. My Inqui gets leaked. I drop Cobra. When he tries to clean my board with a Toxic Deluge for 5 I show him Dromoka's Command which saves my Goyf ftw ;)

2:1

Thank you for the ggs, Jochen. Cu!

Vazdru

pls take notice of Dr. Opossum's announcement before you post the report of 4th round  ;)
http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=1147.msg12040#new
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Dr. Opossum

6 days left. The following results are missing:

Maqi vs. K0d013e4st
Goblin Piledriver vs. Baghira
Senshuken vs. Joern

Reminder:

Please keep in mind that the Christmas days are within the 6 remaining days.

The results and reports will be send directly to me as PM and will not be published in the forum yet.

Dr. Opossum

2 days left. The following results are missing:

Maqi vs. K0d013e4st
Senshuken vs. Joern

Vazdru

today is match-day
I will be available at 9 pm CET at cockatrice
Far below the earth

Dr. Opossum

Reports for Round 4:

Goblin Piledriver(Dimir-Scapeshift)  vs  Baghira(Abzan Pattern Rector)

Game 1:
I kept a hand with 2 lands, Sensei's Dvining Top, Condescend, Demonic Tutor and 2 expensive cards. Baghira started slow with Carrion Feeder and Wasteland, while I didn't found another land with the Top. As I had again 2 lands Baghira goes into his combo and it was over.

Game 2:   
Baghira started this game with only 2 lands and played first turn Worldly Tutor for Sylvan Caryatid, later he played Wall of Roots and Demonic Tutor while I had Force of Will and Cryptic Command in hand and didn't counter anything. I couldn't cast the Cryptic Command due to a lack of blue mana, and I wanted to spare the Force for the final winning spell. After he played Demonic Tutor he directly layed down Thespian Stage. So really he had both cards for the 20/20 Marit Lage Token, where I had Mystical Teachings for Repeal for this Threat. In the follwong turn I played Demonic Tutor for Radiant Flames destroying two of his mana sources, so with the Thespian Stage and Dark Depths he totally lost 4 mana sources/lands. 2 turns I have enough lands for the final tutor into Scapeshift.

Game 3:
In this game I layed True-Name Nemesis turn 3. Additionally I had Rishadan Port and a few Counterspells, so Baghira couln't cast important spells. One turn before the end I countered his Siege Rhino and shot him with Lightning Bolt to 0 life.

Tazi (Izzet Control) vs Vazdru (4c Reanimator)
Reanimator has a high variance, in g1 it performed far above the average level. My starting seven were 3 Lands, Thought Scour, Animate Dead, Oath of Druids and Primeval Titan:
I won the roll and started with fetchland - go. Eot i fetched and Thought Scour sent Ashen Rider + Inferno Titan to gy   ;D. Turn 2 i played Animate Dead for Interno Titan. He had one Jump-Blocker with Vendillion Clique T3, Turn 4 he tried Jace, the Mindsculptor...but last unknown card for him (redraw for Vendilion Clique) was Force of Will    ::) for gg T5.
Game 2 I've had an awesome hand again: Mox Diamond, 3 Lands + Bazaar, Mana Drain, Tainted Pact. He had Scry-Land + Gitaxian Probe on the play. There were some draw-go action for a while since my Tainted Pact resolved...about 10th card till Life from the Loam was revealed which worked fine with Bazaar and furthermore added some dudes to the gy. Finally I've had the chance to reanimate Iona, who shuts down his blue spells. Of course he had Thundermaw Hellkite for a swing of nine damage, dropping me from 19 to 10 lp. I slow-rolled and sculpted my hand a bit and when he attacked with Dragon once more and tried to finish Iona with Lightning Bolt i've had Mental Misstep for his concession.
0:2

Thanks for the ggs!
Cya in the finals ;-)

Iulus with Green-Devotion 2
tollkroll with Izzet 1

Game 1: I mulligan to 6. He handled my Rofellos and Joraga Treespeaker and dropped Vendilion Clique, Flametonge Kavu and True-Name Nemesis while i stuck on 2 lands.
Game 2: He mulligans to 6 . Turn 1: Noble Hierarch, Turn 2: Utopia Spawl, Turn 3: Sylvan Libary 2x (Remand), Turn 4: Huntmaster of the Fells (Electrolyze), Turn 5: Nissa, Worldwaker, Turn 6 (nice one): Nykthos Shrine, Eternal Witness, Huntmaster of the Fells (Mana Drain) + Primeval Titan + 2 Lands. He played Mystical Tutor end of turn for Rolling Earthquake and wiped the board (he had 9 lp left). Turn 7: Hornet Queen + Dryad Arbor. He plays Jace Architect (+1) and I played Overrun Turn 8 for gg.
Game 3: We both kept. Turn 1: Forest, Turn 2: Rofellos (Daze), Turn 3: Voyaging Satyr, Turn 4: Strangleroot Geist (Spell Snare), Turn 5: Tectonic Edge + Birds, Turn 6: Acidic Slime destroyed his Mountain. He plays Vendilion Clique at end of my drawstep which reveals Primeval Titan, Surrak the Huntcaller and Forest. Turn 7: Titan gone, Surrak, the Huntcaller joinded the army and attacked (trade Clique for Slime). He played Flametonge Kavu for Surrak. Board: Satyr, Birds, 6 lands vs 4 lands + Flametongue Kavu. So topdeck no. 1: Turn 8: Flying 8/8 Dragonlord Atarka killded Flametongue Kavu. He played Glen Elendra Archmage. Turn 9: Thragtusk. He played Treachery while he was on 1 lp and added Dack Fayden to the board. So board looked like: 3 lands, Dragonlord Atarka tapped + 2 Islands untapped, 2 handcards, Archmage + Dack Fayden on his side and Tragtusk, Birds and 7 lands on my side, no handcard. Topdeck No. 2: Turn 10: Mistcutter Hydra for gg.

Silberhase (Artifact Combo) vs Payron (esper)

First game: i hold a hand with lands gerrats verdict and clique and snap caster and thought a while if i should keep it with 0 counterspells, but in the end mull on 5 on Silberhase's side was pretty good 4 me so i kind of locked him out of the game.  and clique was also pretty good presure.

second game: Well i had a thoughtseize, mana leak, fact 4 lands ... actualy awsome vs his deck, but only a tappen black source and he played turn 2 Timetwister. After that it was an easy game 4 him, with enough mana Muddle as counter and memory jar.

game 3: I had an pretty average hand with 1 counter enough lands, mystical tutor and dragonlord ojutai. He wasn t realy active the first couple turns and i countered a mana stone (miscalculation wouldn t counter anything else if he ramps up) and had nothing turn 5 then dragonlord which he answered it with ensnaring bridge, but i had my mystical tutor in my upkeep with concils judgment. he saved his bridge with cain of vaipors. ojutai connected and found cryptic command (but tapped out). he replayed his bridg, which i bounced with command at end of his turn but he could sac it some how (trading post?) and i could go in again and found fact or fiction with ojutai which sealed the game because it found me counterspell.

gg's

1:2

Maqi vs. K0d013e4st

0:2

Concede/ Drop -> without report

Senshuken vs. Joern

Where is your report??

Vazdru

TaZi and me expected that there are no errors in Swiss final standings and played the Semifinal already.

Tazi (Izzet Control) vs. Vazdru (4c Reanimator)
g1: I've kept Mox + 3 Lands + Izzet Charm + Primeval Titan + Oath of Druids. I was able to reanimate Titan and dropped Oath of Druids while he tried to rerace with a few dudes. 0:1
g2: I've had T1 Thoughtseize and T2 Tainted Pact for Life from the Loam. When i tried to preasure him he had Venser for bounce Fattie and Bribery afterwards for Jin-Gitaxias and the win. 1:1
g3: He had Blood Moon and enough time for Bribery again for Iona stopping me playing black spells which sealed the deal although i've had 2 basic-lands in play, which should have worked even against Blood Moon in play. 2:1
g4: He keeps a weak hand which was revealed by Thoughtseize: Maze, Island, 2 Fetchies, Cascade Bluffs, Anger of the Gods, Cryptic Command which hit the bin. He had Mystical for Bribery again with 5 Lands in play but I've had Daze and a reanimated Griselbrand for 2:2
g5: There were some draw-go-action till he played Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker. I played Mana Drain which got countered by Force of Will and Sarkhan started hitting. 17 -> 13 -> 8. I've had Maze of Ith which should have been the turning point in this game but he slammed Rishadan Port and dropped me down to 4 lp. Meanwhile I've had Primeval Titan and Dark Depth-Combo online. So I've had 3 lines of play:
a) Second Maze for Defense (Thespian Stage)
b) 20/20 Token (Thespian Stage)
c) Makeshift Mannequin for Resolute Archangel to go back on 20 lp and probably the win in next turn too as he was on 10 lp.
As I've had Sensei's I was looking for Discard or at least Gitaxian Probe but can't find any, nevertheless I've tried option c) which was the wrong line in this case as he has hidden Counter Spell and Vendilion Clique as two last hand cards and Sarkhan finished me off one turn later. By hindsight I should have obviously tried to go line b) but it was late (and concentration died away) and I was in fear because of my low life-points, which let me choose the wrong play in this moment.

3:2 for Tazi

Thanks for the good games and gl in the finals!
Far below the earth

K0d013e4st

K0d013e4st (UR) vs. Payron (UWb) 3:2

G1 Was a close Game. My Pyromancer/Burn wins the race vs his Restoration Angel/Tar Pit Team when i was at 1 Life.
   1-0

G2 I mul to 6 but was able to put my Cyclops on board in turn3. Gush/Dualcaster gave me big
  Card Advantage after he tried to kill my cyclops with vindicate which i countered. The Turn After he conceed.
   2-0

G3 Jan countered my T3 Cyclops , T4 i can put True Name Nemesis on board. in his T5 he draw many Cards
  with nights whisperer & Treasure Cruise. The turn after i draw Thunderous Wrath and attacks . eot he casts Mystical
  Tutor for Terminus and stabalize. After Many draw/go rounds he turns the game into his favor and added Clique &Elspeth
  Sun Champion.At the last round i have lethal with eot Clique & earthquake protected by Counter.But the Card he draws
  with Clique was FOW. I Conceeded
  2-1

G4 T1 i Dazed his Thoughtseize. T5 i was able to play Ruination (with FOW). After that he just had 2 Islands.
  (Me: 2Islands,1 Mountain) My bad i didnt find any more Land and Jan draws his Mana perfect and Kills me easy.
  2-2

G5 I Just Had Creatures on my Hand (Pyromancer,Scab Clan Berserker & Guttersnipe). I Played T2 Pyromancer.he adds Jace.
  T3 i Put Scab-Clan on board and hits him for 4.He adds True Name Nemesis. T4 I Played Thunderbreak Regent which hits
  him T5.T6 he cast supreme Verdict and cleared the Board.Eot i flashed Dualcaster in for nothing because his life is 9
  In my turn i added Guttersnipe with daze on Hand.He Plays Ponder which i dazed (-2).He Dismember my Guttersnipe for
  -2 life but didnt find a answer for my Dualcaster mage.
  3-2

Thanks for the GGs

TaZi

TaZi 3-2 Kodobeast

Game 1
=======
I keep a hand with 2 lands, preordain, jace, shakles and magus. Kodobeast keeps, preordain, mana drain, price, dack fayden and 3 lands. I start with land, preordain and decide to keep a lightning bolt, though I'd rather like to have a land. But against his tempo creatures a bolt is really nice. He also preordains and I play merchant scroll for brainstorm after not having drawn a land. He keeps mana drain open but the brainstorm resolves and finds a temple of epiphany. He plays his dack which is rather bad for me. The dayk gets burned down, but jace, vryns prodigy and nivix cyclops follow and they stick. All of a sudden, his hand of price, magma jet, force spike and rolling earthquake looks rather good. And indeed I'm not able to handly the pressure in time when a spellheart chimera joins the team.

0 - 1

Game 2
=======
I keep young pyromancer, dig, jace architect and 4 lands, while Kodobeast mulls to keep jace, vryns prodigy, lightning strike, burst lightning, top, chimera and 2 lands. I start with young pyromancer on my second turn which is quickly burned. I draw spell pierce and play merchant scroll for force to gain tempo and maybe protect jace one turn. Next turn I try jace, which resolves as kodobeast has drawn electrolyze and tries to kill it eot. Jace found a glen elendra archmage for me, so I give him up to force the archmage through and be also protected against nobasic landhate, as I only control 2 mountains and 2 nonbasics with a completely blue hand. The game becomes a grind evetually. He works down my archmage, small jace, clique, Jace TMS, bribery on scabclan berserker (which deals like 10 damage after he is renown). Eventually batterskull sticks and sarkhan also helps.

1 - 1

Game 3
=======
we both keep our starting hands (me: venser, treachery, mental misstep, wasteland and 3 other ones, he: 3 lands, magma jet, izzet charm, miscalc, repeal). Now he starts with kiln fiend which gets arc trailed, magma jet goes to my head, which makes me happy but somehow I'm not able to handle dak fayden which is active on the next turn for about 10 rounds and eventually wins the game...

1 - 2

Game 4
=======
I have to come back again with a hand consisting of mental misstep, cryptic, preordain, dig, electrolyze and 2 lands. His starting hand consists of 3 lands, dack, fact, young pyromancer, lightning bolt. His first play is the pyromancer which is arc trailed. Again Dack hits the table but this time I have some business. He tries a fact which is met by cryptic which also bounces dack. So I gain momentum to cast bribery for true name on the next turn. This way he is able to dualcast (er mage) his own dig which nets him a ton of nice cards, but eventually he can#t kill me, but the True name nemesis kills him.

2 - 2

Game 5
=======
So it comes down to a Final of the Final... My hand: 2 islands, venser, jace architect, fire/ice, ponder, repeal. His hand after free mull: island, ponder, delver, fire/ice, dig, price, ruination. He starts with delver, which flips a mana drain immediately. At this point I drew an island and my ponder on the first turn also found a fetchland and hence red mana at least. Now I fear to take huge hits from the delver, but as kodobeast enters his first main phase and plays ponder I know, that he kept the somewhat shaky one-lander and has to find a land now, what he does. Nevertheless I'm able to fire the delver. He also had a second land in the ponder but has no additional business and price as well as ruination are quite dead. Mana leak counters my jace on my fourth turn and I check for more counterspells with vendillion clique. I see his hand of: ruination, price, dig, chain lightning, magus, dack. Everything may stay as it is and I resolve thundermaw hellkite which lets the clock tick rather fast. He has a barbarian ring in play and 7 cards in graveyard so I figure, that his play next turn should be: sac ring for 2 damage on the dragon, play dig to find a mountain, play mountain and chain lightning to kill the dragon. However it is quite late in the evening and he does it like that: dig through time, chain lightning on the dragon and trying to activate the barbarian ring. At this point I tell him, that he just lost his threshold and can't activate the ring. This makes him concede after a few moments of thinking.

3 - 2

we reconstructed a bit how the game might have played out and went to bed .

Vazdru

congratz Tazi!
thanks to all participants, hope to see you guys next season!
Far below the earth