Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XXV

Started by Vazdru, 24-02-2015, 02:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K0d013e4st

Joern (Goodstuff (w/o R))1:2 K0d013e4st (UR)

G1:Was a very close Game.Joern can handle my true-Name Nemesis and hits me with me his Karakas protected Doran a few turns.I try to kill him with 2 bolts, fireblast and dualcaster mage for lethal (FOW in Hand but no other blue card)but he played tainted pact for a counter and kill me with Doran next turn. 0-1

G2:I Start with Delver.Joern plays noble hierach.In my upkp i play Mystical for forked bolt / Delver flips and i shot his Noble.In his Turn he Dissmeber my Delver.After some Draw+Go and some eot bolts from me.he adds loxodon smither and Tasigur.I can handle his preasure with a cryptic command and have lethal damage with snapcaster +Rolling Earthquake. 1-1

G3:Joern Mul to 5 but came back in the game because i hold a passive hand. He was able to play entreat the Angels
For 2 against my Guttersnipe/Cyclops Team and kill my Cyclops and fliped Jace. Next turn i kill him with Guttersnipe attack. Cast Snapcaster into bolt folloewd by Fireblast 2-1

Thx for the ggs

Dr. Opossum

2 days left. The following results are missing:

Senshuken vs. lulus
Silberhase vs. dsck
Goblin Piledriver vs. Tobias
Baghira vs. Promole

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(Dimir-Scapeshift)  vs  Tobias(Izzet-Control) 2:1
Game 1:
Tobias mulled to 5, he had enough lands but only one red mana which I blocked with Rishadan Port. He Wastelanded my Port and played Grim Lavamancer and Magus of the Moon, I had only one Forest and one Island beneath the other red mana so I played Bring to Light into Arc Trail. After a few turns I played Courser of Kruphix answered by his Flametongue Kavu, the next turn I played Scapeshift for the win.

Game 2:
Tobias played early Jace Beleren which I could never handle. I played a few Spells and Fact or Fition but couldn't play succesfully a relevant Spell, especially against an active Grim Lavamancer. He played Back to Basics and countered my counter. In the end he had Glen Elendra Archmage and Thundermaw Hellkite which sealed the game.

Game 3:
Turn 2 I played Farseek which hit his Force of Will. Turn 4 Tobias played Magus of the Moon leaving him 4 red mana and I had one green and three red mana. After 2 idle turns I drew Arc Trail. A few turns later, where I countered his Dig Through Time with a Cryptic Command,I played a 4/5 Tarmogoyf which got answered by Ral Zarek and a Forked Bolt. He was outtapped so I played Scapeshift for the win.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Vazdru

Promole is on vacation (GP BrĂ¼ssel) and therefore uses his available vacation period (1 week)
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Silberhase

Silberhase (Combo Artifact) vs. dsck (RDW) 2:0

Game 1: He wins the coinflip and starts with t1 ghitu camp and t2 miracle thunderouth wrath, I start with t1 seat of the synod + expedition map and t2 ancient tomb+ worn powerstone. t3 he moltens my seat and i play vault of whispers, chromatic lantern and search for academy with map. On t4 he has Ankh of Mishra + Keldon Marauders but i get on t4 with basalt monolith into staff of domination and with frantic search enough mana to search for power artifact with demonic tutor and finally comboing out.

Game 2: He has now t1 stromkirk noble into t2 stormblood berserker into t3 zurgo bellstriker + mogg fanatic. I got t1 darksteel citadel, t2 tree of tales + azorous signet and t3 basalt monolith into mindstone + academy. On t4 i can drain his Chandra's Phoenix and it wasn't enough to kill me at all. I can again comboing with deserted temple in hand and tezzeret+wargate, which are tutoring rings of brightearth and staff of domination.

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 14-11-2015, 05:09:34 PM
Promole is on vacation (GP BrĂ¼ssel) and therefore uses his available vacation period (1 week)

promole is placed 25 out of 1938 after 12 rounds !
gogogo  :)
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Senshuken

Senshuken (UWb Control) vs Iulus (RG) 2:1

Game 1: I win the die roll and keep four lands, Spell Snare, Compulsive Research and Jace, the Mind Sculptor. So my first turns are scripted: I counter his two, cast Research on three and find Elspeth on four. He has Den Protector, which gets back Fauna Shaman. I can play Day of Judgment and Elspeth forces him to play creatures on the board. Eventually Jace puts me ahead in resources and winning becomes academic.

Game 2: I keep three lands, Engineered Explosives, Mystical Tutor, Negate and Misdirection. I decide to keep this hand. He starts with Kitchen Finks into Genesis Hydra for two. I just play lands. He finds Surrak the Huntcaller and I fall to seven life. I tutor for Terminus and wipe his board. After a Compulsive Research I do not find anything to handle his Acidic Slime and Dryad Arbor.

Game 3: I mulligan to another seven and keep four lands, Sensei's Diving Top, Humility and Day of Judgment. An early Fauna Shaman gets pathed and Jace, Architect of Thought forces him to play more creatures. He casts Natural Order to find Primeval Titan for Treetop Village. So my Humility is not optimal. Nissa, Worldwaker puts me under more pressure. Timely Reinforcements buys me time to resolve a Dig Through Time. I can handle his Nissa and Sphinx's Revelation puts the game in my favour. We play lots of extra turns while he is locked out with Moat and Humility until I find a victory condition.+

Thanks for the good games.

Promole

Promole vs Baghira 1:2

Baghira writes more details.

I drop

Baghira

Baghira 2 - Promole 1

Game 1:

Long story short- he Wasteland-locks me with Wasteland, Life from the Loam and CycleLands. Although it get a couple of basic lands online, I falter to Jace, TMS and True-Name Nemesis backed up by Counterspells.

Game 2:

T1 I Worldy Tutor for Voice of Resurgence and follow it up on T4 with Reaper of the Wilds, while Promole is forced to pitch Treasure Cruise to his own Vendilion Clique to find some action. He doesn't, and he dies a couple turns later.

Game 3:

Promole leads with Deathrite Shaman and counters my first two threats while I am stuck on 3 lands for a couple of turns. On turn 7, Promole has no cards in hand, 7 lands and DRS backed up by Tarmogoyf. I have 3 lands in play and 7 spells in hand. I then start to hit landdrops and cast Siege Rhino, followed by Karmic Guide, getting back Anafenza, the Foremost. This forces Promole to use Pernicious Deed. He then adds Gurmag Angler and Thrun, the Last Troll to his board while I find Recurring Nightmare. Nightmare finds Karmic Guide, and the Angel finds the Rhino. For the rest of the game, I basically just keep looping Angel with Rhino for the slow drain win.

dsck

Lost 1-2, I will drop. I think I got the worst possible matchups out of the possible ones for 2nd and 3rd round :'(
dsck90 on cockatrice

Iulus

Iulus with Green-Devotion 2
dsck with RDW 1

Game 1: He plays Molten Rain. 2 lands left and some Fatties.
Game 2: I have 3 lands, Tarmogoyf, Scavenging Ooze, Reclamation Sage and Fauna Shaman. Fauna Shaman died. Tarmogoyf was 3/4 and go most of the way. Reclamation Sage killed Ankh. When i play Primal Command for 7 Life and tutor Thragtusk he conceded.
Game 3: I take a mulligan to 6. Turn 1: Deathrite Shaman Turn 2: Voyaging Satyr Turn 3: Obstinate Baloth and he had only 2 lands and no pressure. Turn 4: Acidic Slime, Turn 5: Khalni Hydra + Nykthos, Shrine. Next turn Eternal Witness and he conceded.

Payron

Vazdru (Reanimator) - Payron (Esper)

First game: we both had a slow start, but at some point Vazdru played Bazar and Demonic Tutor for lftl with Wasteland in his grave. I started the game so he played turn 4 DT and I played EOT a Clique, in response he looted lftl away and showed me 2 lands. On my Turn 5 I did attack with Clique and added a Gideon to the board and just hoped that he wouldn't find a Reanimation spell with his top which was in play. He didn t and just tryed to make value with bazar, lftl and Wasteland, but my presure was huge. As he didn t found anything relevent he droped to 0, with counterbackup.

Second game: I just keeped a hand with Spell Snare 2 lands and some cantrips, but wasn t able to find another counter. My top was also countered by his Mental Misstep. He could resolve a Dack Fayden and some turns later baited me with a Demonic Tutor which was countered by my Spell Snare and followed up with an Dance of the Death on a P. Titan, which also searched for dark deepths combo. I had an restoration Angel and Dragonlord Ojutai in my hand paired with a land, which just offered no options so I conceded.

Third game: Well I thought about a kind of bad hand. Had enough lands and a turn 3 Tasigur followed up with a Vindicate on the play. Well if he can't reanimate something to fast I would be in good shape. In the end Gerry just drew realy bad therfore my hand was fast enough to win against his flood.

Sorry for the akward 3rd game.

1:2

K0d013e4st

Senshuken (UWb Control) vs K0d013e4st (UR) 1:2

G1:Eot bolts and Pop wins the Draw/Go game 0:1

G2:He starts with Layline of Sancity in Game and had all the answers he needed 1-1

G3:I mul to 6 and he starts again with Layline.I had a good curve with delver,Top,eot clique into b2b which locks
   him hard.Guttersnipe and double cast PoP with Jace Telepath Unbound wins me the game 1-2

Thx for the GGs

Baghira

Baghira (2) vs. Joern (0)

Game 1:
I keep a hand with Dark Depths and Thespians Stage, two more lands, Loxodon Smiter, Kitchen Finks and Swords to Plowshares.
Joern has a Manadork and some pressure but nothing to stop Marit Lage on Turn 5.

Game 2:
Joern pressures my Manabase early with Wasteland and Venser, Shaper Savant while he plays two Elves. I get Sylvan Library online and evoke Shriekmaw to kill Venser. Joern now misses his landdrops for a couple of turns in a row while I resolve Karmic Guide, bringing back Shriekmaw, and killing Avacyn's Pilgrim. Recurring Nightmare lets me rinse and repeat to kill both Elves. A couple turns later my combo kill is disrupted by Joern using Qasali Pridemage on Pattern of Rebirth, which now clears the way for my Parallax Wave. The value Karmic Guide and Recurring Nightmare create is to much for Joern to compete with, and in the end Shriekmaw and Thragtusk deal lethal damage.

TaZi

TaZi 2:1 Silberhase

Game 1
=======
We both take a free mulligan. I start with island, mountain, maze, bolt, force, blood moon, spell pierce. Silberhase keeps ancient tomb, scalding tarn, signet, demonic, metalworker, minamo, sharuum on the play. He starts with ancient tomb into UW signet. I play my island and on the next turn bolt his new metalworker. He does nothing on his next turn and keeps mana drain open. I play maze as I haven't draw any other land up til now. He tries a fabricate which resolves for vault of whispers. I miss my landdrop another time and try merchant scroll which is drained. I expect a big turn now but he only plays thran dynamo and demonic. At this point he has mystical and sharuum in his hand. I finally draw my land and drain the sharuum on his next turn. My turn now consists of 2 moons and a dig through time, which finds ral zarek and a random spell. I don't think that his final card is still beefy, but he plays his mystical eot for stroke and I'm quite lucky with my lonely daze that counters a stroke for 6. At this point he concedes.

Game 2
=======
He keeps a bit risky hand with island, top, enlightened, thpoter foundry, sylvan scrying, talisman and power artifact. My hand is ok, but lacks a bit power with 4 lands, remand, fire/ice and top. He starts with top and finds his second land with looking on the next turn. I also play my top and draw 2 lands. He draws basalt monolith without having to use the enlightened and I haven't found any answers yet. So the monolith resolves, power artifact resolves and enlightened is remanded. Still I have no answer for the enlightened and die.

Game 3
=======
I keep 2 lands, ancestral vision, preordain, force, bolt, electrolyze, while he starts with 2 lands, ponder, sylvan scrying, brainstorm, chrome mox, voltaic key. I let the scrying resolve and save the force for better business. But his hand without threads only draw more mana. I eventually force tezzeret and play jace TMS. He plays yagmoths will for brainstorm but still finds only more lands and concedes right away.