i spoke to hitman already
he is going to grant extra time (one week) for your match
final deadline is March, 22nd
anyhow plz try to finish your game asap
thanks in advance
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Georg B

Sorry, but I have the deadline for my bachelor thesis next week, so this weekend was busy. I hope we can play tomorrow, today I can't.

dsck

Georg Eggs vs dsck 4c Oath

Game1 I play early Liliana and not much else. Im forced to use my Lili ultimate after drawing only lands many turns in a row while Georg has Tolarian Academy and Tezzeret which searched Top. I misplay my Liliana ultimate completely and go on tilt (see game2).

Game2 I have early Liliana again but it gets Mana Drain'd, then I play my wasteland to his crop rotation trick and later I crack my Deed to his sensei's top + Voltaic Key combination when he had 1 mana open and he baited me with top activation.

Needless to say I've pretty much given up at this point but he needs to wheel of fortune for draw 7. I draw 4 lands of which one is tolaria west, innocent blood, muddle the mixture and swan song. I set up oath with swan song open hoping he somehow doesnt kill me next turn. Turns out he doesnt and then scoops when I tolaria west for wasteland after his failed combo turn.

Game3 I counter his crop rotation with spell pierce and bounce his lotus bloom on upkeep with repeal, then search loam wastelock while he is stuck on lands.

2-1 for me.
dsck90 on cockatrice

Georg B

Since I cant reach Top4 I will drop as well.

Maqi

Vazdru

just as reminder

Quote from: Vazdru on 21-01-2015, 09:21:42 PM

Decklists will be gathered before play-offs start. Top 4 rather Top 8 will be published before play-offs.

Higher Swiss Standing chooses in g1 in play-offs who gonna start.

intention:
decklists will be gathered before play-off starts -> players who allows spectators or writing some detailed reports shouldn't have a disadvantage in comparision to the one who doesn't
player with higher swiss standing chooses who gonna first in play-offs -> makes ID less attractive usually (for MaQi + Promole it still seems good to ID because both may start g1 in semifinals) 
Far below the earth

TaZi

TaZi (Scapeshift) 2:1 Kodobeast (Dream Halls)

G1: I got miscalc, memory lapse and goyf. This counters some relevant tutor und lapses the first toxic deluge on my goyf which costs 4 life. He also used an ancient tomb and after the second deluge for 4 (which I respond to with bounce on my goyf, what he counters) he is at 3. He got a sensei's top and no hand, I got no hand. For about 4 turns we draw nothing excepts counters (and a Kavu on my side). Then I find a treetopvillage which kills him

G2: he has a nice hand, and I'm not fast enough with clique+ treetop beatdown, so eventually he is able to combo on 2 life, even though I got force of will, which is pacted

G3: He mulls to 6 and is stuck on 2 lands for a while. I got a random 2 power dude (which eventually kills him) and some counters and the game is over pretty fast.

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (Izzet)   vs   Vazdru (4C-Blood)
2:0

Game1:
On my starting hand I had 2 Island, Pithing Needle, Price of Progress, Deprive, True-Name Nemesis and Magus of the Moon.
On Vazdru's starting hand were 2 lands, Deathrite Shaman, Golgari Charm, Vindicate, Falkenrath Aristocrat and Ajani Vengeant.
My first play True-Name Nemesis was answered by Vazdru with a Siege Rhino. Next turn I played Mystical Tutor for a Brainstorm to find a red mana source but didn't found one. Another turn later as I eot played Fact or Fiction Vazdru destroys my Nemesis with his Golgari Charm, in the Fact or Fiction there were 2 Fetchlands, Spellskite, Treachery and Price of Progress, I took the 2 lands and the Spellskite. I resolve the Spellskite and the Magus of the Moon(from the starting hand). In the next 2 turns I fall to 2 life and lost the Spellskite, then I can play Snapcaster Mage flashbacking Mystical Tutor to Bonfire of the Damned destroying his Deathrite Shaman and Siege Rhino. 2 turns later the game was over.

Game2:
I kept a starting hand with Island, Tectonic Edge, Brainstorm, Trinket Mage, Vedalken Shackles, Back to Basics and Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker, while Vazdru kept a hand with 2 lands(whithout red), Sylvan Library, Reclamation Sage, Lightning Helix, Thrun t.L.T. and Obzedat G.C. .
The first turns were like excpected with this starting hands, Vazdru played turn 2 his Sylvan Library, I played Brainstorm finding a blue fetchland searched Volcanic Island and played(on my turn 3) Blood Moon. The following turn Vazdru goes with the Sylvan Library to 12 life but didn't find a third land, plays the Reclamation Sage from his starting hand and so he destroys my early game plan. On my turn 4 I didn't find a fourth land, so we are both stuck on three mana Vazdru with 2 nonbasiclands and Sylvan Caryatid, and I on Island, Volcanic Is. and Tectonic Edge. in this turn I could choose between five cards:Trinket Mage, Jace Beleren, Magus of the Moon, Vedalken Shackles and Back to Basics. If i would play Back to Basics we both would be stuck on 1 mana, while Vazdru would had Sylvan Library and his 2/1 (Vanilla)Shaman. If I would play Trinket Mage the 2/1 Shaman would be handled but with only three mana the use of the new Sensei's Divining Top would cost mana which I could not easy afford. The use of Magus of the Moon would cut me from the second blue Mana, while Vazdru would had red and variable mana to hand. So there were only 2 good choices left Jace Beleren and Vedalken Shackles, I choose Jace Beleren for finding another land, and with Jace going up to 5 counters I found a basic Island.
In Vazdru's turn 5 he played Courser of Kruphix finding his third land a Plateau(so he had all colors together), I played eot Mystical Tutor to Order of Succession. So next turn I cast Order for the Courser, but I din't find a fifth land even with Jace going down to 2 counters, instead I drew Fire/Ice and revealing Bonfire of the Damned being on top of library. Vazdru killed my Courser with an Qasali Pridemage and killed my Jace with the Shaman. No surprise I miracled Bonfire destroying his Caryatid and Shaman, so I had still 4 lands on my board, while Vazdru had 3 lands and the Sylvan Library. With his 3 lands he cast Thoughtseize for my Magus of the Moon(leaving my Back to Basics on hand) and a 6/7 Tarmogoyf. I topdecked a fetchland and finally landed Back to Basics stifling me 2 untapped nonbasic lands and blocking Vazdru's three lands completely.
Next turn Vazdru didn't find a relevant card but hitting me on 12 life, while I topdecked another Nonbasicland and casting Bribery for his Butcher of the Horde (I more thought Thundermaw Hellkite or Obzedat,G.C. to be inserted in his deck(Obzedat was on his hand)). Then Vazdru topdecked Flooded Strand and hit me on 6 life. In the turn where I attacked him with the Butcher he falls to 3 life, Vazdru then cracked his Flooded Strand so I played Fire/Ice to seal the game.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (Izzet)   vs   Dsck (4C-Oath)
2:0

Game1:
On my starting hand I had 2 lands, 2 counterspells, 1 burnspell, Ancestral Vision and Back to Basics. dsck had 5 lands, Intuition and Sphinx's Revelation.
Turn 3 dsck played Intuition  for Brainstorm, Merchant Sroll and Sylvan Library, I gave him the Brainstorm. On turn 4, one turn before Anestral Vision would be played, I played Ral Zarek which got countered by a Mana Leak. On his next turn as I was tapped out dsck resolved a Garruk Wildspeaker which went up to 4 loyality counters. Dsck tried to counter my Ancestral Vision with a Memory Lapse where I had a Miscalcuation for it, in the Main Phase i resolved my Back to Basics, while dsck had only 1 basic Swamp and the untap ability of Garruk. Exact one turn later I resolved Jace, Architect of Thought against 5 untapped lands of dsck including 2 basic lands. As an answer to my Card Advantage dsck played his Sphinx's Revelation for X=5. In my next turn as he was tapped out I played Venser, Shaper Savant against his Garruk leaving him only with 3 basic lands. The next few turns I played Glen Elendra Archmage and Vendillion Clique. Later in the game I lost vendillion Clique but it were too much damage, as dsck played his Garruk Wildspeaker again the game was over.

Game2:
On our both starting hands we had 4 lands, plus on my side Spell Pierce, Bonfire of the Damned and Vendillion Clique, dsck had Enlightened Tutor, Impulse and Fact or Fiction.
Turn 2 he tutored Sylvan Library which I countered. On dsck Turn 4 he played Fact or Fiction and I played Vendillion Clique, dsck took the 2 card pile Three Visits and Damnation, while I took Sensei's Divining Top away from his hand. On my turn 4 I resolved Jace Beleren so we both had 5 cards in hand. In the following turn dsck played Three Visit and Maelstrom Pulse where I had a Daze to hiner him from that. On dsck turn where my Jace had only 1 loyality counter he played Treasure Cruise so we both had again 6 cards on hand. In the same turn he played Damnation and countered my Mana Leak with a Mana Drain. In the next turns I played Electrolyze, Lightning Bolt and Mystical Tutor for Price of Progress while dsck had only Abrupt Decay and a Preordain. In the final handcards I had 2 lands and a creature removal and dsck had 4 lands(due to a Life frim the Loam) and a creature removal.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Vazdru

2 decklists are missing

@ TaZi / MaQi
please try to add your list here before playing the semifinals
or just post the list in this thread
http://mtgpulse.com/event/19651#277747

MaQi and Promole may choose to start g1 in semis
Semis are bo5
http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=1079.0

Far below the earth

TaZi

TaZi 3-1 Promole

game 1
Promole plays first and I don't suspend ancestral vision to be able to counter smth. with my spell snare on his second turn. When he plays bitterblossom, I'm quite grateful, that I played it this way. Then the game slowly evolves. He has nothing but a 1/3 dude and I try to get some counter backup for a 20/20 token. Unfortunately he plays eot intuition for loam, wasteland and edge and starts destroying my nonbasics. I got on shot to go for an unprotected token, but it is countered. Meanwhile I was able to sneak a tarmogoyf in, which starts as a 5/6 and eventually gets the job done, when promole didn't find smth. for a few turns.

game 2
Promole starts with delver of secrets, which is a serious threat for me. But he kept a somewhat greedy 7 after the free mulligan. The second turn only has top for promole and no land. On the third turn the delver flips and a land is found. I can bounce the delver, but the bitterblossom sticks and kills me when joined by a vendilion clique, which takes my scapeshift in a crucial point of the game.

game 3
I start with ancestral vision, while promole has delver again. I condescend and augur of bolas and play wood elves on the third turn. Then the delver flips (revealing abrupt decay which is close to useless) and is putting on some serious pressure. But promole played no third land. I play ponder and repeal on the delver, while my elf gets darkblasted and the delver is replayed. Finally the vision resolves and I transmute into a thespian stage. The next turn promole finally found the third land and in response to my gitaxian probe plays a vendiolion clique on my turn. I have to leak that and see that I can play my Dark Depths relatively save and make a 20/20 dude, as I still got spell pierce to answer his cryptic in case he finds a land. He does and the game ends as anticipated.

game 4
he has an early tasigur which hits once then I have crop rotation in hand and mystical. He plays duress and takes dig through time. I play mystical eot for sylvan scrying where he responds which vendilion clique taking my crop rotation. So my DD Plan is killed but Sylvan Scrying finds a maze which is also very helpful. Next turn he even adds confidant to the board, but I play bonfire of the damned for 3 mana and pay his miscalculation. I wondered what he would play next and it is a jace which I can't counter. Jace is ticking up 2 points each turn now. Nevertheless I find personal tutor, phyrexian probe and a counter to spoil the fun, when I see that he even has not a single counterspell.

Maqi

Maqi (4c Blood) vs. GoblinPiledriver (Izzet Control) - 3:1

g1:
i play cause of swiss standings. I free mull and keep: Plains, Overgrown Tomb, Misty Rainforest, Qasali Pridemage, Kitchen Finks, Sorin, Lord of Innistrad and Lightning Bolt.

I play t2 Pridemage.

t3 I attack for 3. I play my 3rd land (Misty Rainforest). I drew Maelstrom Pulse and Noble Hierarch so far.

Now I have to consider what to fetch. To cast my Bolt, I need red mana. But that would mean I have to get a non-basic land. Against Izzet that is always dangerous. I therefore decide to fetch Forest and cast my Kitchen Finks with it. It resolves.

Should he have Moon or Magus, I can cast my Bolt with the non-basic Mountains. Against B2B I still have G and W at the ready.

He untaps and surely has Magus. I win from there although the game takes quite a while to finish. But he can never fully handle my board pressure.

g2:
I'm on the draw. I free mull and keep Marsh Flats, Verdant Catacombs, Plains, Plateau, Bitterblossom, Aven Mindcensor and Xenagos the Reveler.

He goes Island, SDT, Mountain over the first 2 turns.

I fetch for the safe Swamp and Forest (with Plains in hand) to be moon-proof. My attempt at Bitterblossom gets (somewhat predictably) countered by Izzet Charm. Ok, so no easy win. I will have to work on this game and need some topdecks (for now I have Demonic Tutor and a Snow-Plains).

He spins his top and can't find land number 3. From here on I squeeze my Aven Mindcensor on the board while he has mana tapped down because of spinning the top, get my Xenagos countered, but am able to stick a SoFi to the Aven. That's gg against a mana light opp.

g3:
Very interesting game. We fiddle back and forth a bit, faking counters and threatening/playing around moon.

I establish a safe base with Caryatid and basics. He has moon. From there It becomes a race between Stormbreath Dragon and Siege Rhino + Restoration Angel. We both fire bolts, he PoP's, I blink Rhino, I duress. After the dust has settled the board is stalled with him at 9 and me at 14. I duress his hand and take away his Flame Slash. His last card in hand is Pithing Needle (worthless at the moment).

I brick from the top. He topdecks Vedalken Shackles. gg.

g4:
I play. I free mull. Then mull to 6. Keep is Overgrown Tomb, Taiga, Verdant Catacombs, Scavenging Ooze, Loxodon Smiter, Anafenza.

I always looove Smiter on the play vs. Izzet. So it's a snap keep obv.

Turn 2 I draw Hymn to Tourach. Perfect. That substitutes my somewhat anemic Sc. Ooze play. But I only hit a Deprive and a Dig through Time. Could have been better.

Turn 3 I jam my Smiter into his UU. He thinks a bit which clearly signals Mana Drain. He has it and opts to play it for the mana boost.

On his turn he jams Jace TMS and bounces my Smiter. With the leftover mana he deploys an SDT but cannot find his third land for the turn.

I draw the Lightning Helix for his Jace. A game-deciding topdeck for sure. I also deploy my Ooze.

He continues to fiddle around with the SDT but cannot find lands in time.

I end the game with a 6/6 Ooze, some 4/4 Anafenzas and Smiters plus some Bitterblossom Faeries.

Vazdru

TaZi's decklist is now available
http://mtgpulse.com/event/19651#277874

@ Maqi & TaZi

gl in the finals and have fun
Far below the earth