Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XXIII

Started by Promole, 23-02-2015, 11:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Promole

1. Round

Promole (BUG) vs. Goblinpiledriver (UR) 2:1

1. game
I could resolve TNN on T3. He had Magus otm T3 but i could destroy it and and destroyed 2 other creatures played by goblinpiledriver as well. SO TNN run to victory

2. game
I could resolve a 4/5 Tarmogoyf early he had maze of ith. a couuple of turns nothing important happens unless he resolves jace beleren which drew him a couple of cards and he won the game with price of progress. for 8

3.game
I played Delver on T1 flipps t2 and countered 3 removal spells. Cast Tarmogoyf on T5 and won while Goblinpiledriver had no more answers.

K0d013e4st

1. Round

K0d013e4st (Dreamhalls) vs. dsck (4col Oath) 2:1

G1
He could resolve Sylvan Library and JaceTM . I try to go off at turn 5 with Dreamhalls and Enter the Infinite , but he found a Counter for Enter the Infinite with Dig Through Time.
Next Turn he casts Rune-Scarred for GG

G2
T5 he tutored(muddle) for Oath, played it and had allready Orchard on the board.In my turn i cast Show and Tell, put Omniscience into Play and cast Enter the Infinite for GG

G3
T5 I could resolve Dreamhalls and found Enter the Infinite in my extra draws for GG

Thx for the GGS

TaZi

Round 1.

TaZi (Scapeshift) 2 - 0 GeorgB (Eggs)

Game 1:
We played both some random stuff (eggs and lands) and then I countered some Tutors that seemed relevant for me. Eventually I played Scapedshift in the hope he had no counters himself, which worked.

Game 2:
There was again some egging, but this time he found less relevant cards and gave me more time to play Scapeshift again.

Vazdru

nice meta  with max. 2 copies of 4C Blood  ;D
i would place my bet on TaZi to win the tourney if i had to - let's see what happens...
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

TaZi

thanks for the props =)

4 of 8 decks being combo-decks is really a new situation. It's also nice, that Toffel may finally have found a deck that is strong and uses academy.

Vazdru

MaQi (4C Blood) vs Vazdru (4C Blood)

2:1

1st: he plays first, i free mulligan 5 lands + StP + Eternal Witness and keep two-lander with Thoughtseize, GSZ, Sin Collector, Lingering Souls, Garruk Relentless. Thoughtseize reveals Lands, Sylvan Caryatid, Aven Mindcensor + Path - i took Caryatid. T2 GSZ for Hierarch, T3 i played Sin Collector, he plays Eledamris Call in response for BB Elf (i took Path) and had the chance afterwards to go for Taiga with Bloodstained Mire. His Elf reveales Demonic Tutor (-> Gideon). I have Garruk and started to flood the board with some tokens. Gideon didn't stayed alive like BB Elf did. So Garruk + Spirit tokens took the win.

2nd: i free mulligan one-lander and got a hand w/o any - so i mull to following 6: 4 lands, Tasigur + Duress. He had T2 Confidant, T3 Kitchen Finks + T4 Siege Rhino which leads to 5 lp vs 23 lp. Then i started to take control but he fould sylvan libary which let him draw some extracards. In the end i blundered and he won with Aristocrats + Citadel Siege.

3rd: i keep Pilgrim, Hierarch, Spirit of the Labyrinth, Abrupt Decay + GSZ + 2 lands which isn't a good keep so I've lost.

This time i wasn't in good shape ... :-)

anyhow thanks for ggs! - lets see what happens in round 2

Far below the earth

Vazdru

and yes - i play Spirit of the Labyrinth because I've expected some combo-decks this time  ;)
and yes - sprit of the labyrinth isn't that impressive in mirror match  :)
Far below the earth

Promole

2. Round

K0d013e4st vs. Promole 0:2

G1
After Wasteland on both sides early I could resolve Tasigur T4 which gets immediately bounced by Jace TMS. So did Kitchen Finks. Ooze gets exiled by STP. I could bounce the Planeswalker EOT and counter the replay. Karakas on his side prevented me from playing Tasigur again. From that point on we played draw go for a couple of turns. At some point dirk used cephalid coliseum to discard omniscience and bring it back same turn with replenish. Reclamation Sage took care of the enchantment and together with kitchen finks did the job 2 turns later.

G2
We both kept after a free mulligan. Dirk had a slow hand so I could develop my board. A counter for his mass removal and for his dreamhalls plus a resolved Liliana otV on my developed bord brought him to concession.

Thx for the games. 

Vazdru

our second round match will take place Saturday 10 am
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Piledriver wins 2:0 and will post a little report
I drop, cya next season and have fun!

ps. plz dont forget deadline for this round is Sunday evening 9 PM CET
if you cant play your match till then and if you can't be online to given time you should use your vacation-time

Far below the earth

Maqi

Maqi (4c Blood) vs. Tazi (RUG Scapeshift?) 2:1

G1:
I lose the roll. He keeps his 7. I mull once. My hand is something like 3 land, Vindicate, Elspeth, Restoration Angel, Lightning Bolt. I know that I'm up against some kind of Scapeshift Ramp but am not sure exactly how his deck looks like. My hand is not very good but I'm hesitant to go down to 6. At least I have some good spells and enough land. I keep.

My reasoning is the following: Since he knows he is up against 4c Blood he might have kept a hand with early removal or sweepers like Anger of the Gods or Firespout. My hand would be able to blank a hand like this and I could then gain an edge via resistant threats and walkers.

Turns out, his build is mostly UG with many counters and card draw. Several turns later he resolved DtT, Compulsive Reasearch and other value stuff and buries me in CA. I manage to get a board with Resto, Garruk Wildspeaker and Anafenza that is threatening lethal but that board looks better than it is. He basically let me have it because it is irrelevant to his Dark Depths/Thespian Stage which he was able to assemble. I lose to Marit Lage.

G2:
Now that I know what to expect I can make better mulligan decisions. I choose to play obv.

My hand is very good. I have Noble Hierarch, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Liliana of the Veil, two lands, a Fauna Shaman and another card I don't remember. Basically my plan is to slip a Lili under his likely 2-mana counter and win from there.

I start with Hierarch go. He goes land go. I draw Hymn to Tourach and choose to go land, Hymn, Pilgrim. He has FoW for the Hymn but that is more than fine for me.
He proceeds with land and Into the North iirc. I draw Sorin, Solemn Visitor. Since he is now tapped out and I have 5 mana available (2 mana dorks + 3 land) I have to choose between two lines: a) drop Lili and Fauna Shaman (with only Sorin in hand) and then maybe not use Lili (because I want to keep the Sorin actually) or drop Sorin, make a Vampire and attack for 2 with the Pilgrim with the option to drop Shaman and Lili next turn.

I really want Lili to resolve because she is the usually the best key to victory in matchups like this. But the sequencing is just too awkward. I reason that if I drop Sorin now (which is 100% to resolve because FoW is gone and I'm even daze-proof with 5 mana) he will be forced to react to my board and therefore drop his counter-shields in the near future (note that it isn't even a given that he has counters at all).

So, Sorin -> Vampire it is.

He goes Maze of Ith and Courser of Kruphix iirc. On my turn I draw Stirring Wildwood, which I play. I also drop Lili and Shaman and make him sac the Courser with my Planeswalker. I tick up Sorin and pass.

I don't remember his next turn but he has nothing of relevance. On my turn, I make a Vampire, tick up Lili (which prompts a Snapcaster as the last hand card from him) and make some attacks (carefully as to not expose my Lili to a topdeck removal + Snapcaster attacks). At this point however, he basically needs perfect topdecks and he consequently scoops after my next attack which leaves me at about 30 life and him at 2.

G3:
He chooses to be on the play, of course. I draw a hand that has Thoughtseize, Bayou, GSZ, Sylvan Caryatid, Sword of Feast and Famine, Falkenrath Aristocrat and Tasigur. It is very good if I rip a land within the next two draw steps and then another one within a time frame of another two turns. Ultimately, it is too risky for me. I mull.

My next seven is very bad, with dead cards like PtE, 3 lands, 2 manlands and no early plays besides Kitchen Finks. Much too slow and anemic for this MU. I mull to six.

I get Loxodon Smiter, Elvish Mystic, Xenagos the Reveler, 3 lands. Snapkeep.

This hand has the potential to really get him. Since he is on the play, he will most likely keep up counter mana on his 2nd turn so he can counter my 3-drop which would allow him to then amass lands and CA from a stable board position. Loxodon Smiter really screws with that.

On my second turn he has Treetop, Island up and signals a counterspell.

I drop the elephant and it sticks - goal accomplished.

He adds another Island and says go. I drew Thoughtseize the last turn and now my draw is Arc Trail. I'm presented with the option of slamming Xenagos into 3 open mana or just playing it safe and Thoughtseizing him. I choose the latter option and see a hand of

Primeval Titan, Courser of Kruphix, Merchant Scroll, Counterspell, Vendilion Clique and Vesuva.

I realize, that this decision will make or break my game and think long.

The choice here is basically between Clique and Counterspell. If I take Counterspell, he will eot Vendilion Clique me and see Arc Trail and Xenagos. He would likely take away my Xenagos and leave me with the Arc Trail which will be able to remove his Clique. Not too bad for me at first sight.

But if I do that, he will untap and either play his Courser (which brings him a lot closer to casting Titan) and basically locks my next turn into killing Clique or he might just leave up countermana to eventually protect Clique and meanwhile he will get some counterplay going should he achieve to make landdrops and squeeze in some plays (like his Merchant Scroll or Courser).

Ultimately I figure it is best to strip him of Clique and leave him with Counterspell. That way, he has no proactive plays besides Courser (which he can't play unless he topdecks untapped green mana and which doesn't even answer my board). But I realize that he just "has" to somehow answer my board and this will open a window to resolve Xenagos. So that's my line: Take Vendilion Clique .

He then of course topdecks a Forest :) But that's all good and goes like planned. He plays Courser and passes.

I draw Huntmaster of the Fells and it is just great at that moment. By playing it, I make his next turn very awkard again because he has to make a proactive play which again will most likely leave him without countermagic. I drop the Huntmaster, attack and say go.

He is forced to Merchant Scroll for Mystical (which is most likely going to get Bonfire) and passes.

I untap an draw Restoration Angel for the turn. Very good again indeed. My board basically locks him into Bonfiring for all his mana next turn and I hold the Flash Angel plus the hasted Satyr token off of Xenagos for next turn. I attack (but mistakenly leave my huntmaster back because I somehow forget that it won't flip because of his Mystical Tutor. It would be dead next turn no matter what, so this way I stupidly lose 2 dmg which could have mattered but ultimately did not).

He plays along and Mysticals for Bonfire, untaps, kills my board, attacks with Couser which I block with a flashed-in Angel.

I untap and drop Xenagos. Attacks bring him to 2 (did I mention, that I just gave away 2 dmg for no reason :) ...).

He untaps, draws, but his Courser cannot find a land on top. So no Titan for him. Even with Titan and landdrop-lifegains via Courser he would have died to me attacking with my Angel next turn and my Arc Trail to finish him off.

GG's Tazi!

PS: Just realized this report somehow got a lot longer than I thought it would. Sorry guys for this wall of text ;)

dsck

Quote from: Maqi on 15-03-2015, 08:22:05 PM
PS: Just realized this report somehow got a lot longer than I thought it would. Sorry guys for this wall of text ;)

Good read, thx for posting. Definitely no need to apologize for the length, the more details the better!
dsck90 on cockatrice

Vazdru

@ MaQi

thanks for the report

Quote from: Vazdru on 14-03-2015, 12:13:01 PM
Piledriver wins 2:0 and will post a little report
I drop, cya next season and have fun!

ps. plz dont forget deadline for this round is Sunday evening 9 PM CET
if you cant play your match till then and if you can't be online to given time you should use your vacation-time

@ dsck / georg

you've got a result yet?
basically it would be a draw as noone of you seemed online on cockatrice (at least noone send me a message or anywhing like that) and no result has been posted yet
maybe hitman could offer a period of grace if you already scheduled your match the next days or grant a belated vacation-period to give you one more week to play your match if you like to
Far below the earth

dsck

We tried to play earlier last week but Georg kept getting disconnected every 10 seconds so we agreed to try to play again on weekend. I was on yesterday and others (k0d0, promole) can confirm, but if possible I still would like to play our match (today evening if Georg can make it?).

@ other players, sorry for delaying the tournament :-[
dsck90 on cockatrice