Main Menu

Ladder Tournament 2014 - Reports

Started by Vazdru, 06-01-2015, 04:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

captain-kaiiak (4C Blood) vs Vazdru (4C Blood)

he rolled 2, then me 1 so he started g1

g1: he keeps first hand with 2 Fetchlands, Thoughtseize, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Helix, Reclamation Sage + Obzedat. I have 3 lands, GSZ, Tarmogoyf, Finks and Inquisition of Kozilek. He took my Tarmogoyf with Toughtseize and i played Stirring Wildwood which is surely disputable. Anyhow he "topdecked" Tarmogoyf for T2. I played Inquisition for Lightning Helix. He got Horizon Canopy next turn, i have Finks which got killed once by Lightning Bolt. I drew Restoration Angel + Goldgari Charm he had to play Reclamation Sage + Hierarch. Restoration Angel had nice interaction with Finks and Golgari Charm cleared board on his side. I drew SoFI next but his Ajani kept Restoration Angel tapped for a while (i should have equipped tapped angel probably  :)). He was still on 4 lands, i dropped some more and was able to attack with Treetop Village, Wildwood + Finks when he had only Goyf as blocker. As Finks + Restoration Angel + my Manlands + his Canopy and Fetchlands already took him down to 5 lp this was gg.

g2: he keeps first hand with 2 lands, Tarmogoyf, Lingering Souls, Courser, Xenagos, Obzedat. I have 3 lands, Duress, Lili (but no second B), Destructive Revelery, Falkenrath. He plays land - go, my Duress took Xenagos - maybe i should have taken Souls (he had 2 lands) but i wanted to keep him away of playing Tokens while I've had Lili. T2 he dropped Goyf. Crucial moment - he topdecked white mana source, I've got second black source for Lili -> i thougth to myself: if he playes Souls I will lose this game because Lila become immediately a dead card and i have no drops to stop Goyf or Tokens...he tapped for mana and played .... Courser - good for me, bad for him. Eot Destructive Revelery (btw: added this card to improve my MU vs ChristophO which could have been my opponent in Semifinals) to kill Courser, T3 Lili for Sacrifice Goyf leaving him with an empty board. He plays tokens next turn, I topdecked KotR which was awesome as i was able to attack his weak manabase and furthermore Knight was already "monstrous". I misplayed Wasteland (leaving him one black source) let him flashback Tokens but my blunder wasn't punised that hard this time... Thrun joined my army while tokens killed Lili and started to attack my lifecount together with an Ooze. But when i attacked with Thrun + 7/7 Knight he had to start to chumpblock. Then I dropped Elspeth when he had almost nothing left. Game crashed somehow as he lost connection... as he is a fair player he gave me that win - imo there were no outs left for him to stay alive next turn as i've had Elspeth, Thrun, KotR (7/7), Soldier + Tainted Pact in hand while he had Pilgrim, 1 Token + 3 lands.

g3: he took free-mulligan having 2-lander again (no black) with Confidant, Inquisition, Grim Lavamancer, Pridemage + Ranger of Eos - he kept his next hand: 2-lands (4th time in a row  :-[) Elves, Anafenza, Courser, Mother of Runes + Garruk Wildspeaker. My first seven looked like: 2 lands + Elf, Voice, Lightning Helix, SoFI + Garruk Relentless...i pondered and took a free mulligan as 2-lander was still risky, Voice + SoFI were unimpressive in this mu. After free-mulligan i've had: 4 lands, Lightning Bolt, Hmyn + BB-Elf which I've kept. His T1 Elf got Bolted (which was the crucial moment of that game imo), T2 he had land go and i play Hymn ...then my computer took a time-out and I've had to reboot. Once again kai was quite fair and kept game open till i could rejoin ...Hymn resolved
for discarding Anafenza + Garruk. T3 I've had Mindcensor and BB-Elf joined the army T4 cascading into Thoughtseize. He revealed: Mother, Restoration Angel, Lightning Helix and Courser with Badlands, Blackcleave Cliffs + Bayou on Board. I took Courser. He topdecks Pilgrim but white mana would have been obv. better. At this moment I've had 4 lands in play and 3 on hands so I was in topdeck-mode and got Council's Judgement which killed Pilgrim and another swing for 5 dam. He got overgrown tomb from the top which wasn't enough.

Thanks for the ggs and thanks for being that fair player!

0:3
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

goblinpiledriver and me are playing for a Misty Rainforest and the title this Sunday 3 pm CET probably
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 06-01-2015, 04:29:30 PM

Quarterfinals:

a) Payron 1 UWb-Control (one) - MaQi 3 4c Blood (eight)

b) goblinpiledriver 3 4c Blood (four) - hamsert 0 Izzet-Control (five)

c) ChristophO 1 Jeskai-Twin (three) - captain-kaiiak 3 4c Blood (six)

d) Nastaboi 2 UWb-Control (two) - Vazdru 3 4c Blood (seven)

Semifinals:

MaQi 2 4c Blood (eight) - goblinpiledriver 3 4c Blood (four)
captain-kaiiak 0 4c Blood (six) - Vazdru 3 4c Blood (seven)

Highlander:

goblinpiledriver 3 4c Blood (four)- Vazdru 0 4c Blood (seven)

congratz to the champion 2014 goblinpiledriver!
he won a misty rainforest (eng, ex+) and 8 KTK boosters

goblinpiledriver posts a report soon

here you will find the replays of the finals:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3561032/HLL%20Ladder/Gerry/Vazdru%20vs%20Goblin.rar
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Far below the earth

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(4C-Blood)  vs  Vazdru(4C-Blood)
3:0

Game1:
I kept a hand with 2 Lands, an Elf, Aether Vial, 2 Spells and a Planeswalker. Vazdru kept a 6 card hand: 2 Lands 3 Spells and a Planeswalker. vazdru started this game with a turn 3 Liliana of the Veil while I had allready Aether Vial on 1 counter, I discarded Lingering Souls for his Liliana ability. On my turn 3 i played Blighning to his Liliana and attacked for the final 4th damage, so on his side there where only 3 lands and 1 handcard left. Vazdru kept Maelstrom Pulse over Knight of the Reliquary as his only handcard. 2 turns later Vazdru had 5 lands and I had lost my planeswalker(Ajani Vengeant),so I had 4 lands, Ather Vial, 2 Elfes and Eladmri's Call on my hand. Vazdru drew Demonic Tutor and played Tarmogoyf, I searched with my Call Thundermaw Hellkite and finished the game 2 turns later with the flashbacked Lingering Souls Tokens and an activated Raging Ravine.

Game2:
This time we both kept our first hands. I had 3 lands 2* 2 mana creatures and 2 Spells. Vazdru had 2 lands, Aether Vial, 2 Spells, 1 Planeswalker and an Eternal Witness.
Second turn Vazdru played Thoughtseize on my Abrupt Decay leaving me only Demonic Tutor as a nonpermanent Spell on my hand, on my second turn I played Tarmogof as a 2/3 creature. Vazdru didn't found his third land so he played Green Sun's Zenith for Birds of Paradise, I had my third land and played Phyrexian Arena. Next turn Vazdru aether vialed Eternal Witness for returning his fetchland as his third land, so he plays Liliana of the Veil destroying my Tarmogoyf. Then i played Elspeth, Knight-Errant. Turn 5 Vazdru played Sword of Fire and Ice equiping his Eternal Witness. I searched Arc Trail with my Demonic Tutor destroying his Birds of Paradise and his Liliana. Vazdru turned his Aether Vial on 5 counters, played Path to Exile on my solider token and drewed Scavenging Ooze to his fifth land. In my next turn I played Falkenrath Arisocrat which attacked Vazdru to 8 life plus Voice of Resurgence to protect my 12 lifes. Vazdru drew nothing relevant and I played it defensive with Doran and Lilian of the Veil. Next turn the game was over.

Game3:
Vazdru free mulliganed 2 lands 2 2*mana creatures, Lightning Bolt and 2* 4mana Drops till he had a 6 card hand with 2 lands, an Elf, Eternal Witness, Discard Spell and a Planeswalker. I kept my second hand with 3 lands, Tainted Pact and 3* 4Drops. Turn 2 Vazdru played Inquisition of Kozilek for my Tainted Pact and attacked with his Elf into my(fresh drewed) Mother of Runes(which was summoning sick). Turn 3 I drewed Thoughsteize for his Eternal Witness. We both had found our forth land for Garruk Relentless on his side and for Bloodbraid Elf cascading into Sword of Feast and Famine. Turn 5 Vazdru destroys with a Tectonic Edge my Raging Ravine, I drew another land and I played Butcher of the Horde. Vazdru didn't found his second white land for Elspeth, Knight-Errant and could only play Sword of Fire and Ice . Next I played Ajani Vengeant destroying his Wolf and I equipped my Butcher so that Vazdru discards his Elspeth. The next two turns Vazdru destroys with Maelstrom Pulse my Ajani vengeant and with Vithian Renegades my Sword. My Butcher of the Horde was left unhandled and dealt the last damages.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.