Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XXII

Started by Vazdru, 12-10-2014, 07:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChristophO

ChristophO vs Maqi (2 - 0)
G1:
I buy time with Maze of Ith and draw cards with Sphinx Rev. and Fact or Fiction.
Maqi scoops after Humility resolves.
G2:
I can kill 3 creatures and 4 lands with a turn 4 Wildfire. Shortly afterwards Maqi scoops again.

hitman

Goblin Piledriver and TaZi didn't show up on gameday so both lost their matches 2:0.

The pairings for the fourth round are announced.

http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=1050.0

K0d013e4st

K0d013e4st - Bat 2:1
Bug(r)Reanimator - urw

G1: Im screwed (2mana no black) and conceed after his Jace starts looking at my Deck

G2: i was able to Counter his counterspell and reanimate woodfall primus. next turn I exhumed Sheoldred for the win

G3: He mull to 6 and didnĀ“t find a 3 Land. After I Counter his into the roil on my exhumed Grieselbrand and he conceeded

Maqi

Maqi vs. dsck 2:0
4c Blood - UBgw Oath

G1: I start with Caryatid into Duress, Anafenza into Garruk Wildspeaker. Duress is seeing only Ghastly Demise as removal and taking Spell Pierce so I can resolve my walker. He manages to find a Damnation and clears my board, leaving me with Garruk and a Liliana of the Veil (which resolved a turn before iirc). The game gets grindy from then on where he manages to resolve and protect a Jace TMS. My walkers generate value and a Raging Ravine is threatening crucial damage to Jace. Lili ticks up steadily and I manage to keep him busy counteracting my plays. He resolves Treasure Cruise and Dig Through Time for a total amount of UUU :) It's not enough whatsoever... Finally Lili's ultimate seals the deal and a beast token plus a Raging Ravine with 3 counters team up together with a Courser of Kruphix to take it home.

G2: I keep a slow hand on the draw with many juicy spells (Demonic, Domri, a Sword, Vindicate and 3 lands). He Thoughtseizes me T3 and takes my Demonic (which I chose not to play because my hand was so stacked and I'd rather keep it as an answer to a potential Oath). I topdeck Lingering Souls the following turn which is the missing piece of beef that can get things started. I deploy some Spirits. He casts Bribery on t5 but only finds Thrun (which is more or less useless at that point). I cast Ajani Vengeant and lock a land meanwhile keeping two spirits back to block a thrun even through a piece of spot removal. He cycles a spell and I feel safe. Then he proceeds to tap his last 2 mana to cast and sac EE for 0, attacks my Ajani with the bribed Thrun and I have to rebuild. Which I do (Lingering Souls Flashback). I put a Sword down and Sorin joins the party. Dsck manages to kill the Vampire blocker with Abrupt Decay and can take out Sorin once again. But the damage from fetching, thoughtseizing and getting pinged by souls adds up. I keep him busy and deplete his resources when finally an equipped soul and a Raging Ravine manage to take him down.

TaZi

TaZi 2-1 GoblinPiledriver

Jochen starts the first game an I can't find my 3rd land for one turn. He plays a spellheart chimera which is 1/3 for a while. I play ooze which is burned and he plays glen elendra archmage. When I try anafensa, he is allready at 5 mana and plays sarkhan to kill her. then he manages to keep up the tempo and sarkhan kills me.

I start the second game, and get my first land immediately wasted, but my first play is a tarmogoyf, which grows to quite some size, when my demonic is countered next turn. We are trading some more spells but eventually tarmogoyf finishes him.

The third game rages for a while, but Jochen is a bit low on cards, and his top doesn't seem to find anything. At one point he slams a true name nemesis but Liliana is allready waiting. Afterwards he has a clique and a copied mind censor, but goyf is again putting pressure and is faster with some supporting kitchen finks.

hitman

ChristophO and captain kaiiak didn't show up so their match ended in a draw...

The semi-finals are announced:

http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=1050.0

Please don't forget to send me your Decklist before you start your matches!!!

And be aware that the next Gameday is Sunday 14th December.

ChristophO

Just finished Semis against Dsck:

I won both BO3 (2-1) and BO5 (3-2) since we could not find any info what we needed to play...
I lost one game to the hard lock of Null rod plus Oath which finally revealed Emrakul after an Orchard finally manged to provide a creature for me.
I lost a second game to a thrid turn null rod out of an Tainted pact.
I won two games with Winter Orb locks (one with a Jace, the other with Foundry tokens?). The last game I was able to create Mana advantage with Wasteland and Crucible (forcing a Rotation into Bog to exile all my targets), Ancient Tomb, and finally Academy into Winter orb forced the concession.

I would really like to play the finals before the tournament in Hanau because the winner will receive one Bye and of course I will be there!

Vazdru

@ Christoph
finals + semis are Bo5
your opponent in the finals is captain-kaiiak, maybe you can exchange your phone-numbers for an easier way of communication and play your match this weekend

have fun
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

finals
captain-kaiiak (4C-Blood) vs ChristophO (Winter-Orb-Staxx) 3:2
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Maqi

I'm posting this on behalf of captain kaiiak:

Highlander online Cup tournament report

I played 4c Blood, aka Naya Jund, http://mtgpulse.com/event/18730#263792. My opponent played a 5c Staxx list. He was higher ranked in the swiss standings, so he started.

G1, he free mull, me keep.

Early Qasali Pride Mage and Bitterblossom perform first pressure, followed by a Tarmogoyf. Meanwhile my opponent accelerated, after a Tabernacle, via talismans into Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Digging, but not hitting. QPM sacrifice for Manastone. Faerie Token and Goyf took care of Tezz. Me overextending by a Courser of Kruphix play and hitting land. Opp life 7. Eot Sphinx revelation for x=2 by him. His turn: Acceleration into mox opal and grim monolith followed by Devastation. My board Swept. But Bitterblossom regenerates Tokens, which win in the End. I win.

G2, he mull to 6, me keep.

Me Turn2 woodland cementary into Inquisition, countered by Drain. He Collective Restrain. Me Thoughtseized his Dream Tides. He izzet signet,  into Gilded Lotus. Me Lillina oft he Veil, discarding his last card (Elpeth, Suns Champion). He Transmute Artifact into SDT. Me Loxodon Smiter and leveling up Lilli. He Crucible of Worlds. Me Smiter swing, Lilli up. He Bonfire oft he Damned. The rest oft he Game is a classical Staxx game, with tainted Pact into Wildfire burning my last few guys that I assembeld after the Bonfire and killing my Lands. He wins.

G3, he free mull, me keep.

Turn1 Elve. He Preordain. Me Smiter. He Urborg+Talisman. Me DRS+ Treetop Village, Swing for 5, he Eot Enlightened into Dream Tides, me EOT Path Elves for Plains. Me Xenagos for 2/2 Satyr, swing. He Winter Orb (!). Me Level up Xenagos into Butcher, sacc tapped Satyr Token and Smiter for Butcher, haste and vigilance, Swing, he ist at 7. He Thopter Foundry. Me Xenagos: Token, swing. He Crucible, at this point he has a Seat oft he Synod, Sacc Seat, replay Seat. Me level up Xenagos, into GSZ, into Reclamation Sage, destroying Thopter Foundry, response Token creation by him, his life 7, Satyr Sacc into Butcher, vigilance, swing, Token block. He Landdrop. Me all in, I win.

G4, he keep, me keep.

He landdrop go. Me Thoughtseize, taking Sylvan Scrying, the other cards were 2 mana Stones and the rest lands if I remember properly. He mana stone. Me woodland cementary into BoP. He Tabernacle (from the top!) and mana stone. Me Qasali Pride Mage. He Landdrop. Me landdrop, swing. He Demonic Tutor, me in response Aven Mindcensor. Me swing, Bitterblossom, he Eot Fact or Fiction into Chromatic Lantern,  Dig throug time, Assemble the Legion, Vault of Whispers, Dimir Signet, stacking thefirst 2 cards vs.  the rest, he taking the 2 card pile. He lantern and Dig through time, playing crumbling sanctuary. Me Landdrop, swing (one of his lands was an Academy Ruins, this is why I did not Sacc QPM). The rest oft he game is very, very long story short, I try to mill him, my QPM is sacced for a Future sight, he has to play from the top, because he can not handle the Aven Mindcensor. But finaly handles him (and a KotR, who helped milling, with Elspeth, Suns Champion) by tabernacle, dustbowl and Winter Orb ;). He wins.

G5, he ?, me keep

My annotations are lost, but luckily this was a short one.

The difficulty oft he hand was that I only had DRS, Badland and Wasteland, so I hoped for his Fetch and I kept. Me DRS. He Island. Me Discard, viewing his hand with Tabernacle (!) and some Nonbasics discarding something, DRS swing, drop Wasteland. He Tropical. Me Wasteland Tropical, Scavenging Ooze. He Tabernacle. Me pay, topdeck Fetchland. He donno. Me sacc Scavening Ooze, can't really remember, something. In the end Butcher oft he Horde in combination with DRS and a topdeck Lightning Bolt took home the victory for me J

Props to MaQi for his steady Deck Development.

See you all in Hanau.