Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XXII

Started by Vazdru, 12-10-2014, 07:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

results, reports & replays fo season XXII as usual...
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

bat (cockatrice: bat242 ) UWR control vs Vazdru UWR control

registration & deckcodes locked (http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=1050.0)

2:0

g1: mana drain into keranos made the difference
g2: me: mull to 6 vs he: entreat the angels for 2

anyhow nice and entertaining games
thx & gl

ps. quite similar decks...
pps. first loss in swiss rounds after 6 undefeated matches - every run has to end sometimes, maybe i shouldn't have switched decks but Dimir-AggroControl wasn't that successful on TNM recently so i decided to try a new one
Far below the earth

Bat

Bat vs. Vazdru 2:0 ( i would call it UWR Control vs Jeskai Midrange :P )

Game one:

No Action from my side until turn 4 and only a trinket mage in turn 3 from Vazdru.
Turn 4 his Young Pyromancer gets Mana Drained. Keranos in my turn. From that point we nearly play the same cards, only that i'm one turn ahead.
Ajani Vengeant and Thundermaw hit the board on both sides, so does Pithing needle. He has to answer my Jace TMS, while my Hellkite makes another 5 dmg, lightning bolt -> 1:0

Second Game:

He Mulligans to 6. No Big action in turn 1&2. Turn 3 i play Trinket Mage, search for SDT.
He does the same through Phantasmal Image. Counterwar for the SDT's but both resolve. I found my 4th land, he doesnt. Entreat for 2 seals the game.

gg

:)

TaZi

KodoBeast 0:2 TaZi

I played 4c goodstuff against reanimator. The first game he took mulligan to 6, played 2 lands and a maze, and never anything else.

Game 2 was quite close. A Triskelion had taken out my ooze and hierarch and he had allready resolved a buried alive for ooze combo. Luckily I topdecked eternal witness which was vialed in for the ooze and nothing went wrong again. Though without the witness I would have lost immediately to his mystical tutor.

ChristophO

ChristophO vs Goblinpiledriver (2-0)
G1: Jochen drains my second Signet and resolves Keranos T4. I play Winter Orb, and annoy him with Ral Zarek. I resolve a Revelation for 6 on 8 life and win safely a couple of turns later.
G2: I drain a Clique in my draw step and use the mana for a Ral Zarek. When Jochen taps out for a Venser counter for a Chromatic Lantern I fetch Academy with Sylvan Scrying, make 4 Mana with Academy and play Fabricate on Winter Orb and cast it to keep Jochen tapped out. He manages to kill the Ral Zarek but shortly afterwards I can Wildfire to clear his board. I win some turns later with a Tezzeret.

hitman

Reminder:

Today is Gameday

So don't forget to play your match today. Latest time to start is 10 pm (UTC + 1).
If you can't participate today contact me to find a solution. Especially if you tried to contact your opponent several times and he didn't react at all.

If nobody shows up at 10 pm your game ends in a draw. 

dsck

dsck bugw oath 2-1 captain-kaiiak 4C blood

G1 Im stuck on 2 lands for 3 turns. I almost stabilize with damnation into cryptic command but then I lack 6th mana for deed to wipe his board again.

G2 I have big decision on fact or fiction, my opponent has aristocat (4/1 haste flying). Piles are 3 counters and decay vs 1 removal spell which can hit the vampire. I gamble on drawing something for the vampire (and im greedy ;)) and stabilize at 1 life having drawn Cryptic Command to bounce Aristocat and then counter it. We have about 5 turns of me surviving with creeping tar pit doing blocking duty and him not drawing any bolts. Then I topdeck sphinx's revelation which seals the deal.

G3 I have E.Tutor for Oath, lands, removal and wasteland. I waste my opponent since he hasnt done anything in 2 turns and hes color screwed. Then I cast jace and soon after its over.
dsck90 on cockatrice

hitman

The pairings for the second round are announced.

http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=1050.0

ChristophO

ChristophO (Winter Orb Staxx) vs dsck (4 color Oath): 2 - 0
G1:
Dsck has an early Null Rod, I have Academy plus Future sight. Dsck is also screwed on 4 lands giving me lots and lots of time to play cards from the top of my deck. After a bunch of turns I find Karn and exile the Null Rod forcing the concession.
G2:
I have a Workshop start but somewhat lack colored mana because my other land is Wasteland. I try to go for the wasteland crucible plan but get foiled by Bajuka Bog on dsck's 3rd turn. He finds Null Rod with muddle the mixture on turn 4 and I play Jace, the Mind Sculptor. T5 he plays Null rod and Demonic tutor tapping out and I play Rising Wasters also tapping out. Afte rthat an Oath is played with Forbidden Orchard but I just bounce a token, and than bounce Griselbrand and Emrakul buying enough time to give the beats with the tokens + Assemble the legion tokens to win this game as well.

Thx for friendly games!

TaZi

TaZi 1 - 2 Maqi

Thomas was on the play and starts with inquisition to snap my llanowar elf, then playing goyf, kitchen finks, removal for my doran and elspeth for the win. I took witness with a tainted pact on turn 2 and maybe would have been a bit more in the game if I would have taken a random removal for the goyf.

Game 2 I start with Qasali Pridemage into Goyf + Wasteland, but Thomas put on a fight by bolting one and pathing the other. Then there is really a game where I'm somehow always a tiny step ahead with knight of the reliquary and hellkite and eventually win.

Game 3 I mulligan 5 lands without red, lingering souls and arc trail, for 1 land, then for another 1 land hand with green zenith, but never see another land while he starts with elf into cobra into sword into random other sickness. So the draw would have given me a hard time even with lands.

hitman

Vazdru

captain kaiiak (4C Blood) wins 2-1 vs BAT (UWR-Control)
Far below the earth

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (Izzet Midrange)  vs  Kodo (4C Reanimator)
2:0

Game1:
I played Young Pyromancer and Coralhelm Commander, while Kodo used his Bazaar of Baghdad to filter his cards. At the end Kodo played 2 reanimator spells which both get countered.

Game2:
I started rather slow in this game with turn 3 Vendilion Clique which took down his Demonic Tutor. I saw that there is no actual threat on his hand and so i played Kira, Great Glass-Spinner and Sensei's Divining Top. In the following turn Kodo transmuted Muddle the Mixture to Oath of Druids and played it. I searched with Mystical Tutor Price of Progress and damaged Kodo to 5 life. The Oath brought Angel of Despairinto play destroying my only red mana. In my final turn i drawed with Top a basic Montain and played Snapcaster Mage plus Price of Progress.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

hitman

Vazdru

kai  vs vadzru
4c blood vs UWR-Midrange

1st: i mull to 5 and lose

2nd: i win with thundermaw hellkite

3rd: i cant find my 5th land and misread falkenrath aristocrats  ::) so i've lost

2:1
sry, very unconcentrated games of mine
anyhow i've had fun  :)

i drop from tourney
Far below the earth