Main Menu

1.MKM Highlander Bash at the Comic Attack in Erfurt (30 Players)

Started by Tabris, 27-07-2014, 08:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabris

Hey guys,

I just want to post the T8 lists from the 1.MKM Highlander Bash at the Comic Attack in Erfurt.
30 players particpated (6 guys from Berlin) and it was a really great tournament with a friendly atmosphere.
We´ll try to add the missing lists asap.

http://www.mtgpulse.com/event/17408#246552

TobiR

How good was Disciple of Deceit in your Esper list? I remember reading a lot of positive and negative stuff when it was first spoiled.
And how good was arrogant Bloodlord (somehow he always gets cut from my decks, although I think it's a cool card)?

Tabris

I ve tested the Disciple now for weeks and I am really impressed by its performance. At the beginning I was not very excited about it but a fellow magicplayer convinced me and I tried
it several times and he did all the work you can expect from a two drop and even more. He is the control-mirror-breaker and even against aggro he stops the Loam Lions, Kird Apes and Goblin Guides. Even against aggro you get your trigger since they will not leave their 3/3 creature back just to block him. Also you run a lot of removal so at some point you will remove a creature which gets him tapped.

At the semi-finals I played against Rb Burn and had him T2 and besides blocking his one drop I could discard my lingering souls to get timely reinforcements and after that discarding my useless toxic deluge for a TNN. Later in the game I could get an activation even when he had bigger creatures thanks to my maze.

About the Bloodlord. He fits more in Grixis than in Esper because you can get rid of their 1/1s with cheap removal but even in Esper I am very glad to have him since a deck with Elves will run Smiter/Goyfs/Ooze/Watchwolves and similar creatures. If you play against control or midrange he can provide the needed distraction to get you to your big spells or force them to tap out.