Main Menu

Highlander tournaments in Frankfurt (Main)

Started by TobiR, 27-07-2014, 03:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

Quote from: Promole on 15-03-2015, 12:30:37 AM
HL Tournament 14.03.2015

1. Matthias Hittel 12 Temur Scapeshift

Thanks to TaZi for sharing his Scapeshift list. With few changes i managed the tournament. With 22 participants a new record for our monthly league.

so that list already won 3 consecutive tournaments  :)
I've lost last four games with 4C blood and Jund against it - let's see if MaQi can beat it in Online League today
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

derStefan82

I'm not able to find the Scapeshift list on mtgpulse or here.

Is someone able to tell me where it is?

GoblinPiledriver

It's a real life list, so there isn't an online copy yet. I was surprised that Promole had contact with Tazi and builded this list. Now that I had converted my Jund-Scapeshift into a similliar UGr-Scapeshift list, there are now 3 copys of that deck.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Vazdru

Quote from: derStefan82 on 15-03-2015, 11:54:51 AM
I'm not able to find the Scapeshift list on mtgpulse or here.

Is someone able to tell me where it is?

hitman has the list already as far as I know
TaZi plays that deck in the current Online League and it will be published after the swiss rounds of the tournament (at the latest)
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

MMD

Scapeshift is a very good metagame call if 4C blood is everywhere. I just wonder why Temur is preferred as the Tutor package of a 4c list should improve the deck even more. Most probably  it is a Temur creature ramp with Scapeshift as a 2nd win condition, otherwise I would doubt the list is teched out.
Feel free to browse through my MKM account:

http://www.magickartenmarkt.de/index.php?mainPage=showSellerChart&idInfoUser=13199

I also have a huge amount of chinese and japanese foil HL staples not listed yet,  which I would like to downgrade to english foil. Just let me know!

Georg B

No, its a straight forward combo deck with quite a lot of disruption. Lost against it at the HLL and it is going for the combo each time I guess.

Tabris

I agree with Björn here. I played against it and saw the list and Matthias told me he was losing too much against nonbasic hate and its not an all in combo build, its more like a RUG-Control deck with a small focus on ramping and no alternate win cons (like Karn, WurmCoil or Titan).

Being a scapeshift lover myself and playing the deck since three years in different iterations I would always go for the full tutorpackage black provides to have a consistent and fast combo deck. I can see building a heavy RUG Midrange deck with scapeshift as backdoor out though.

Promole

Since I just adopted the list from TaZi and did some personal changes (metagame decisions, personal preferences/experience). TaZi is the person to explain the list and cardchoices.

The Decks plays very well. In my experience it is not necessary to weaker the mana base for more speed reasons. But as usual it is also something about personal preferences and playstyle.

I will add my list on mtgpulse. I do not have other decklists from the event, but I hope to add other lists soon since there were a couple of interesting ones.

http://www.mtgpulse.com/event/19563#275847

TaZi

Hello guys,
the list will be online soon I think and I'll take a minute and explain the list.

First point, this is not a ramp list and I don't think that ramp is a good deck in any form at the moment. That is because you will too often draw only the ramp half or only the fatty half of the deck.

I'ts a combo, with a different combo as a plan B and the possibility to kill with creatures as a last resort. The good thing is, that the combo (and the second combo) takes only very few cards in the deck and almost none of them are bad cards. That leaves a lot of space for good cards which are able to delay most opponents for very long time. So you don't need any black to find your combo, as you will have a lot of time in most games and the great amount of filtering in addition to the fact, that you only need 1 card helps a lot too.

Allright, I think there will be more discussion, when some list is available.

GoblinPiledriver

Rank         Name         MatchPoints         Archetype                  OMW%      
  1       Farnung, Benjamin         10            Esper Control         66,7
  2       Kropf, Marco              9             Abzan Rock            61,1
  3       Korbel, Jochen            9             4C-Blood              60,4
  4       Hittel, Matthias          9             Sultai                47,8
  5       Huther, Nils              7             MBC                   49,9
  6       Logisch, Arne             7             UW Control            45,75
  7       Schäffer, Dirk            6             Izzet                 60,4
  8       Schwing, Florian          6             URW Twin              54
  9       Deutscher, Markus         4             RG Elves              56,2
 10       Müller, Tobias            Dropped       4C-Blodd
 11       Graefe, Torben            Dropped       Naya
 12       Szabo, Daniel             3             5C-Goodstuff          47,2
 13       Knötgen, Tobias           Dropped       Jeskai
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

GoblinPiledriver

RankName   MatchPointsArchetype OMW%
1Logisch, Arne 12 UW/b creatueless-Control 64,5
2Hittel, Matthias9 Esper-Midrange68,8    
3Kannegiesser, Thomas  9 Esper-Control54
4Korbel,Jochen9 Jeskai52,8
5 Hellmann, Gerrit 6 Jeskai47,8
6 Radloff, Tobias6 RG-Ramp58,2
7Bausch, Joshua6 BUG58,3
8Schäffer, Dirk 6 RG-Ramp47,8
9Schwing, Florian6 RDW37,3
10Huther, Nils3Mono-Black-Suicide 64,5
11Squirewell, Sascha3Abzan-Rock61
12Deutscher, Markus34C-Blink56,3
13Kropf, Marco34C-Blood41,5
14Di Pancrazio, Marco04C-Blood66,7

RankName   MatchPointsArchetype OMW%
1Logisch, Arne 10 UW/b creatueless-Control 66,7
2Korbel,Jochen9Jeskai56,2
3Schwing, Florian 9Jeskai49,9
4Ebert, Marvin  9Naya49,8
5Schäffer,Dirk  8U/b High Tide66,7
6Klein, Timo 7White Weenie 56,2
7Hellmann, Gerrit6Jeskai64,6
8Radloff, Tobias6RG-Ramp54
9Hintze, Joerns6Abzan-Rock52,9
10Dakic, Alexander6RG-Ramp43,6
11Smeltz, Christopherr6GW-Midrange41,5
12Huther, Nils4Mono Black Suicide38,7
13Olivier Lavaud-Canonne3UW/b creatueless-Control62,5
14Deutscher, Markus34C-Goodstuff52,1
15Kropf, Marco04C-Blood66,7
15Szabo, Daniel05C-Reanimator50

Rank         Name         MatchPoints         Archetype                  OMW%    
  1       Korbel,Jochen            12        4C-Blood                   54,2
  2       Sinner,Dennis             9        Esper-Control              56,1
  3       Schäffer,Dirk             9        U-b High Tide              52,1
  4       Zarges, Florian           9        Mono-Green Ramp            47,8
  5       Hittel, Matthias          7        BUG-Control                70,8
  6       Deutscher, Markus         7        4C-nonblack-Zoo            60,3
  7       Jessen, Johannes          6        RDW                        60,3
  8       Klein, Timo               6        White Weenie               54,1
  9       Logisch, Arne             6        UW-b Creatueless Control   54,1
 10       Radloff, Tobias           6        RG-Ramp                    47,8
 11       Huther, Nils              4        Black Suicide              54
 12       Kropf, Marco              3        4C-Blood                   47,9
 13       Smeltz, Christopher       3        Abzan                      47,9
 14       Olivier Lavaud-Canonne    3        Jeskai-Spells              Dropped
 15       Squirewell, Sascha        1        Jeskai                     52,1

Match 1: Johannes Jessen with RDW
Game 1: Johannes played turn 2 Gore-House Chainwalker, i played on my turn 2 Demonic Tutor for Doran, the Siege Tower. Next turn I faced Blood Moon, for the rest of the game I could only play Huntmaster of the Fells and Thundermaw Hellkite, which wasn't enough.
Game 2: I could play quick Mother of Runes + Voice of Resurgence, which faced Porcelain Legionaire and Gobli Guide. Later in the game i lost my Mother of Runes but could gather enough life with Ajani Vengeant to stay out of the red zone. With the new drawn creatures i could win this game.
Game 3: This game begin with me losing Lotus Cobra to his Mogg Fanatic, but I could find the needed lands so i played Lingering Souls against his Mardu Scout and Kitchen Finks against his Goblin Guide. At the end I finished him with Zealous Persecution which killed his Porcelain Legionnaire.

Match 2: Nils Huther with Black Suicide
Game 1: Nils opens this game quick with turn 1 + 2 Gnarled Scarhide, Bloodsoaked Champion plus a Phyrexian Reclamation. The next two turns he plays Lifebane Zombie twice with use of his Lake of the Dead removing my Courser of Kruphix and Huntmaster of the Fells. With my creatures I could trade away most damage sources as he layed down Curse of Shallow Graves. The Zombie tokens from this card made me serious problems with balancing my lifepoints out of the red zone, luckily I drew Ajani Vengeant and with a fresh drawn Falkenrath Aristocrat I could manage to counterattack his lifepoints. As Nils drew 2 turns only swamps my Falkenrath flew to vitocry.
Game 2: Nils didn't found really relevant cards only a early  Diregraf Ghoul plus two other small creatures later in the game. I let him discard Diabolic Intent and his Recurring Nightmare didn't found good targets.

Match 3: Dennis Sinner with Esper Control
Game 1: I hit nearly the perfect curve and Dennis didn't found enough relevant cards with his draw spells.
Game 2: I used my only creature destroy spell on his Brimaz, King of Oreskos, so I didn't had anything left for his Baneslayer Angel. as he layed down Tasigur, the Golden Fang with enough mana for his ability the game was over.
Game 3: In this game I started nearly quick with a Dark Confidant, Knight of the Reliquary plus a Fauna Shaman. Dennis stalled my attack with an unremovable True-Name Nemesis, he had only one removal spell for my 3 creatures so he choosed Fauna Shaman. With my Dark Confidant I drewed enough small spells(Discard + Removal Spells(not against TNN)) while my Knight of the Reliquary grew fast by the use of Tectonic Edge + Wasteland. As I played Ajani Vengeant blocking another of Dennis lands he attacked with the Nemesis Ajani. In the following counterattack I killed him especially with the help of my giant Knight of the Reliquary.

Match 4: Matthias Hittel with BUG
Game 1: My first turn Avacyn's Pilgrim got manaless countered by Mental Misstep. I had only 4 mana spells which got countered one by another by Matthias while he used Mystical Teachings to generate advantage mainly by using Mana Drain. At the end he won with a Reaper of the Wilds.
Game 2: I hit the perfect curve with Bloodbraid Elf, Lingering Souls while Matthias had onyl 2 draw spells.
Game 3: This game took verly long we both traded many cards while I had more relevant cards and at the end Matthias had 3 lands in his hand.

GoblinPiledriver

1Hittel, Matthias  12 UGR-Scapeshift    62,5                
2Zimmermann, Martin  9 Mono-U-Control  64,5    
3Logisch, Arne  9 UW/b-Creatureless-Control  61  
4Kropf, Marco    9 4C-Blood   56,3    
5Kannegiesser, Thomas  6 RDW  64,5    
6Huther, Nils  6 Mono-Black-Suicide   64,5    
7Schäffer, Dirk   6 Izzet-Machinegun 58,3
8Deutscher, Markus 64C-nonblack-aggro     58,3    
9Korbel, Jochen 6BR-Satanic-Sligh41,5
10Dakic, Alexander3Naya-aggro52
11Neuf, Sabine 3Mono-Red-Goblins 50
12Lavaud-Canonne, Olivier 34C-nonred-Goodstuff44,3
13Schmidt, Thomas0BUG-Control62,5

Tabris

GoblinPiledriver

RankName  MatchPointsArchetype OMW%
1Logisch, Arne 10 UW/b creatueless-Control 54,1
2Klein,Timo9White Weenie56,2
3Deutcher, Markus 9Magic Zoo33
4Korbel, Jochen  7Izzet56,1
5Hittel, Matthias 6RG-Beats56,1
6Smeltz, Christopher 3BUG Tempo  60,3
7Swing, Florian3Jeskai54,1
8Huther, Nils3Mono Black Suicide47,8

Match 1: Florian Swing with Jeskai
Game 1: Florian didn't find a red land for most of the game, which binds several cards in his hand. As he had finally drawn a Mountain the game was already over.
Game 2: In this game Florian played quickly Kitchen Finks and Mantis Rider which I answered with Tamiyo, Repulse and a Cryptic Command. At the end I got the Tamiyo Emblem and killed him with Fire/Ice.

Match 2: Christopher Smeltz with BUG Tempo
Game 1: In this game I had to face Experiment One, Scryb Ranger, Dark Confidant, Duress and a few soft counter. They made a few damage before I shot them. Thundermaw Hellkite and Jace, the Mind Sculptor flew this game home.
Game 2: Like the first game only with an opposing Bitterblossom and Putrid Leech more. This time I had Jace, Architect of Mind and a Stormbreath Dragon so the game was really Deja-Vue of the first one.

Match 3: Timo Klein with White Weenie
Game 1: Timo played on 2/1 creature after another and I could only counter/shot down half of them. So this game didn't take too long for me to lose it.
Game 2: My Opponent had a medium slow start and I could control him with a Vedalken Shackles Flametongue Kavu and so on.
Game 3: Turn 2 I faced a Silver Knight and Turn 3 Ajani, Caller of the Pride. At the end I didn't had an answer for Ajani's Ultimate with 20 2/2 Cats.

Match 4: Logisch Arne with UW/b creaturess Control
Game 1: Arne tutored for Rune of Protection: Red, which blocked more than half of my cards. He also drew more relevant cards so I conceded after 20 minutes.
Game 2: As we were both out of cards I drew Conundrum Sphinx which gave me more cards than Arne so I could control him.
Game 3: After a long game I drew again Conundrum Sphinx but after 2 attacks Arne topdecked Gideon Jura which destroyed the Sphinx. He couldn't kill me with Gideon because I had Maze of Ith. So after felt infinte play time the game ended with a draw.