Main Menu

M15

Started by Maqi, 14-07-2014, 04:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiggupiru

Quote from: Maqi on 15-07-2014, 12:42:54 PM
@Tiggupiru: True. Because of that I think you only want to run GS in decks that are to some extent interested in 2/1 vanillas (or in decks that are especially focused on broken things and ramp). Not in normal Midrange Goodstuff.

I came with the same conclusion. The next leap for me was to figure out where I would want this next. I personally don't like two mana 2/1's in any deck. I feel like the format is just too violent for them. I just die a little inside when I am looking at Lingering Souls when a moment ago I was hoping to attack with my 2/1.

And if I want to do broken stuff or ramp, I just feel that we have better, more consistent ways to do it. I'd rather play High Tide, Academy or pretty much any combo deck to do consistent powerful things and if you want to ramp, you are getting about the same deal as you would get out of a ritual and you don't want to play rituals in your ramp deck, because once you get that one big thing out of the door you are crossing fingers that it survives and wins the game, or you are back at the square one.

I considered many potential places for this card to add to and I either was unimpressed or found too many other good options and came to conclusion that the few really good scenarios would not outweigh the blowouts.

Then I came back full circle and actually felt that general goodstuff is actually the best place for this card as they can cope with the fact that you have a card that is somewhat narrow, but can produce great advantages in correct situations. In the end I just can't fit this card in there, because the lists are really tight and you really don't want to play six drops in those decks, so you wouldn't be able to ramp into anything ridiculously powerful and the threat of getting two-for-onned was the last nail in the coffin.

GoblinPiledriver

Reclamation Sage           (4,4/5)
Vithian Renegade and Harmonic Sliver were played very often, so it would be no surprsie to see a 2/1 Naturalize creature in the meta.

Goblin Rabblemaster        (4,2/5)
This card combines a Goblin Assault(Shards of Alara) and some kind of Goblin Piledriver(Onslaught). Played on turn 3 the Goblins deals 7 damage on the next turn.

Nissa, Worldwaker          (4,1/5)
The best ability on this card is the first. Every turn Nissa makes a land to a 4/4 trample creature with haste(if the land is not new played). So with 6 mana you can attack with a 4/4 trample haste creature, which would be enough to kill opposing Planeswalkers. On the next turn you already have 2 4/4 trample creatures which would make solid 8 damage. After you lost a few lands you can untap several(up to 4) forest, with the second Nissa ability for having enough mana.

Altac Bloodseeker          (4,0/5)
The perfect card for a RDW. Scary to block, eventually with haste which makes this card explosive and quick.

Cruel Sadist               (3,7/5)
This card combines two important abilities, growing bigger then the opposing creatures and killing other creatures while removing the +1/+1 counters and paying 3 mana.

Sunblade Elf               (3,6/5)
2/2 for only 1 mana. With 5 mana you can have your own Glorious Anthem until end of turn. So this creature is like a Selesnya Guildmage which had seen play. With only 1 mana this creature is strictly better.

Aggressive Mining          (3,5/5)
Maybe the most interesting card in the whole Set. Every land can be recylced into 2 cards. The main problem is simple all the new drawn lands can't be played and with all the new played cards you have lesser mana to cast your spells. So this card seems to be a very late game card or for a deck whith alternate Mana Sources(like Elves, Staxx, Ramp). 

Borderland Marauder        (3,4/5)
2 mana 3/2 while attacking, this is exactly the strenght of the Gore-House Chainwalker, so this creature will be in the same decks as the Chainwalker.

Huswing Gryff              (3,3/5)
The anti ETB creatures card, with the same stats and other abilities like an Aven Mindcensor.

Jace, the Living Guildpact (3,1/5)
Jace, Mind Sculptor was extrem strong, Jace, Architcect of Thought was allright and now this Jace doesn't draw cards on his own and the bounce ability cost 3 counters. This card can see play but no so often like other Jaces.

Stoke the Flames           (3,0/5)
4 mana 4 damage with convoke. So eot it could easily cost only 2 mana.

Ajani Steadfast            (2,9/5)

Yisan, the Wanderer Bard   (2,8/5)

Dauntless River Marshal    (2,4/5)
Perfect card for UW Sky decks, but these decks are very rare.

Chasm Skulker              (2,3/5)
This is another version of the Lorescale Coatl, this time it's initial power and thoughness is 1 weaker but as it dies you get for every +1/+1 counter on it a 1/1 Squid. Lorescale had seen rare play, the Skulker will also appear a few times.

Garruk, Apex Predator      (2,2/5)
The same category like Nicol Bolas and Karn, with this Garruk you can handle most permanents creatures

Indulgent Tormentor        (2,0/5)
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

tonytahiti

the rabblemaster is pretty clearly only a 4,1/5 since him and his team attack only for 6 turn 4.
Winner - Pro HL Cup, Prague 2002
Winner - Highlander Regional Masters, Phuket 2006
Winner - Sunrise Trophy Run, Hawaii 2006
Winner - North Dakota HL Championships 2007
Winner - Tahiti "One And Only"-Cup #3, 2009
Winner - Gio di Gio Seria, Florenz, 2016
Winner - Jail or be Jailed, Berlin, 2017

W0lf

So yeah I was interested in the hype about the generator servant and decided to play a few test games in a deck that could play him. So far I am rly impressed, not only is he a 2/1 for only 2 mana which is already format warping in itself,what really breaks the card is that you just have to wait one turn to tao it to create instant card disadvantage. Everyone knows mana stones are a trap but this thing is insane, it hss summoning sickness and you are able to use it only once. During my testing i was even able to chump block a wurmcoil engine, this card is so broken even ww should splash it. I already ordered a japanese foil set signed by richard garfield. Best card since black lotus...