Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XXI

Started by Vazdru, 19-06-2014, 08:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (Jund-Aggro)  vs  ChristophO (Winter Orb Staxx)
3:2

G1:
I had an explosive start with Birds of Paradise, Noble Hierach and Dark Confidant. Christoph started with a Talisman and Sensei's Divining Top. My follow up plays were Domri Rade, Strangleroot Geist and Hymn to Tourach which left Christoph only two cards. With these two cards he searched first with an Enlighted Tutor Crucible of Worlds and then with Demonic Tutor he searched Dream Tides. I destroyed Dream Tides with Maelstrom Pulse which would had binded most of my army and I didn't had much mana to pay 2 mana for the nongreen creatures. ChristophO then found Burning of Xinye with his Sensei's Diving Top which left him with enough mana thanks to his Crucible of Worlds + Toalrian Academy and me with only a 3/2 Strangelroot Geist. As I found again 2 lands Christoph had a Fact or Fiction which got him an Assemble the Legion + much Mana, then he layed down a Humility where I could use in my turn  the Ultimate of Domri Rade to win immediately.

G2:
This time ChristophO started with a mlligan to 6 and I played Inquisition of Kozilek hiting his Demonic Tutor(his handcards:Scalding Tarn, Enlightened Tutor, Trading Post). In the next turns I played Bitterblossom and Courser of Kruphix(which found a few lands the follwing turns), ChristophO searched with Enlightened Tutor Pendrell Mist which defeated my Bitterblossom totally. At the point where ChristophO had medium lifepoints I played Bloodbraid Elf which cascaded into Chain Lightning which let ChristophO lose 6 unexpected lifepoints. ChristophO get finally his defense combo together with an additonal Winter Orb to his Pendrell Mist, and now he uses Trading Post for lifepoints. My biggest creature were the Bloodbraid Elf(and no additonal mana left) and he could get 4 lifepoints per turn, so I spared mana to lay down my 6/7 Tarmogoyf. A few turns later while ChristophO chumpblocked with the 0/1 Goats from the Trading Post I can assemble 2 mana again for a final Go for the Throat killing his Goat so that the 6/7 Tarmogoyf finished the game.

G3:
ChristophO started quick with an Azorius Signet while I could only destroy his Karakas with a Wasteland. I had two creatures Fauna Shaman and Deathrite Shaman but only 3 lands while Christoph played Humility leaving me with only 3 mana while I had Xenagos the Reveler and Garruk Wildspeaker on hand. In the next turns I couldn't find a forth land for my planeswalkers while ChristophO destroyed all my creatures with Bonfire of the Damned and drawing 5 cards with Sphinx's Revealtion. As I had a 1/1 Kitchen Finks and ChristophO had Jace, the Mindsculptor I wanted to search with Tainted Pact Maelstrom Pulse destroying his Humlity and attacking his Jace tmS lethal. The Maelstrom Pulse was the third last card and only 2 fetchlands were the very last cards, so I lost.

G4:
I took a mulligan to 7 cards but had only 2 red green lands and needed the third land quick. I didnÄt found the land quick enough and so my first 3 drop was countered by a Mana Drain followed up by Tamiyo, the Moon Sage leaving me again with only 2 lands. I found again lands to play Dreg Mangler and Falkenrath Aristocrat killing his Tamiyo, ChristophO answered with Dream Tides. ChristophO neyt play was Ral zarek which falled to 1 loyality point when he played Time Spiral founding him Transmute Artifact for Winter Orb. So I had no attacking creatures and never again mana so I conceded.

G5:
This time we both started relative quick by him playing Dimir Signet and me playing Fauna Shaman. I followed up my play with Triumph of Ferocity, but only one creature. So ChristophO played turn 3 his Jace, the Mind Sculptor bouncing my Fauna Shaman so that I wouldn't drew cards. I answered turn 4 with Strangleroot Geist killing his Jace. The next turns ChristophO mana ramped twice and I had first Fauna Shaman then Bloodbraid Elf cascading into Demonic Tutor searching the final card for ChristophO to think hard. Final turn ChristophO had 9 lifes, 7 mana and three options Trading Post, Tamiyo or Upheaval, after thinking hard which mysterious card I searched with Demonic Tutor he decided to play Tamiyo, planing to play Upheaval when he would had 8 mana(for playing a mana stone in the same turn). With Triumph of Ferocity I topdecked Falkenrath Aristocrat so I had Bloodbraid Elf, Strangleroot Geist and Falkenrath Aristocrat for the final 9 damage(ChristophO had tapped Fauna Shaman for preventing me tutoring someting annoying).
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.