Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XXI

Started by Vazdru, 19-06-2014, 08:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

results, reports & replays fo season XXI as usual...

tournament has been started, deck-codes are locked

TaZi (BUG-Oath) vs Vazdru (Dimir-Tempo)

g1: he won the roll and started with Mox Diamond + dual, i have T1 repeal mox to keep up his pace. i've had CC2-counter, sinkhole, tribute to hunger and demonic tutor in hand, some good-stuff against his Channel+Emrakul, Show and Tell- or Oath-plan. As i've known his deck i decided not to play Pain Seer and stayed w/o any creatures quite a while. Eventually he resolved Oath but w/o any tricks like Swan Song, Orchyard or Beast Within to get it triggered. The turn Oath hit the board i tutored for Recoil and added Phyrexian Arena to the board. Arena gave he some card-advantage and Recoil + Thoughtseize got rid off Oath. Afterwards i've flooded board with Pain Seer, DRS, SDT. Anyhow he was able to regain oath (transmute Muddle, Regrowth, Oath) but had I've had Snapcaster + Counterspell which let him concede

g2: he had lots of counters for my early plays (Bitterblossom, Jace, Pain Seer) and managed to sneak in Emrakul with Show and Tell (I've added Arena). He had 1 mana open and Dispel, Force + Mystical Tutor - i've had Force of Will, Recoil as single blue card to pitch and an Edict. At end of turn i recoiled his last land and "topdecked" a blue card so i could play Edict and protected it against his FoW with mine. So he was left with Mystical Tutor against my Arena which made me this game also he could reassemble his combo again with Mystical into Demonic into Oath. I've had Strix, Neurok Commander, Shadowmage Infiltrator + SoFI and he was already low on life. SO he had to jump-block equipped Strix and died on next swing with Progenitus on board.

0:2

Thx for the GGs
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

in G1 I've had 8 lp left with Pain Seer + Arena on board
Arena let me draw 8 extra cards, pain seer a few more so that massive card-advantage was too much although i've drawn some "dead cards" like Slaughter Pact, Dismember and Hero's Downfall etc.
especially pain seer (+ SDT  ;)), shadowmage and neurok commander did a good job in those games
Far below the earth

K0d013e4st

K0d013e4st (RDW) vs ChristophO (Winter Orb Staxx)

2-1

G1: I hit and boltet him to 8 - i conceded after he cast a Burning of Xinye with Trading Post on board .
    0-1

G2: I put some early pressure on board - He can stabilize the board with Dream tides and Assemble the Legion -
    Eot/my turn i boltet/fireblast him for 9 which was enough.
    1-1

G3: I Keep a slow hand with Sulfuric Vortex and no early pressure. I cast it turn 3 - he added Assemble the Legion
    which let the Damage race begin. Two Eathquake-effects and some bolts let me win it.
    2-1

Thanks for the GGs

Vazdru

hamsert (Izzet-Control) vs hitman (Esper)

result 2:1

report rather replay follows

@ goblinpiledriver / dsck

reminder:
21.00 CET / Sunday evening is next gameday

Quote from: Vazdru on 13-02-2014, 12:33:45 AM

Matchplay – matches have to be played within a period of basically bout two weeks, if match hasn't taken place in this time, the guy receives the win who is online @ cockatrice on gameday Sunday, 9 pm CET at the end of matchplay-period – if both do not appear, it's a draw

Vacation – each player can announce a vacation period of 1 week once during the tournament, in that case the period for playing the match prolongates for everyone by 1 week / a matchplay-period can't be prolongated more than once

Far below the earth

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (Jund-aggro)  vs   dsck (creatureless UW/b Helm-Control)
2-1

Game1:
On the final turn dsck played Entreat the Angel for five Angels, I tutored for Maelstrom Pulse and attacked for the lethal damage.

Game2:
A few turns before could I attacked for lethal damage dsck tutored all Helm Parts for the lethal combo.

Game3:
Dsck controled my board with Wrath of God, Vedalken Shackles and so on. I attacked a few times with Raging Ravine and Treetop Village, sacrificing a few creatures and mana against Vedalken Shackles. At the end dsck played Moat and I topdecked the final Lightning Bolt.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

orca-

Vazdru

hamsert (Izzet-Control) vs Vazdru (Dimir-Tempo)

g1: As I have a nice hand with 3 lands, Jace I, Lili II, Daze + Spell Snare I was able to place two pw on an empty board which caused some trouble for him to deal with. Nevertheless he managed to get rid of Lili but Jace let me draw a ton of cards while he revealed nothing but lands. So he conceded after a while. Not quite a funny game cause some kind of unfair fight.

g2: He was forced to go down to 6 cards and has to keep a one-lander. I have a nice hand again with 4 lands, Ashiok, Mana Drain and Hymn. Anyhow he found some lands but i had Ponder + Lili II from the top and put some pw on an empty board again. Ashiok exiled Venser, Clique and finally TNN, which joined my army to beat him to death.

Luck was (only) on my side this time so we've had some unfair games.
Anyhow my deck is build to beat Izzet-decks so even with some better draws it would have been a tough match for him.

0:2

Thx for the games.

Edit: Replays can be found here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3561032/HLL%20Season%20XX/Season%202/R2/SXXI%20R2%20-%20Vazdru%20vs%20Hamsert.rar

Far below the earth

orca-

Deadline for Round 2 moved to July, 20th.
We all wanna be able to watch the World Cup finals ;)

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (Jund-aggro)  vs   K0d013e4st  (RDW-classic)
2-1

Game1:
I had a Land, Birds of Paradise, Sylvan Library another 1 Drop and other 3-4 Drops in hand, so the plan was to find quick a land with the Sylvan Library. In the next 5 cards i didn't found a land, my only land got wasted and the Bird was Shot down with Searing Blood.

Game2:
Turn 2 I played Spike Jester which dealt already 6 damage as Kodo played Blood Moon. In the following turns i only had one swamp and much red mana, at least i topdecked Mogis, God of Slaughter. Meanwhile after 6 damage with Spike Jester my only creature died against a Mogg Fanatic. With my black and red mana I shot his 2 creatures which were Stormblood Berserker(supported by his Flame Rift) and Reckless Reveler. Till the end Mogis had made all the 10 remaining damage supported by his Flame Rift. At the end I was on 4 low life due to Price of Progress.

Game3:
In the beginning I had Aether Vial and Deathrite Shaman, which generated 4 life before he got shot down. I destroyed Kodo's Boggart Ram Gang and Boros Reckoner with Shriekmaw backed up with an Eternal Witness. With my Triumph of Ferocity I found Bloodbraid Elf which cascades into Spike Jester while my Aether Vial revealed a Fanatic of Xenagos. In the following attack Kodo destroyed all of my creatures with Volcanic Fallout except Fanatic of xenagos. 1-2 turns later Kodo still don't had the fourth mana so he played Wheel of Fortune and conceded to the unsolved board pressure.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 13-02-2014, 12:33:45 AM

Matchplay – matches have to be played within a period of basically bout two weeks, if match hasn't taken place in this time, the guy receives the win who is online @ cockatrice on gameday Sunday, 9 pm CET at the end of matchplay-period – if both do not appear, it's a draw

plz keep in mind it's gameday tomorrow
I will be online at 9 pm CET, plz contact me/Vazdru (or orca-) in case your opponent doesn't appear
Far below the earth

orca-

Vazdru

if you use different nicks in this forum and cockatrice make sure your opponent knows which one to contact
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Christoph (marax) and hitman rdy to play
Far below the earth

orca-

Awarding default win to ChristophO because his opponent didn't show up in time.

dsck

dsck (UW Control) vs hitman (Esper Control) 2-1

g1 I lead with Jace Architect which reveals 3 good cards, then when hitman destroys him I play Mindsculptor.

g2 I think I mulliganed to 6 this game. I have pretty good hand with bunch of counters, jace beleren and demonic. My opponent gets Obzedat to resolve with karakas in play which I didnt notice. I search STP but then obzedat gets just bounced back. I draw my own Karakas and find counter, but now hitman has drawn colonnade which I cant find removal in time due getting beat by obzedat to 2 life :(

g3 I tapped out for 3 different planeswalkers and got my opponent low on life, then had colonnade and some inevitable card advantage from mystcial teachings.
dsck90 on cockatrice